Post by lillolollo » Mon May 18, 2009 3:00 am

Is this module no longer supported?
I think it is an important feature and not a module that must be integrate in main code

Post by Geek » Sat May 23, 2009 7:38 am

I asked the same question if this module was supported at all as well by the author. The reply that I received from the author was that he was waiting for a stable version to come out and with all the major core code changes, he felt that it was easier to just wait till the more stable version is released.

Yes, I do agree that it should be included in OC's core code. But, we will see what happens and develops. ;)

Location - Cyberspace, the final frontier...

Post by iloveopencart » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:15 pm

A new version of the Customer Group module for OpenCart v1.2.8 has been posted.

Details: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... tion_id=98.

Download: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=314.

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by elmo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:34 am

HI There:
I have downloaded the customer group model for v1.28
I think I have followed all of the instructions correctly but I actually doubt that I have followed %100 as I am not a programmer. anyway I have login to the admin section & hav applied the permissions as per the readme file
but when I select "customers" for the menu O get the following error
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/directit/public_html/admin/model/customer/customer_group.php:7) in /home/directit/public_html/system/library/response.php on line 65 Ialso get this error if I select "Customer Group"

also I select the edit function I get the following error in the general
Notice: Undefined variable: entry_customer_group in /home/directit/public_html/admin/view/template/customer/customer_form.tpl on line 68

Regards in Advance

Post by iloveopencart » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/directit/public_html/admin/model/customer/customer_group.php:7)in /home/directit/public_html/system/library/response.php on line 65
I've never encountered this type of error, so I'm not sure what would be causing it. After writing this module, I performed a complete new install on a fresh copy of OpenCart v1.2.8 and didn't get this error. Does anyone else know what would cause this?
Notice: Undefined variable: entry_customer_group in /home/directit/public_html/admin/view/template/customer/customer_form.tpl on line 68
Check admin/controller/customer/customer.php and make sure you added the following block of code. The line that seems to be missing is $this->data['entry_customer_group'] = $this->language->get('entry_customer_group');

Code: Select all

// Customer Group module
$this->data['entry_customer_group'] = $this->language->get('entry_customer_group');
if (isset($this->request->post['customer_group_id'])) {
$this->data['customer_group_id'] = $this->request->post['customer_group_id'];
} else {
$this->data['customer_group_id'] = @$customer_info['customer_group_id'];
}
$this->load->model('customer/customer_group');
$this->data['customer_groups'] = $this->model_customer_customer_group->getCustomerGroups();
// end customer group
To help out, I have attached the entire admin folder, the entire catalog folder, and the entire system/library folder. These are the core files with all completed edits for this contribution.

Attachments

OpenCart 1.2.8 system/library core files with Customer Group modifications.

OpenCart 1.2.8 catalog core files with Customer Group modifications.

OpenCart 1.2.8 admin core files with Customer Group modifications.

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by iloveopencart » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:01 pm

I just want to mention how important it is to make a backup of your application before installing this module. Unfortunately, for this module to work properly, there had to be a LOT of hacks to the core. A simple mistake during installation could really wreak havoc. So please, make a backup first and follow the instructions carefully. ;D

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by lillolollo » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:02 am

great module thanks iloveopencart

Post by iloveopencart » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:30 am

Welcome ;D . Watch for the next version of OC to have this feature included in the core.

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by phpuk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:52 am

iloveopencart wrote:Watch for the next version of OC to have this feature included in the core.
Excellent news.

Global Moderator