Post by framos41 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 am

it would be awsome to have sales agents registered, so admin can assign them specific clients and this sales agents can log in and send products quotes to clients they have in their lists

regards

Post by Skuzzy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:57 am

Hi Daniel,

How about a customer custom made products feature, where customers can build a unique product from a list of products in a specific category allowing them to pick and choose components and name the product themselves. (eg. Online Prescription Service for Herbal practitioners) customer products would have to be unique and only available to the customer that builds the product. Each product build would have a unique product ID.

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:56 am

Skuzzy wrote:Hi Daniel,

How about a customer custom made products feature, where customers can build a unique product from a list of products in a specific category allowing them to pick and choose components and name the product themselves. (eg. Online Prescription Service for Herbal practitioners) customer products would have to be unique and only available to the customer that builds the product. Each product build would have a unique product ID.
sorry, but that is way too specific of a requirement to put into the core. You need to hire someone to build that custom for you.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by labeshops » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 am

I would like to see the orders section beefed up on the backend to include things like status for each product ordered (in stock, backordered, ordered, etc) and orders sorted into tab section by status - so I can look at one tab at all pending orders, partial shipped, shipped, etc.

Also an in stock message selector like the out of stock one so I can easily include statuses like "Dropships from Manufacturer" etc instead of just "In Stock".

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by marvmen21 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:37 pm

labeshops wrote: Also an in stock message selector like the out of stock one so I can easily include statuses like "Dropships from Manufacturer" etc instead of just "In Stock".

are you talking about this?

Attachments

stock.png

stock.png (18.79 KiB) Viewed 5596 times

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by thehumancpu » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:27 pm

I think it would be a nice feature to add is giving out reward points for reviews of your products.

It could be as simple as a standard reward amount all across the board with a limit of 1 payout per account. (Can only complete the offer once, etc).

Or can be as complex as setting individual rewards for reviews for each product

Just a suggestion that can help spark reviews for many online shops.

Joel

Post by scanreg » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:06 pm

framos41 wrote:it would be awsome to have sales agents registered, so admin can assign them specific clients and this sales agents can log in and send products quotes to clients they have in their lists

regards
+1

would be cool if sales agents could have their own coupon codes that their clients could enter to get agent-specific discounts/deals

Post by martinyazigi » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:20 am

please add different store views, so each language can have a different logo

Post by lightsource » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:45 am

Hi all, first post here and I apologize if this has already been written;

I read that the cost field will be added back, and I also read that some people were addressing the issue with changing costs, which would ruin historical results. However, there is a very simple solution to this.

Store cost, tax and revenue for each order. This makes use of the cost and tax-rates present at the time the order was placed. This makes it very easy for the system to calculate actual historical revenues, costs and tax-sums even if these rates have changed numerous times.

This would also mean that results are right even if currency rates have changed.

Post by pal7088 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:24 am

Destination Based Tax System -

This would be a huge help to a lot of users. There is a free Tax lookup service (http://taxcloud.net/) that has an API that you could integrate. Because my customers taxes are destination based and my state has over 1300 taxed jurisdictions there is no way to manage this accurately. The only way is use a tax lookup service. I am currently using the AccurateTax Extension that works great but is a pay by lookup service. There is nothing wrong with that but why pay when you can do it for free? :) Anyway, please check it out. I think it would be a great standard feature that would be OpenCart another leg up.

Thanks!!

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:02 am

pal7088 wrote:Destination Based Tax System -

This would be a huge help to a lot of users. There is a free Tax lookup service (http://taxcloud.net/) that has an API that you could integrate. Because my customers taxes are destination based and my state has over 1300 taxed jurisdictions there is no way to manage this accurately. The only way is use a tax lookup service. I am currently using the AccurateTax Extension that works great but is a pay by lookup service. There is nothing wrong with that but why pay when you can do it for free? :) Anyway, please check it out. I think it would be a great standard feature that would be OpenCart another leg up.

