Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Give us the complete error message, you may find it also in yuour system/logs/error.txt .

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by speedimpex » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi there
We managed to get the full import done, but we had to take out about 8 lines of products. I can't suss out why this particular product was causing it to fail. However, although we have got everything else back, we have found that in the product description, the beginning, end and anywhere that was a carriage return, is populated with _x000D_ So we are painstakingly going through every product to remove this. It is also in some of the meta tag descriptions and meta tag keywords. Any ideas? I will have a look in the system/logs/error.txt in a bit and send you the complete message. Many thanks, Gill

Post by deano65 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:00 pm

speedimpex wrote:Hi there
We managed to get the full import done, but we had to take out about 8 lines of products. I can't suss out why this particular product was causing it to fail. However, although we have got everything else back, we have found that in the product description, the beginning, end and anywhere that was a carriage return, is populated with _x000D_ So we are painstakingly going through every product to remove this. It is also in some of the meta tag descriptions and meta tag keywords. Any ideas? I will have a look in the system/logs/error.txt in a bit and send you the complete message. Many thanks, Gill
i have exactly the same issue.

please help.

Post by deano65 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:39 pm

BUMP

Post by deano65 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 pm

can anyone from Import/Export help with this? I have seen that others have had the problem and not been given a solution.

Post by speedimpex » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Yeah, it would be really good to know how to fix this. As the problem is now, we're loathe to use the import/export tool to update any more products. Which would be much easier, but if it's going to put strange code in every time, then we need to understand why it's doing it, and how to stop it.
Thanks
Gill

Post by speedimpex » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'sSciencePlanFelineMatureAdult7ActiveLongevityChicken2kg.jpg',1,12.49,'2011-07-12' at line 1
Error No: 1064

There is nothing in the system error logs that corresponds to the date when we did this.
By removing this item and 7 others of a similar name, we were able to upload everything else again, but that's when we noticed the 0001_D in every product description.

cheers
Gill

Post by speedimpex » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:55 pm

just wondering if there was any update on this issue.First off I can't understand why it didn't like that particular product, and removing the other 7 of a similar description allowed the import to work. But where does the 0001_D come from? How's it getting that in the production description?

Many thanks

Gill

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:40 pm

speedimpex wrote:just wondering if there was any update on this issue.First off I can't understand why it didn't like that particular product, and removing the other 7 of a similar description allowed the import to work. But where does the 0001_D come from? How's it getting that in the production description?

Many thanks

Gill
Try saving it as an XLS file using OpenOffice and let me know if you still get the same issue.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by speedimpex » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:29 pm

It is an xls file. Thanks Gill

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:29 pm

speedimpex wrote:Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'sSciencePlanFelineMatureAdult7ActiveLongevityChicken2kg.jpg',1,12.49,'2011-07-12' at line 1
Error No: 1064

There is nothing in the system error logs that corresponds to the date when we did this.
By removing this item and 7 others of a similar name, we were able to upload everything else again, but that's when we noticed the 0001_D in every product description.

cheers
Gill
I am unable to reproduce your error. I tested it with MS Office 2007, and I am not getting any 0001_D after Import.

Also, you are not giving us enough details. How about showing us the complete SQL error message for a start?

Finally, have you tried saving it as an XLS file using OpenOffice and then repeated the Import?

Guru Member

Post by smutnak » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Hello, I Have problem with export. When I clicked to Export, file save to disk with no errors, but when open in excel... Wrong format. On other shop is OK.

Attachments

wrong_export.gif

wrong_export.gif (78.56 KiB) Viewed 9016 times

Location - Czech Republic

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Hello, I Have problem with export. When I clicked to Export, file save to disk with no errors, but when open in excel... Wrong format. On other shop is OK.
Send me a PM with your FTP and Opencart login details so that I can take a look at it.

Also, do you get the same error when using OpenOffice Calc instead of MS Excel?

Guru Member

Post by robinlolo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Version 1.4.9.4
Installed successfully ..Thank you

my file size 7 MB
the original extension for the file was csv but i maunulaly changed it to xls

when i am trying to import this error occurs
Fatal error: Call to undefined method PHPExcel_Reader_CSV::setReadDataOnly() in /home/communikom/webapps/passtech/admin/model/tool/export.php on line 1176
===================================================
my htaccess configuration is

Code: Select all

php_value memory_limit 512M
php_value post_max_size 16M
php_value upload_max_filesize 16M
i will attach a sample of the xls file ...

Thank you ...

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm

robinlolo wrote:Version 1.4.9.4
Installed successfully ..Thank you

my file size 7 MB
the original extension for the file was csv but i maunulaly changed it to xls

when i am trying to import this error occurs
Fatal error: Call to undefined method PHPExcel_Reader_CSV::setReadDataOnly() in /home/communikom/webapps/passtech/admin/model/tool/export.php on line 1176
===================================================
my htaccess configuration is

Code: Select all

php_value memory_limit 512M
php_value post_max_size 16M
php_value upload_max_filesize 16M
i will attach a sample of the xls file ...

Thank you ...
Your file is not a valid XLS file in the expected format.

Guru Member

Post by speedimpex » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:16 pm

I am unable to reproduce your error. I tested it with MS Office 2007, and I am not getting any 0001_D after Import.

Also, you are not giving us enough details. How about showing us the complete SQL error message for a start?

Finally, have you tried saving it as an XLS file using OpenOffice and then repeated the Import?

Apologies, it's an xlsx file. Does this make a difference? It's microsoft office Excel 2007 but we're using Windows Vista. I cannot reproduce the message, but what I've already posted was pretty much all it said. When you talk about Open Office is this a different product to normal office?
Thanks Gill

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Apologies, it's an xlsx file. Does this make a difference? It's microsoft office Excel 2007 but we're using Windows Vista. I cannot reproduce the message, but what I've already posted was pretty much all it said. When you talk about Open Office is this a different product to normal office?
Thanks Gill
Don't use xlsx format, use the xls instead, only the latter is supported by the Export/Import tool.

As regards OpenOffice: In my opinion it is better than MS Office to use.

Guru Member

Post by gotschai » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:31 am

Hi JNeuhoff,

a great module you made, thank you.
I have a cell trucating issue when exporting data to xls.

I have done a few changes since I have some extra columns in my tables. Using version 1.4.9.3, xls files edit with excell 2007 in compatibility mode.
I just have an issue with the cell size limit, as I have many related products, practically they are more than 255 characters long when written in a cell. Also descriptions are more then 255 chars long.
When importing, everything works fine, accepts longer cells fine, but when exporting, the cells are truncated to 255chars, so I cannot add data to the table and import back.

Is there a simple way to set not to truncate the data in cells?

Thank you for your answer

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:03 am

gotschai wrote: Is there a simple way to set not to truncate the data in cells?
Use OpenOffice, and always save your XLS file as 'Microsoft Excel 97/2000/XP (XLS)'.
Also, consider upgrading to a newer version of Opencart with a matching Export/Import tool.

Guru Member

Post by gotschai » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:53 am

i tried OpenOffice3, but it did not change since the issue is with the exported file.
So I will take a loot at the PHPExcel classes.
I plan to upgrade, just have to test my mods, so they keep on working.
First I test if this truncating at export occurs at the latest versions.
Thank you for your time.