Post by anas » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:10 am

Hi guy, i got this problem too, I used firefox to upload my image and cannot be done, try to edit a code with an advise in this forum, but didn't work too. Then, I try with google chrome and seem it's work to me. :)

Post by Daniel » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:44 am

what extensions ddo you have installed?

Administrator

Post by anas » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi Daniel, actually no extensions I have made. Before this I installed OC 1.2.8 and really frustrated about uploading the image but, that moment I use firefox and doesn't try any browser. Then I reinstall a new OC 1.2.9 and the problem still there.

Then I try upload using google chrome and it's working, no coding or anything (actually i'm not a programmer or PHP expert) just using a google chrome. I can upload an image about 810 X 810px without any problem.

In case I can talk to you, please help me about this problem: I going to sell artwork. when people make a purchase (add to cart) they can add many times but the goods just 1 pcs. At administration : Product--> data--> quantity (1 just put 1 and sort order 1). Can possible people just can make 'add to cart' just once and not allow to 'add to cart' many time for purchase for a same goods.

p/s: I try many cart and i would say OC is a easy cart, some to complicated and some to simple. keep working. Please for my English... .If you like to see my art shop, I can give a link, but still working..

Post by MinionSkateboards » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:21 am

Forgive me if I am reposting or asking something that has already been asked but I can not get the images to upload to my product page. I get the upload icon spinning but no product shows up I see the product image in my folders using my ftp so what do I need to do to make sure it shows up for the product page? I have Parse time set to "No" I saw something in another post about GD2 could this have something to do with it? If my host doesn’t use this will Open Cart not work? Please let me know as I would like to have my store up ASAP! Thank you in advance!!!

Taking the world over one skateboard at a time
Minion Skateboards

Location - USA

Post by phpuk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:41 am

GD is a graphics manipulation library used by php and is installed on many hosting servers by default. To find out simply run a phpinfo() script.

How large are the images you are trying to upload?

Global Moderator

Post by Daniel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:44 am

MinionSkateboards wrote:Forgive me if I am reposting or asking something that has already been asked but I can not get the images to upload to my product page. I get the upload icon spinning but no product shows up I see the product image in my folders using my ftp so what do I need to do to make sure it shows up for the product page? I have Parse time set to "No" I saw something in another post about GD2 could this have something to do with it? If my host doesn’t use this will Open Cart not work? Please let me know as I would like to have my store up ASAP! Thank you in advance!!!

if you are using 1.2.9 redownload, reinstall and tell me if its still doing it.

I have one more solution that should be 100% fix. I will use it for uploading files in the next release.

its also anyoning that peopel are not putting which versions they are using. One person kept psoting before and when i went to there site I found they are using 0.x version.

Administrator

Post by MinionSkateboards » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 am

My images are not large they do not get any bigger than 120x325. Will I need to resize them?

Also I am using v 1.2.9 so how would I go about re-installing? Will this create duplicate tablets in mysql or should I just delete everything that I have and start all over? Or just override everything as it is now?

Minion Skateboards

Location - USA

Post by phpuk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:07 am

That depends on if you have done any theme changes or started to upload any of your products. If so backup your database first else just delete everything re-download the latest version as there is a fix in it and do a complete re-install.

Global Moderator

Post by MinionSkateboards » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:15 am

I dont know how this will help I downloaded this version TODAY and uploaded it TODAY but if you think it will help I will do it...just so you know I was using the latest version which 1.2.9 but I will try this...

Minion Skateboards

Location - USA

Post by phpuk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:16 am

Oh ok that won't help then.

Global Moderator

Post by MinionSkateboards » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:24 am

phpuk wrote:Oh ok that won't help then.
Yeah thought so but already in the middle of a re-install. I think it has to do with the GD2 thing I found earlier in the forums somewhere because I searched my hosts FAQ and couldnt find anything on it an usually they have the information for all the things they use or have.

I use 1 and1 for my website does anyone know if they use GD2 it would save a little time calling there tech people tomorrow. Anyone have any other ideas on what the problem might be?

Minion Skateboards

Location - USA

Post by MinionSkateboards » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:56 am

HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!!! I have never seen that but glad it worked...I re-installed and uploaded so it worked I havent re-done the https stuff like I had before or anything else yet but my product image showed up so it worked!!! Would have never thought it....THANK YOU!!!

Minion Skateboards

Location - USA

Post by phpuk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:36 pm

No nor me but still I am glad it fixed your problem.

Global Moderator

Post by op_sjo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:48 pm

I am also having issues uploading images.

I am using v1.2.9, downloaded 01/07/2009. I have tested FF, IE and Chrome.

If I try to upload a new logo image via admin/settings, I get the spinny image but nothing uploads.

Same result if I try and upload a product image.

Existing/pre-installed product images are being displayed on the site.

Can someone tell me which directory the files get uploaded to and what permissions they should have?

This is current state:

Code: Select all

-rw-r--r--  1 stu  apache   523 Jul  2 08:42 .htaccess
drwxr-xr-x  6 stu  apache   512 Jul  1 23:00 admin
drwxrwxrwx  2 stu  apache  1536 Jul  2 09:39 cache
drwxr-xr-x  6 stu  apache   512 Jul  1 23:00 catalog
-rwxr-xr-x  1 stu  apache  1130 Jul  2 08:37 config.php
drwxr-xr-x  2 stu  apache   512 Jul  1 22:59 download
drwxr-xr-x  4 stu  apache  2048 Jul  1 22:59 image
-rw-r--r--  1 stu  apache  2229 Jul  1 23:00 index.php
drwxr-xr-x  8 stu  apache   512 Jul  1 22:59 system
Thanks!

Post by Steph » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by op_sjo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks Steph

Yeah they are set, I even went as far as going to 777 for testing, but no change. I think it's a problem with the ajax code but debugging that isn't my forté.

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:50 pm

whats the lnk to your site? pm me your login details.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:25 pm

phpuk wrote:No nor me but still I am glad it fixed your problem.

are you still having image problems?

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by aim sopp » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:42 pm

I've been up nearly 24 hours trying to figure this Image Upload stuff out...
I'm using v1.2.9 of Open Card
Currently using Mozilla/5.0
No the time thing whatever it is under the admin controls is not turned on.
I do have to say though that my host Magic Quire is turn on... and wont turn it off.

Please let me know if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
Joshua

Post by Daniel » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:58 am

i have just found it is adding garbage characters in the upload data.

OpenCart®

Administrator