Thanks!!
I'll have a look at this. I may create a mod for this. I'm looking at updating a kansas tax lookup mod using their web service I did for one of my customers for 1.4.x, but I may just do one using this instead so it gets all of the US.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by labeshops » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:39 am

marvmen21 wrote:
labeshops wrote: Also an in stock message selector like the out of stock one so I can easily include statuses like "Dropships from Manufacturer" etc instead of just "In Stock".

are you talking about this?
That's the status that displays if a product is out of stock. But if it's in stock, I'd like be able to choose what it says as well in stead of just "In Stock". For example my dropshippers that have items in stock that I want to say "Dropships from California" or "Ships from Florida" whatever.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Johnathan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:30 am

pal7088 wrote:Destination Based Tax System -

Thanks!!
Looks like a handy service. I also have a client that needs this, so if Xsecrets doesn't get around to it, I'll try and release an extension that utilizes this.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by mylasbags » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 am

Xsecrets wrote:
mylasbags wrote: FYI.. Magento Cart has this option.
how do they manage it? I can't think of a way that wouldn't take two or three days to configure, and there's no need to make majority of users that don't need this to go through that pain of setting it up.
What do you mean how do they configure it? How does the end user configure? Well as with everything, it does take a few minutes to set up. You can set up zip codes one by one or using a range. Most of the zip codes I would use would be a range (i.e. codes 29456-29460 charge 7% tax).

You also have the option to set up tax rates by state so if you are in a state that only charges one sales tax rate, you can do that the same as you can on OC.

Location - SC, USA

Post by Johnathan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:03 am

Zipcode-based tax systems aren't accurate for the entire U.S. tax system, which is why I think Xsecrets mentioned it would take so long to set up.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by deeno » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:27 am

Here comes some feature requests from me (mostly usability):

MENU/INFORMATION
========================
Make an option to hide page in menus (information module). For example I would like to hide sitemap section from information but I don't want to inactivate it. Now I have to hack it to customize it according to my needs.

FILE MANAGER
==================
  • Remove success alert after the file has been uploaded.
  • Make file manager bigger. I would recommend 960px X 570px
  • Make it remember and automatically open last working directory.
  • Multiple file upload would be nice but is not critical.
  • File manager should be accessible from top menu because I would like to work with my files even if I am not planning to attach images to products etc.

COLORS, STATUS TEXT AND OTHER
==============================
  • Disabled/Inactivated text should be in red or gray color so I know what pages/products/etc. is disabled. Now when it is black color it's hard to see which product is enabled which is disabled.
  • In lists make mouse over effect on complete row. For example if I need to change a product it's impossible to see if I am on the right row.
  • SEO-keyword should really be language based like META-description and META-keywords
  • Put disabled/new product reviews on dashboard. Even here it's very useful if you use another color for inactivated text in Catalog/Reviews. Now it's very hard to see which review is inactivated.

I have many more ideas and tips but I think these should make peoples life easier in the next version of OpenCart.
I'll give you a big cred for making a such clean administration interface and even default template. Please continue to keep it simple and clean!

Post by tomkirk23 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:03 am

Hi -

I would suggest the following:

- Improved information and granularity in the HTML div structure. I understand that this is sort of a vague request. I think that more "feature requests" should/could be handled by simple CSS coding, as opposed to .tpl edits. As a simple example (and not the only example), I would like to highlight (in some way) the current menu selection (to show the user what page they are on). I believe this requires a tpl edit to dynamically add a "class" to the current menu selection. This sort of thing should be built-in. In addition, it would be nice to have more ability to simply use CSS to remove or enhance certain functions (this would also be embraced by the less technically-inclined).

I generally feel that CSS is under-utilized as it pertains to OC -- I believe this is due to the lack of information and granularity in the div structure to better identify where you are and to enable you pick out specific items.

- Google Fonts integration.

- A way to store and communicate shipping tracking codes to customers (I know there are modules for this, but this should be built-in).

- An improved Product page (or perhaps a few optional formats). Also a vague request, but I suspect there are alot of folks who spend alot of time on their Product page

- From a documentation perspective, it would be great to have version 1 of a list of OC variables that can be referenced from tpl files.

- Better method for module integration +1 +1 +1 +1
- Vqmod +1
- Mailchimp +1
- Fedex +1

- Multi-Vendor -1 (this sounds like an over-reach for a small population, better to refine core functionality)

Thank you...

Post by alex1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:48 am

Is anyone who can add these to the core even reading this thread? (daniel/Q)?

Post by purpletoad » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am

How about a product discount type selection (price/percentage), Thanks

Post by robster » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:37 am

It would be great if it was possible to sell a product as either a physical item or a digital download, simply by choosing this option on he product page with a radio button...... or am I missing this function already there??

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK