Post by Adz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi, new guy here. Been lurking the forums for a week, finally gave in a made an account :p

I've just come across this bug now as I began putting in product options.
Qphoria wrote:The php.ini file tries to force them. But most hosts don't allow php.ini to override the defaults
The htaccess file also has the option but they are commented out because it can cause ISE 500 errors when the server doesn't allow.

So first try enabling

# php_value upload_max_filesize 999M
# php_value post_max_size 999M
# php_value max_execution_time 200

by removing the # in the front

If that doesn't work or causes Internal Service Error 500, then add the # back and contact your host.
Using the .htaccess gives me ISE500 errors, but I can use the domainroot/opencart/php.ini file to override it. Tested what the settings were with the phpinfo() function and I've got the following values:
upload_max_filesize 999M
post_max_filesize 999M
max_execution_time 18000;
memory_limit 128M;

I can't seem to browse to /vqmod/phpinfo.php because I keep getting an ISE500 (even after disabling the htaccess file, and making sure the permissions were set to 777), but I placed matching php.ini overrides for the /vqmod/ and /vqcache/ folders and still got the same problem.

So I'm thinking jcsmithy is right in regards to the ajax and vqmod combined issue, as the dropdowns are often unpopulated, and sometimes take a few seconds to populate rather than the usual instant (<1s) response.

Switching $useCache to TRUE fixes the problem. I used the same method for testing with and without $useCache and wasn't able to replicate the bug with it set to true.

@jcsmithy - would you be willing to share how you rewrote the ajax call?

Adz

Post by crookedview » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:29 am

@jcsmithy Please do share how you reduced the number of AJAX calls.

Post by jomeza001 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Definitely will be a great contribution if you share your fix before the next OC version is released.

Post by gummybear » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Well thank god I found this thread or else I'd be spending ages fixing this with my no-php-knowledge.

I have to say that most programmers seem to be too technically-oriented and have little clue about practical dealings. You need a guy like Steve Jobs to herd them around and tell them to do what we actually need.

Time to delete vqmod. My backup of the original files will suffice. Thanks everyone.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:35 pm

You can simply resolve this by enabling useCache in vQmod

1. EDIT: index.php and admin/index.php

2. FIND:
$vqmod = new VQMod();

3. AFTER, ADD:
$vqmod->useCache = true;

Be sure you have the latest version of vQmod (v2.1.3 or later)

We are looking into getting around this without useCache in future versions of vQmod but this should be fine for now

Administrator

Post by mblvdo » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 am

I just installed VQMOD and it crashed my whole site can anyone help me undo what I have done here?

Post by rph » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:54 am

Overwrite index.php and /admin/index.php with the default OpenCart versions.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:22 am

mblvdo wrote:I just installed VQMOD and it crashed my whole site can anyone help me undo what I have done here?
Need a bit more info.. crashed how? error? blank page?

Administrator

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:57 am

I've seen a couple of occasions when uninstalling and then reinstalling creates 2 lots of new vqmod code within the index.php

to resolve, restore the original index.php and admin/index.php files

Then run the vqmod/install again

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by barysh » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:41 am

Hello, just ran into the same issue, i am suspecting vqmod, only because i never ran into this issue prior to installing it,

now whenI go to edit a product that has plenty of options, "sometimes" once i save the product, when i go load the product page on site, random option values are missing, the option itself still exists, but its the values that are missing. Wheni go back to the product editor, they are indeed missing,

After following this thread, i am assuming its the ajax issue, because i cannot replicate the problem consistently, its very random, and now I am scared to do any product edits, (my product has an options with many options, like 15+ sizes,

I am sure its not vqmod directly, but the sum of ajax calls, which leads me to want to disable vqmod, however, vqmod rocks, and would hate to have to manually edit my source instead of having vqmod do it!!!

Curious if anyone has a fix, or temp workaround, I've looked into some mods that allow you to export, edit then import your products, thus circumventing the site admin, is that the only way if we have so many options?

