Post by thornview » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:49 am

Is there a way to categorize the downloads in OpenCart 1.4.x?

I have an online store that sells hymnals, CDs and similar physical objects. We'd like to configure the site to also sell MP3 files, PowerPoint files, and PDF files of sheet music.

The problem I'm having is that OpenCart seems to have just one giant list of downloads. If I upload all of our files, then I have to scroll through all of them to find the files associated with a product. Is there an add-on or some way in OpenCart to organize these downloads so I don't have to scroll through all of them to find the files associated with a product?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to select "MP3" files, and see only the MP3s. It would be even nicer to sort by subcategories as well, narrowing my selection to the MP3 files and then narrowing further to only the files by a particular group.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,

Thornview

Post by Wallimann » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:24 am

I'm in the same exact situation.
A solution to this would be awesome!

Guitar Backing Tracks and Video Lessons at http://www.guitarplayback.com

Location - Colorado

Post by Avvici » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:50 am

Absolutely! PHP has many functions that will sort your data for you how you want it. You just need to intercept the data either in the model or control file and parse it how you want it before it gets to the TPL.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by Wallimann » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:42 am

Would you be able to do it for me?
I'll pay you...

Guitar Backing Tracks and Video Lessons at http://www.guitarplayback.com

Location - Colorado

Post by Avvici » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:15 am

Wallimann wrote:Would you be able to do it for me?
I'll pay you...
Sent you a PM

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by brianpeat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:49 am

Any progress on this? The downloads page is a mess if you sell mp3 albums. It's nearly useless if you come back and want something. It really needs to be organized by order and clicking the order name either slides down the list of related downloads, or takes you to a download page that JUST lists the items from that order with links to redownload.

Running Mijoshop in Joomla 3.2 (basically OC 1.5.5.1)

Location - Mechanicsburg, PA