Post by SpoonIsBad » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:48 am

OpenCart Version 1.5.1

I've just finished making my first opencart site, and thus far I've been very pleased. Great work opencart team! ;D However, I'm having a problem with the js checkout form in IE9 (works fine in FF, Chrome, and Safari). The page loads fine, and I can see all the headings, but their corresponding divs won't slide down when clicked, making it impossible to use the checkout feature. I hope I've described this problem well enough, if not write back and let me know.

My site is http://www.happybeavertees.com/HappyBeaverShop (Note: the site could be NSFW, not because there is nudes or anything some of the shirts just use foul language)

Thanks!
Last edited by SpoonIsBad on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

www.happybeavertees.com

Post by SpoonIsBad » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:12 am

I tried restoring all the .tpl files, and still no luck. Any other suggestions?

www.happybeavertees.com

Post by SpoonIsBad » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:46 am

I've re done all the css too, and still nothing. :(!

www.happybeavertees.com

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:54 am

works fine in ie9 here.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by SpoonIsBad » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Xsecrets wrote:works fine in ie9 here.
That's strange it's still not working for me. I guess it's something on my end, :-\ I'll try reinstalling ie9. Thanks for the response!

www.happybeavertees.com

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:28 pm

Xsecrets wrote:works fine in ie9 here.
Ditto

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by SpoonIsBad » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:57 pm

After a reinstall it's still happening for me, but works for everyone else I've showed so who knows. Thanks guys!

www.happybeavertees.com

Post by bepdaniels » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Are you able to let me know how you solved this problem? I was only just alerted to this when a customer called and told me they can't proceed past the delivery address with IE9. I've tested also with IE9 and there is a problem!

iPhone Jailbreak/Unlock: http://www.unlockiphone.com.au
ALL Phone's Genuine Factory Unlock: http://www.unlockcodes.com.au
COMING SOON: Unlock your iPhone through iTunes. No codes, software or downloads!

Post by webpie it. » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:06 pm

I have also seen this behavior in IE9, was round a friends and tested all the OC sites, even the demo, and sure enough the checkout would not work! Made sure they had JS enabled! (who doesn't anyway these days) But then got back to the office and tried it on my own, works fine, same build as well of IE9, very strange!

Regards

Chris

Post by SpoonIsBad » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:08 am

bepdaniels wrote:Are you able to let me know how you solved this problem? I was only just alerted to this when a customer called and told me they can't proceed past the delivery address with IE9. I've tested also with IE9 and there is a problem!
I never figured it out, no one else could recreate the problem on their computers so I figured it was just something on my end.

www.happybeavertees.com

Post by SoulV » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:17 am

It does the same to me... so far i think its a firefox issue and seems to work in IE. But I have searched the web and cant find any solutions... Lots of people are haveing the same problem. It does it to me on fresh install with no mods.

Solve

Location - UK

Post by graham1006 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 am

This had been bothering me on ie9 on my main computer, but not on my other one. After reading this thread and finding some of you having the problem with ff I realised it must be a settings issue and not a problem to be solved within OC. I have never had a problem with ff and my checkout, however after a bit of playing around I have the solution for ie9 at least which is to do with the compatibility view settings and can be fixed as follows : -

1. Within ie go to - Tools
2. Then select - Compatability View Settings
3. Then select - Display all websites in compatibility - by checking it from the options
4. Close

and voila it works!

Everybodies happy! ;)

Once I I work out the ff solution which should be similar, I will let you know. I hope this helps.

Post by SoulV » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi, I found a solution, by moving servers... still to this day I dont know why, but a server changed fixed it. It took over 7 months of posting, outsourcing and trying suggestions. It happens for me on a double click. I hope this may help someone if nessesary.

Solve

Location - UK