Post by mosesg » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:59 pm

After upgrading from 1.4.9 to 1.5.1.3 I am getting errors when I attempt to reload my backup
Notice: Error: Unknown column 'meta_keywords' in 'field list'
Error No: 1054
INSERT INTO `category_description` (`category_id`, `language_id`, `name`, `meta_keywords`, `meta_description`, `description`) VALUES ('73', '1', 'Air Compressor Generator Welder', '', '', '') in /home/nels11/public_html/secure/system/database/mysql.php on line 49
this is the error I am getting. also now after reloading my excel import/export script it is returning out of memory errors on a small 2mb excel file.

Also due to this it appears that the categories have not been reloaded.
with over 2000+ products loaded and now not linking to the categories correctly it is making life very difficult
Please any help would be appeciated

Post by mosesg » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:42 am

I have started to dissect the sql backup and removing any reference to the said item causes catastrophic failure throughout the whole database. simply causing nothing to load. some help would be nice especially since i had followed all directions step by step on this upgrade processes and now am at a complete loss as well no product categories are being listed on the main storefront which is making me nervous that there are other issues happening here.

Post by mosesg » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:58 am

So on a separate subdomain i reloaded an older version of opencart and restored the backup and all is working well. must be an issue with the database updating through the fields after dissecting the sql file i could not find any clear cut reason for it to not be working. again any help would be greatly appreciated

Post by mosesg » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:21 am

backing up from the older installation and then trying to reload i am encountering the same issues. was there a change in the sql from the older to the current version i believe that is the issue is since the database structure is different it will not load correctly. can someone please advise on this if this is the issue what must i do to the database to allow it to import correctly?

Post by speedy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:56 am

No one is replying because the answer is said this website over and over and over. It has been said you MUST NOT update from 1.4.x to 1.5.1.3. Go here and start over: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36519

Post by mosesg » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:14 am

I followed thoose steps

Post by mosesg » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:01 am

I attempted to do this again on a fresh install of 1.4.9.x followed steps exactly and again returned same issues.

Post by fido-x » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:11 pm

The update from 1.4.9.x to 1.5.1.3 is a 2 step process.

Step 1: Run the script from viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36519. This will update from 1.4.x to 1.5.1.2.

Step 2: Run the upgrade script in your 1.5.1.3 package. This will update from 1.5.1.2 to 1.5.1.3.x

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by mosesg » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:17 pm

I did that in a new install but when trying to import my bakcup it is still hanging on the same product and with the same error. will attempt another new install of 1.4.9 and upgrade to 1.5.1.2 then 1.5.1.3

Post by mosesg » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm

that is after the update script and upgrade to 1.5.x i then try to import my backup and returns same error

Post by fido-x » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 pm

mosesg wrote:that is after the update script and upgrade to 1.5.x i then try to import my backup and returns same error
You can't import your backup once you have run the update script(s). There are new tables added and some tables have had fields added or had fields removed. Some tables have fields that have changed names.

Sure, the instructions say to backup your database (as they should). This is so you can restore your website to how it used to be before you updated in the event of a problem.

Trying to restore your backup after running the update script(s) will only cause problems.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by mosesg » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:51 pm

attempted again doing on a new install and nada same error is there a way to remove the product its hanging on from the sql file without it causing catastrophic errors?

Post by fido-x » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:07 am

You can't load (or restore) a 1.4.9 database into a 1.5.1.3 installation (clean or otherwise).

Copy the files from the 1.5.1.3 package over your existing site files. Then:
fido-x wrote:Step 1: Run the script from viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36519. This will update from 1.4.x to 1.5.1.2.

Step 2: Run the upgrade script in your 1.5.1.3 package. This will update from 1.5.1.2 to 1.5.1.3.x
You will get errors. After you have run the upgrade scripts, log in to your admin, go to "Extensions->Modules" and uninstall ALL of your modules, then re-install (and re-configure) those you wish to use.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by mosesg » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:22 am

It cant be done even after running the script?

also after uninstallnig and reinstalling modules I am encountering these errors now
Fatal error: Cannot access private property Document::$title in /home/nels11/public_html/secure/admin/controller/module/manufacturer.php on line 8

Post by fido-x » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:36 am

mosesg wrote:It cant be done even after running the script?
No. As previously stated, there have been changes in the database structure.
also after uninstallnig and reinstalling modules I am encountering these errors now
Fatal error: Cannot access private property Document::$title in /home/nels11/public_html/secure/admin/controller/module/manufacturer.php on line 8
Uninstall the manufacturer module. It is has been replaced by the "carousel" module.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by mosesg » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:07 am

so how does one re import the categories and products? as with the update the excel import/export tool I prior to this used does not work now.

Notice: Error: Duplicate entry '77-0' for key 'PRIMARY'
Error No: 1062
INSERT INTO category_to_store SET category_id = '77', store_id = '0' in /home/nels11/public_html/secure/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

when trying to add categories it does not let me as props this but there is nothing showing the the categories menu on the admin in the categories.

Post by fido-x » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 am

mosesg wrote:so how does one re import the categories and products?
You shouldn't need to restore (or re-import) anything.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:40 pm

The meta_keywords is in the beta2 upgrade sql file under the 1.4.8 section

Code: Select all

# Add Meta Keywords
ALTER TABLE `oc_category_description` MODIFY name varchar(255) NOT NULL COMMENT '' COLLATE utf8_bin;
ALTER TABLE `oc_category_description` ADD `meta_keywords` varchar(255) NOT NULL COMMENT '' COLLATE utf8_bin;
ALTER TABLE `oc_product_description` ADD `meta_keywords` varchar(255) NOT NULL COMMENT '' COLLATE utf8_bin;
So they should certainly be there. Try running the script again.

Administrator

Post by fido-x » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:21 pm

That's all well and good Q, but since 1.5.0 those field names have been singular, not plural, ie. "meta_keyword" as opposed to "meta_keywords", in both the category_description and the product_description tables.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by mosesg » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:57 am

that's what I don't get either is its suppose to do it but it didn't like all products are there but the categories are missing and when I go to manually re add them it tells me duplicate errors. but they are not showing in the control panel.

Thank You for your help btw I have been pulling my hair out over the categories thing since with 2500+ products it would be godly time consuming trying to manually re assign all. but since the products already have the data there and the previous categories assigned still but just not showing is making it very frustrating. so anyone willing to help I appreciate much and your the first one to address it beyond run upgrade script and follow directions since I did all that.