Post by al3xandr1a » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi,

I am trying to migrate a shop OC version 1.4.9x to another site.
I followed the instruction from the documentation page here
But came across a problem with database recovery... This shop has module extensions that at the time of installation CREATED NEW DB TABLES. So when I try to recover the DB to the new location, PhpMyAdmin gives me an error that some tables don't exist.

How can I import database which will automatically create non-existing tables for me?

~al3xandr1a
Newbie / Student

Post by al3xandr1a » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:08 pm

No worries. Have fixed it now.

What I noticed:
The SQL file created from the back-up page in the OC admin panel was the problem. I created an SQL file using the PhpMYAdmin and use it to import to the new location, it worked.

So database backing up in the OC admin panel is not reliable?

Sorry, I still have plenty to learn...

~al3xandr1a
Newbie / Student

Post by Yuki » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:06 pm

I know you solved the problem already, but I just thought I could add some discussion to your post :) I had the same (or similar?) problem and one of the OC members picked out that the reason for it was because of the create database in MySQL. Link: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 95#p206095

Mine was backup'ed using the phpMyAdmin as instructed. Though before finding out that the documentation link, I tried to use OC admin backup. And like you said, it seems like you can really only use that if you can just backing up locally (not transferring/moving the site).

Did you have problem with tax_rate after this? I think I might have used wrong version of OC and thus got a tax_rate problem. Link: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=42934

Post by al3xandr1a » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks yuki, you're extra info and reference about the matter are really helpful. Cheers!

~al3xandr1a
Newbie / Student