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:43 pm

If you are still getting this issue with vQmod 2.1.5 then you can enable useCache:
http://code.google.com/p/vqmod/wiki/useCache

That will resolve any vQmod writes, but really 2.1.5 should already resolve most of that with its pseudo cache.
The main issue is all the ajax callbacks on that page and a lot of options can cause this problem even without vQmod. The issue has been improved in 1.5.2 by loading all the existing options at the page load instead of using Ajax callbacks to look them up.

Administrator

Post by barysh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:55 am

I'll enable usecache and do some product edits, let you know what happens, thanks!

Post by barysh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:36 am

so far so good,

not sure if its related, but before this tweak, the options tab within a product seemed to take a few seconds to load all the option values, even with only two option values, the drop downs would appear, empty, then after about 6 seconds the values would pop in... perhaps thats why option values were lost, maybe saving a product before all the values were populated...

I'm also checking the option tab before save, if something looks missing, i'll cancel the edit, then reload the product and start the edit fresh, which then loads all the option values, Once I optimize my products, i'lllikely rarely edit them again, so hopefully it will not be ongoing issue if products don;t get edited often,

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:48 am

barysh wrote: not sure if its related, but before this tweak, the options tab within a product seemed to take a few seconds to load all the option values, even with only two option values, the drop downs would appear, empty, then after about 6 seconds the values would pop in... perhaps thats why option values were lost, maybe saving a product before all the values were populated...
yes that is the reason. The ajax callbacks were rewriting the vqcache files everytime in rapid succession and when the file was found locked, it couldn't write it and returned a hidden ajax error in the background, leaving the select box empty.

I am curious to see if increasing the pseudo cache time would yield the same results. Currently in 2.1.5 it is set to not rewrite files that are reloaded within the same 3 secs. That seems to have resolved this issue for most people. But maybe larger sites with more data need more than 3 secs.

If you are feeling squirrely, please set useCache to false in your index.php file and edit the vqmod/vqmod.php file
Change

Code: Select all

filemtime($writePath) + 3
to

Code: Select all

filemtime($writePath) + 10
and see if that fixes the issue without using useCache.

Administrator

Post by saif11 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:36 pm

I am not fully agree with you all . Whether is in my mind to preload the option rather calling by ajax. i have made a mod for that and it is on testing process on two large websites . it it works fine for some days then i will release it for public.

I got this problems most of my client's website. I think if you do not use any vqmod it also may cause the problem for slow connection or other problems for internet.

Opencart Extension ,Theme
Web development

Preview Product Page in Admin Panel
Admin product filter by Multiple category

Global Technology Advancement

Post by Qphoria » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:42 pm

saif11 wrote:I am not fully agree with you all . Whether is in my mind to preload the option rather calling by ajax. i have made a mod for that and it is on testing process on two large websites . it it works fine for some days then i will release it for public.

I got this problems most of my client's website. I think if you do not use any vqmod it also may cause the problem for slow connection or other problems for internet.
So it sounds like you fully agree with us because that is what we said.

Administrator

Post by ktriggs » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:06 am

I am currently doing some testing with Saif11's vQmod to address this issue and it appears to be working. I have not had an option disappear since adding the mod. Will continue to try to "break" my options and report back.

Post by custompilotshirts » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 am

Qphoria wrote:You can simply resolve this by enabling useCache in vQmod

1. EDIT: index.php and admin/index.php

2. FIND:
$vqmod = new VQMod();

3. AFTER, ADD:
$vqmod->useCache = true;

Be sure you have the latest version of vQmod (v2.1.3 or later)

We are looking into getting around this without useCache in future versions of vQmod but this should be fine for now
I have just done this with 1.5.1 and it worked. Simple fix. That's all you need to do. Forget all else and try this first. I didn't even have vQmod 2.1.3. My vQmod is 1.2.3

Post by speedingorange » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:30 am

My Site is suffering from this quite badly,

Only on products that have more than one set of options mind.

When a product is loaded one or two of the options will be blank fields.

and if you try to save it like this it produces a headers already sent error.

I have tried the fix with adding usecache = true to the index.php but this did not seem to work. Is there something else I need to do?

Refreshing the page a few times will normally see the option load fine, but this is a bit of a bodge as you only need to forget to check and you loose all the options for the product that did not load.

Cheers
James

rph
Expert Member