Post by webbutvecklarna » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:49 pm

Found a bug in the admin controller admin/controller/catalog/product.php, a miss when updated the function which determins if a product has a special price.

Row 367:

Code: Select all

if (($product_special['date_start'] == '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_start'] > date('Y-m-d')) && ($product_special['date_end'] == '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_end'] < date('Y-m-d'))) {
date_start > date('Y-m-d') should be date_start < date('Y-m-d') and vice versa for date end.

Code: Select all

if (($product_special['date_start'] == '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_start'] < date('Y-m-d')) && ($product_special['date_end'] == '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_end'] > date('Y-m-d'))) {
/ Simon

Post by aurevilly » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Thanks Daniel.

Location - Sherbrooke, Canada

Post by dorgan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:48 am

It seem that no matter what customer groups you select for a tax rate when you go back in to edit the rate all the customer groups are selected.

Looking at the "tax_rate_to_customer_group" table shows the correct data but clicking edit does not.

Post by ifyouseek » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Not a bug really a bug but 1 small thing i noticed.

when in admin using the login as customer feature it records the the admin's ip address as the customers ip. wouldn't it be possible just to make it ignore the ip recording feature when using login links from the admin.

We input quite a lot of orders using this feature resulting in most of our customer accounts showing our ip address, doesn't seem quite right, was this orginally intended?

Post by Daniel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:27 pm

dorgan wrote:It seem that no matter what customer groups you select for a tax rate when you go back in to edit the rate all the customer groups are selected.

Looking at the "tax_rate_to_customer_group" table shows the correct data but clicking edit does not.

fixed in svn

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:31 pm

ifyouseek wrote:Not a bug really a bug but 1 small thing i noticed.

when in admin using the login as customer feature it records the the admin's ip address as the customers ip. wouldn't it be possible just to make it ignore the ip recording feature when using login links from the admin.

We input quite a lot of orders using this feature resulting in most of our customer accounts showing our ip address, doesn't seem quite right, was this orginally intended?

good point

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by joelowe » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi, I just downloaded a fesh copy of oc less then a week ago,

Not sure if this was fix or not, didn't have time to read 11 pages of bug post, so here it is;

catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl

Syntax error line 370

Seems to be the ajaxupload script.

Any idea how to fix it? or was it already fix?

Post by andrew222 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:03 am

Thanks TechSitement.

Unfortunately the damn thing caught me out again after I posted my initial bug note. I changed the product images for about 25 products and 6 of them ended up with missing options. just because I didn't think to check them.

Can anyone please let me know if this will be addressed in the next release please.

Thanks,

Andrew

@Andrew222, 1 or more of my options also disappear from the admin when I go in to edit a product. They don't always disappear, but when it happens, it's time consuming to re-type the option info each time. Here is a snap shot:
The 3rd option is missing and clicking on the down arrow does not work to get it back; I have to remove the option and replace it.
What I have discovered is that when any options are missing, if refresh the page (or cancel & go back in), the options often reappear. Sometimes I may have to refresh 2 or 3 times before all options return, but it takes less time than adding the missing options back.
To save time, I always check my options first before making any other changes to the product info. That way, if any options are missing, I won't have wasted time editing other info if I need to cancel or refresh. It's a bandaid unless/until there is a better fix. I've not been able to find a solution via searching the threads. Hope this helps.[/quote]

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:14 am

well to be honest you are the only one I've see complaining about this issue. You must be on a slow server/bad connection or something, but I must say I'm not a fan of the separate ajax calls to retrieve all the options when you edit a product. I would be willing to bet this has something to do with the few people we have where their host keeps shutting them off, because it thinks they are trying to flood the server, because if you have 50 options on a product that's going to be 50 almost simultaneous connections to the server to retrieve them.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by rph » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:41 am

andrew222 wrote:Thanks TechSitement.

Unfortunately the damn thing caught me out again after I posted my initial bug note. I changed the product images for about 25 products and 6 of them ended up with missing options. just because I didn't think to check them.

Can anyone please let me know if this will be addressed in the next release please.
Do you have VQMod installed by chance? If so enabling useCache can help solve this issue.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by andrew222 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:09 am

xsecrets - I don't really know anything about ajax calls and just couldn't understand why this issue would appear. Does the Quantity figure to the right of the Option Value make a difference to the speed the information is loaded on the page? If so perhaps if I just set the quantity to 2 for each option and also choose 'No' for subtract stock. I will be selling prints/canvas wraps as they are ordered so don't really have any stock anyway.

