Post by kdees1377 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:25 pm

I installed the import/export tool with no problems except that under system tab the export / import is listed twice and goes to the exact same page. Has any one else experienced the double entry under the system tab? This is annoying because I can not track where the last entry is coming from. I can move the first one up the list by modifying the view/template/common/header file. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post by siffrock » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:51 pm

kdees1377 wrote:I installed the import/export tool with no problems except that under system tab the export / import is listed twice and goes to the exact same page. Has any one else experienced the double entry under the system tab? This is annoying because I can not track where the last entry is coming from. I can move the first one up the list by modifying the view/template/common/header file. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
you probably made the same mistake I made.
You modified the files manually and also have the export.xml file in the xml folder of Vqmod.
So you have them displayed twice.
Check it and let us know ;-)
Roberto

Location - London

Post by pitkin2020 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:13 am

I can not find the export/import option?

I have installed all the files and I already had the latest Vqmod installed. I'm using an install of open cart v1.5.1.3.1. EDIT just realised this is for 1.5.0.x so i'm guessing it wont work with 1.5.1.x?

I have changed the name of my admin folder lets say to MY_ADMIN. I didn't have any new options under user groups> top admin but i changed some lines within the export.xml from the default admin to MY_ADMIN and they have now appeared. I have selected them but still no option to export/import anywhere from the dashboard.

From my limited understanding with VQmod installed I shouldn't needed to edit any other files or am I mistaken?? If I do which should I be changing and too what??

Any help much appreciated.

Post by pitkin2020 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:40 pm

Well I managed to get this working but I had to manually edit the files to get in functioning. From the instructions it reads like you don't have to do that if you install the Vqmod but even with the vqmod script installed I still had to edit the files to get it working.

Nice tool though once you get it running, many thanks

Post by prodac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:23 am

Hi,

I'm having some problems importing my products into OpenCart 1.5.1.3 after exporting them from OpenCart 1.5.1.2. I get the successful import message, but there is no categories or products to be found in my shop.

Anyone experienced the same?

Post by pitkin2020 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 am

prodac wrote:Hi,

I'm having some problems importing my products into OpenCart 1.5.1.3 after exporting them from OpenCart 1.5.1.2. I get the successful import message, but there is no categories or products to be found in my shop.

make sure you have filled in language ID and store ID on the spread sheet for catergories, I left store ID blank and it needed to be zero for me. For products check language ID again, enabled status and store ID.

Post by pitkin2020 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:03 am

siffrock wrote:
kdees1377 wrote:I installed the import/export tool with no problems except that under system tab the export / import is listed twice and goes to the exact same page. Has any one else experienced the double entry under the system tab? This is annoying because I can not track where the last entry is coming from. I can move the first one up the list by modifying the view/template/common/header file. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
you probably made the same mistake I made.
You modified the files manually and also have the export.xml file in the xml folder of Vqmod.
So you have them displayed twice.
Check it and let us know ;-)
Roberto
same here, i modified the files manually as it wasn't showing and the export.xml is the xml folder lol. Not sure whether to delete the xml file or just live with the duplicate lol

Post by prodac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:46 am

pitkin2020 wrote:

make sure you have filled in language ID and store ID on the spread sheet for catergories, I left store ID blank and it needed to be zero for me. For products check language ID again, enabled status and store ID.
Is store ID and language ID the same number as in sort order in the admin section?

Post by prodac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:56 am

Ok, I have a fresh install of OpenCart 1.5.1.3 with Vqmode and the Importer / Exporter running. I have changed my store ID to 0 (same as before) and language ID to 1 (it was 2 before), and no I get this error:

Fatal Error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unknown codepage: 0' in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/CodePage.php:91 Stack trace: #0 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Reader/Excel5.php(1042): PHPExcel_Shared_CodePage::NumberToName(0) #1 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Reader/Excel5.php(517): PHPExcel_Reader_Excel5->_readSummaryInformation() #2 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/admin/model/tool/export.php(1582): PHPExcel_Reader_Excel5->load('/var/tmp/phpUNS...') #3 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/admin/controller/tool/export.php(13): ModelToolExport->upload('/var/tmp/phpUNS...') #4 [internal function]: ControllerToolExport->index() #5 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php(48): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/vqmod/vqcach in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/CodePage.php on line 91

Post by pitkin2020 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:13 am

prodac wrote:
pitkin2020 wrote:

Is store ID and language ID the same number as in sort order in the admin section?
on mine store Id is set to zero (all products/cats) language is set to 1 (all products/cats)

Upload the exported file and i'm sure someone will see what the problem.

