Post by goll » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:28 am

Hi,

I have a very simple shop with only one currency (CHF - Swiss Francs) which is of course also the default currency.

I have configured the PayPal extension and this all works fine, except that the total amount to be payed via PayPal has the wrong currency (US $). It looks as if opencart took the amount in swiss francs, changed the currency without changing the amount and sent that information to PayPal.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using opencart v1.5.1.3 and the german language pack v1.5.1.1.74
I have deleted all currencies except CHF/swiss-francs, and the default currency in the settings is swiss francs.
The problem appears on the shop http://tazzine.ch (PayPal is deactivated now to prevent from wrong payments)

Thanks for any help

Cheers

Rolf
Last edited by goll on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Zurich, Switzerland

Post by goll » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:36 am

Well, obviously I'm the only one with that problem. If nowbody else has this problem it doesn't seem to be a bug.

The only way for me to fix this was a dirty hack in the payment extension pp_standard.php. I just set the default currency to 'CHF' if the $currency is not set or not found in the list of currencies.

Cheers

Rolf

Location - Zurich, Switzerland

Post by k3m » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:14 pm

I have exactly the same problem. Did you manage to resolve it?

k3m

Post by tooheys » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Me to.
What is the problem? How can this be fixed !

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:58 am

Have you added CHF as a currency in your PayPal settings?

Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by interart » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 am

I've got same problem. My default currency is AUD (Australian Dollar), and i use Paypal Standard. On last step, on Paypal is amount in USD. I've removed USD from currencies and my default (and only) currency is AUD. What to do?

Post by interart » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 am

goll wrote:Well, obviously I'm the only one with that problem. If nowbody else has this problem it doesn't seem to be a bug.

The only way for me to fix this was a dirty hack in the payment extension pp_standard.php. I just set the default currency to 'CHF' if the $currency is not set or not found in the list of currencies.

Cheers

Rolf
Thank you. I've solved problem with AUD using same "dirty hack". :)

Post by byrongreen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:31 pm

Hey Interart -- can you show me your mod ?

but I fixed it another way .. by creating a new geozone to include just Australia

and selecting the geozone in the paypal module