Post by MACscr » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:38 pm

OK, so I have seo urls turned on, the .htaccess file in place and 100% sure mod_rewrite works on the server. So why is opencart not generating any seo friendly urls? Im running 1.5.1

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:41 pm

by Default OC does not generate SEO URLs, you have to specify the SEO Keyword (poorly named field) for each product, category, manufacturer and info page

There are discussions and extensions available to make this automatic though.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by clark5188 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:39 pm

You should fill in the seo keywords SUCH AS fashion-lady-watches. Turn on the seo urls at the setting page, then you will sen seo url.

http://www.joyawatch.com China fashion watches online wholesale & oem.

Location - China

Post by MACscr » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:30 pm

I am confused, why not make this automatic by default and just allow it to be customized? Seems like a pretty basic thing.

Post by SXGuy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:10 pm

and what automation would you like to have? would you like it to generate a keyword based on product name? model number? etc etc. Its fine to say make it automatic, but i can bet someone else will say, " i wanna change it to generate a keyword based on...."

Post by MACscr » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:28 am

SXGuy, have it based on title automatically,but obviously still have a field where someone can customize it if they choose to.

something like domain.com/categoryname/productname/

Seems pretty logical to me. Think of how Wordpress does it. Being used by over 10% of the sites internet, they have a pretty good grasp of how to do it. Obviously its not apples to apples, but since were just talking about urls, its pretty close.