Post by pitkin2020 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 am

prodac wrote:Ok, I have a fresh install of OpenCart 1.5.1.3 with Vqmode and the Importer / Exporter running. I have changed my store ID to 0 (same as before) and language ID to 1 (it was 2 before), and no I get this error:

Fatal Error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unknown codepage: 0' in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/CodePage.php:91 Stack trace: #0 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Reader/Excel5.php(1042): PHPExcel_Shared_CodePage::NumberToName(0) #1 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Reader/Excel5.php(517): PHPExcel_Reader_Excel5->_readSummaryInformation() #2 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/admin/model/tool/export.php(1582): PHPExcel_Reader_Excel5->load('/var/tmp/phpUNS...') #3 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/admin/controller/tool/export.php(13): ModelToolExport->upload('/var/tmp/phpUNS...') #4 [internal function]: ControllerToolExport->index() #5 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_front.php(48): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/vqmod/vqcach in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/86151/domains/applecart.no/html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/CodePage.php on line 91
I don't really know but have you checked the language is the same for the front end and the admin end/? i.e 1 for both?

Post by prodac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:23 am

Ok, here is my .xls. This is the file I got when I exported, so it's untouched :) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6612342/backup_ ... oducts.xls

Post by prodac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:34 pm

prodac wrote:Ok, here is my .xls. This is the file I got when I exported, so it's untouched :) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6612342/backup_ ... oducts.xls
I managed to import my file without any changes. It seems that it actually was an extension that caused the problem. When I did the export I had News CMS V4.1.2 installed, and for some weird reason it had to be installed for the import to work perfectly as well.

But alls good now and I'm happy :)

Post by KDB » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:05 pm

I have been using this extension and it has been working beautifully. After a server upgrade that included a change from php version 4 to php version 5, I have been unable to export anything. It looks like it exports correctly, but when I go to open it in Excel it has the error:
"The file you are trying to open is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?"
If I open the file anyway, the information is mixed in with random symbols (including music notes, triangles, etc.) and is completely unusable. I am currently on OpenCart 1.5.0. I did a test upgrade to version 1.5.1.3 to see if that would resolve the issue. Same issue with it working when running php version 4 but not for php version 5. (Unfortunately can't leave the server on php 4.)
Are there any settings that I need to change to allow the extension to work with php version 5? Or is there something else that is causing the error? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

KDB

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:17 pm

KDB wrote:I have been using this extension and it has been working beautifully. After a server upgrade that included a change from php version 4 to php version 5, I have been unable to export anything. It looks like it exports correctly, but when I go to open it in Excel it has the error:
"The file you are trying to open is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?"
If I open the file anyway, the information is mixed in with random symbols (including music notes, triangles, etc.) and is completely unusable. I am currently on OpenCart 1.5.0. I did a test upgrade to version 1.5.1.3 to see if that would resolve the issue. Same issue with it working when running php version 4 but not for php version 5. (Unfortunately can't leave the server on php 4.)
Are there any settings that I need to change to allow the extension to work with php version 5? Or is there something else that is causing the error? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I am unable to reproduce your error. Send me a PM with your Opencart login details so that I can try it out. Also, try OpenOffice instead of MS Office to see whether it makes any difference.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mkc » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 pm

I've a couple of questions...

First off, I cannot find this file in the install instructions...
In file admin/language/english/common find:
$_['text_backup'] = 'Backup / Restore';
Add the folling after the found line:
$_['text_export'] = 'Export / Import';
I did everything but that and it *appears* to work, at least the export does but haven't tried the import.

Now for my question regarding the import...

My wife will be adding products via import since we have to add so many products. So this needs to be very simple. Does anyone have an example excel file that will import products only?

mkc

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:18 am

mkc wrote:I've a couple of questions...

First off, I cannot find this file in the install instructions...
In file admin/language/english/common find:
$_['text_backup'] = 'Backup / Restore';
Add the folling after the found line:
$_['text_export'] = 'Export / Import';
I did everything but that and it *appears* to work, at least the export does but haven't tried the import.

Now for my question regarding the import...

My wife will be adding products via import since we have to add so many products. So this needs to be very simple. Does anyone have an example excel file that will import products only?
It's the file admin/language/english/common/header.php among other header files which need to be modified. As regards the format of the spreadsheet: Just do an export, and then overwrite it with your entries, then upload again.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by inki » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:50 am

I too have installed open cart, set my permissions, added the vqmod, made sure it was installed, ticked the box for user permission, still getting permission denied error when i try to import or export. I would be grateful for a fix. :choke:

Post by misscaprice » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:27 pm

This module is simply awesome and is working flawlessly.
Great contribution.
Thank you, JNeuhoff!

Post by Al1x » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Does this work for the most recent version of opencart? (v1.5.1.3)

http://www.kpautocarparts.co.uk

Location - UK