There's only a maximum choice of 8 options per product. Some products only have 4.

Ryan - Thanks for the info about $useCache I found that a while back in another thread so enabled it.

final class VQMod {
public $useCache = true;

Andrew

Post by Daniel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:13 pm

its already been explained and fixed. search for it.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by BlondMM » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:11 pm

BlondMM wrote:Using a clean install of OC 1.5.1.3 on PHP 5.3:

SSL is on, while admin/config.php has been changed to https: with HTTPS_SERVER and HTTPS_IMAGE.

Image Manager does not change the picture of an item after double-clicking another one. Making a selection is still possible (renaming, moving and adding pictures also work), but a secondary click offers no result.

As soon admin/config.php is changed back to http:, Image Manager correctly selects a picture with a double-click (filenames with spaces or ampersands are no problem!).

All suggestions I have read in other topics have been reviewed. There are no issues concerning permissions on files or folders.
Issue with same settings:
With the shop again in SSL, drop-boxes with localisation options appear blank. To correctly choose a zone, config.php must be reverted back to http. Is it better to use the backoffice with no encryption al all?

Please check included images:
geozones.png

Geo Zones - geozones.png (14.51 KiB) Viewed 5515 times

localisation.png

Localisation of shop - localisation.png (28.03 KiB) Viewed 5515 times

Post by i2Paq » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:00 am

'Options' Shows Price to Unregistered Users.

To me the Options-price should also be hidden when the Product Price is set to be only shown when registered.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by BlondMM » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:24 am

BlondMM wrote:Issue with same settings:
With the shop again in SSL, drop-boxes with localisation options appear blank. To correctly choose a zone, config.php must be reverted back to http. Is it better to use the backoffice with no encryption al all?
To elaborate any further: I'm using a dedicated SSL-certificate on a subdomain. According to this recent post, OpenCart is not happy to do SSL on subdomains:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 88#p213398
Moggin wrote:OC is not configured to work with secure pages in a subdomain such as secure.mysite.com - and this would need a more expensive certificate anyway. So I'd guess you won't want to use that.
Regarding to my previous posts, could this be the reason why the admin interface does weird things using https?

Post by mstone » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:50 am

BTW there is a bug in the manufacturer section of the home page which assumes that the application is running at the root level of the domain. If the application is running in a subdirectory the links fail. Just an FYI because I don't need a patch as I have already fixed it in my installation.

m

Post by ccM » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:53 pm

Okay I have a dumb question and hope I am posting in the right place but it is about making this bug thread useful. I am running 1.5.1.3.1 fresh install.

I have been following this bug thread trying to grab fixes from the svn as indicated, with the first and obvious problem of no checkout possible on the fresh install. When I go through the svn how do you know if the fixes are for 1.5.1.3.1 or for 1.5.2? There are no comments on some of the postings at all. Some of the issues I am clearly already looking for and can identify but I seem to be missing something obvious.

I also wrongly assumed that the updates previous to the release date of this version wouldn't be required and would be included in the fresh download. However on looking at some of them it is hit and miss. Some of them have half of the files that are referenced already fixed and the other half not.

Can some kind person please try and explain if there is a pattern to this? Thanks heaps :)

ccM

Location - QLD, Australia

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:20 pm

If the SSL does not match your main domain exactly then it will not be able to read cookies set by the non-SSL domain

Test it out, add an item to cart then go to check out - cart will be empty

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:30 pm

BlondMM wrote:
BlondMM wrote:Using a clean install of OC 1.5.1.3 on PHP 5.3:

SSL is on, while admin/config.php has been changed to https: with HTTPS_SERVER and HTTPS_IMAGE.

Image Manager does not change the picture of an item after double-clicking another one. Making a selection is still possible (renaming, moving and adding pictures also work), but a secondary click offers no result.

As soon admin/config.php is changed back to http:, Image Manager correctly selects a picture with a double-click (filenames with spaces or ampersands are no problem!).

All suggestions I have read in other topics have been reviewed. There are no issues concerning permissions on files or folders.
Issue with same settings:

Please check included images:
geozones.png
localisation.png

you should not be using shared ssl at all. don't bother reporting this as a bug. of course it won't work if your ssl is on another domain. cookies can not be shared over multiple domains!

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:31 pm

i2Paq wrote:'Options' Shows Price to Unregistered Users.

To me the Options-price should also be hidden when the Product Price is set to be only shown when registered.
Daniel wrote:its a bug.
Reported in the BUG tracker

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands