Post by missneopoints » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Okay I have reward points set up for my site.

It all works fine and even in the store when you check out and buy something with the reward points it takes the amount off in the cart.

However, when you go to PayPal, PayPal still tries and charges you for this item. How can I fix this?

Post by Daniel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:27 pm

make sure you have the extension > total installed for reward points.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by missneopoints » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:26 am

Daniel wrote:make sure you have the extension > total installed for reward points.
Can you give me a link to the extension you are talking about?

Post by Qphoria » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:11 am

He just did... its part of opencart... in the admin.. Extensions->Order Totals->Reward

Administrator

Post by missneopoints » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:46 pm

This is already installed and enabled?

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:07 pm

you need to make sure you have free checkout payment module installed and enabled. It will only show up when the amount is 0.00. You have to do this because papal will not process $0.00 orders.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by missneopoints » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:20 pm

I have done that also, still has not fixed it?

EDIT: Okay so it is now working on free checkout mode, but via paypal even if there is still an amount to pay, the reward points are not picking up.

Post by missneopoints » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:12 am

No solutions?

Post by Daniel » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:45 pm

missneopoints wrote:Okay I have reward points set up for my site.

It all works fine and even in the store when you check out and buy something with the reward points it takes the amount off in the cart.

However, when you go to PayPal, PayPal still tries and charges you for this item. How can I fix this?

Paypal does nto charge you for the item. the item is listed on paypal at full price.

the reward points discount is done at the totals. where it says

Reward Points(200): $-129.03

your wasting my time. it shoudl be obvious to most people the discount is applied in the line that talks about shipping, taxes and discounts.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:18 am

Hum ... I was sure to have posted in here before ...

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Daniel » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:47 am

you did i removed it because you where hijacking this thread to solve your own problems.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:33 am

Daniel wrote:you did i removed it because you where hijacking this thread to solve your own problems.
I beg to differ. I simply added my two cent noticing from the code that the reward points were indeed not added into the confirmation order once a successful response from the gateway. In fact, by reading your previous statement, you state that the rewards are calculated in the total which means, right now, the totals are being calculated before actually sending the order to the payment gateway. The way I see this, and the way it's been developed right now in OpenCart, is that before an order gets officially completed, we have to calculate the totals before the payment gateway receives the order through API. Although, it is not up to the merchant nor to the customers to decide whenever an order has been completed which is why payment gateways exists to confirm that statement. If the order has been unsuccessful, there should be no rewards nor any extra features added towards the customers as credibility since the payment gateway has not confirmed a successful response. The only time it should be calculated before, and even there, would be logically when it's about an offline payment processing. Although, with offline payment processing, some merchants might even want to have this feature before or after the payment is done.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by missneopoints » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:18 am

your wasting my time. it shoudl be obvious to most people the discount is applied in the line that talks about shipping, taxes and discounts.
I actually am quite doing the opposite from wasting your time. My store is having a problem, you have given me a solution which has not fixed the problem. Then I am wasting your time. I have had a number of customers and including myself on a family members PayPal test this out and even though when checking out the amount charged says one thing, PayPal actually still charges the full amount before Reward points were redeemed.

Post by ZeroContent » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 am

Obviously this is a bit late but here's the solution that I did.

First you have to install and enable "Free Checkout" and set status to "processing" in the admin menu Extensions->Payment

For each of the other payment types you accept to go catalog\model\payment\
and edit the php file for the other type. Example pp_standard.php for Pay Pal Standard

Find this:

Code: Select all

if ($this->config->get('pp_standard_total') > $total) {
			$status = false;
And insert this:

Code: Select all

} elseif ($total == 0){
			$status = false;
This will hide the Pay Pal option when the cart value is zero dollars. As long as you have the "Free Checkout" enabled that will show up only when the cart is zero dollars, then you don't have to worry about the Pay Pal issue.

Post by R3aver » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi,

I’ve made an option: size of products and i’ve selected to increase the initial reward points for example by 5 for a bigger size. But in shopping cart it doesn’t show the correct sum of reward points, it doesn’t update the number of the points I’ve set in the first place.
Thanks in advance!

Post by AMDetails » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Just incase any one comes across this like i did after a search today.
Xsecrets wrote:you need to make sure you have free checkout payment module installed and enabled. It will only show up when the amount is 0.00. You have to do this because papal will not process $0.00 orders.
Is the solution you are after.

Firstly i enabled this in Extensions > Payments.

Then i went through all my other payment methods and made the following adjustment.

in the option box

Total:
The checkout total the order must reach before this payment method becomes active.
I set this to 0.01

So now if for whatever reason. The reward points cover the cost of the products purchased and the customers selects a payment method that requires no payment (Collect from store) then the order is processes in opencart. ( i do not allow reward points to cover postage)

So in other words. If the order total is £0.00 then it only shows free checkout as a payment option.

anything over £0.00 and my standard payment features show and Free checkout disappears.

Hope this helps future searches.