Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:00 pm

solojuve1897 wrote:Fresh install 1.5.1.3.1 (haven't done anything)

You can try it out here: http://friaordet.nu/opencart/

In the carousel the links doesnt work. It seams to have to do with the fact that I havent installed the system in the root-catalog.
I reported the same error on the original Opencart 1.5.1 bug thread. It can be easily fixed by removing the leading '/' from the links. It would be nice if this was also done on the standard sample database coming with the download.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Simplicity » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Alright, here's another findings what may be treated as not a bug by some people ;)

1. Situation - English as only admin language with multiple front end languages (EN, DE).

Change front end to DE and create an order.
Go to admin section and print that order. You will see that Sub Total, Shipping type and Total are in German (DE) while rest of an invoice is in English.

2. Create an order, tick My delivery and billing addresses are the same and go to admin. Print this order and you will see that on the invoice field "Ship To (if different address)" is also filled with same information as a To field.
Shouldn't it be left empty?

Post by werepair » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:26 pm

not sure about number 1 as i only deal in the uk
number 2 is working as it should be

regards

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Daniel » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Simplicity wrote:Alright, here's another findings what may be treated as not a bug by some people ;)

1. Situation - English as only admin language with multiple front end languages (EN, DE).

Change front end to DE and create an order.
Go to admin section and print that order. You will see that Sub Total, Shipping type and Total are in German (DE) while rest of an invoice is in English.

2. Create an order, tick My delivery and billing addresses are the same and go to admin. Print this order and you will see that on the invoice field "Ship To (if different address)" is also filled with same information as a To field.
Shouldn't it be left empty?
both of these are not bugs!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Simplicity » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 pm

OK, leave no.2 alone as it may be just my poor understanding of English, but the way invoice works is not correct. ("It's the way how Opencart works"- Daniel)
Opencart is doing good job while working in single currency and single language environment, but if you have more than one language or currency- it's close to disaster. I will explain it in plain language:

You have a default language in Opencart and it should be used for all documents you send to customers.
There's no excuse for sending an invoice which is half English, half German (and a bit of Dutch if you change language after adding shipping type :D ) As an admin you should be able to use a single admin language.

OTHER STUFF:
Implementation of Nivo Slider and Banners is nice, but once again it needs polishing.
Nivo Slider (aka "Slideshow") - let's say your slides comes with prices in Euros, but your customers prefers to see prices and pay with British Pounds. You can't drop Euro sign in slides and can't attach slides to currency. In fact, you can't attach slides to language either. Whatever language or currency you would choose, content stays the same. Same goes for the Banners. I see no point putting title in different language if contents language doesn't change.

You need to rethink your concept when approaching multiple languages and currencies.
It should be ONE BANNER/SLIDESHOW - ONE LANGUAGE and not ONE BANNER - MULTIPLE LANGUAGES. That way you could have different sets of banners/slideshows for each language. It wouldn't solve multi currency "thing".

Post by incan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:43 pm

In admin/view/template/total/handling.tpl at line 28 there is

Code: Select all

<td><?php echo $entry_tax; ?></td>
and have to be changed to

<td><?php echo $entry_tax_class; ?></td>
same error in admin\view\template\total\low_order_fee.tpl

Post by villagedefrance » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi all,
Ok, answering Maansy's question about "cache" errors:
I founds these in error logs. First time I see these errors:

2011-10-01 9:29:43 - PHP Warning: unlink(/home/xxxx/public_html/opencartstuff.com/system/cache/cache.product.1.0.8.45082d120661d88608d763fc13da27d5.1317461360) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/opencartstuff.com/system/library/cache.php on line 14

Is this regarding the like/ unlike button in footer?

2011-10-01 9:29:43 - PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/opencartstuff.com/index.php:104) in /home/xxxx/public_html/opencartstuff.com/system/library/session.php on line 11

2011-10-02 16:19:13 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/xxxx/public_html/opencartstuff.com/catalog/controller/checkout/payment.php on line 88

Any idea?
Well, I had the same issue and I had to edit the "system/library/cache.php" file.
On line 15 you will see this : "clearstatcache();", simply remove it.

That should stop the errors coming up. It is working fine for me.

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by villagedefrance » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:03 pm

I also found this error in "admin/controller/catalog/product.php" on line 367:

if (($product_special['date_start'] == '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_start'] > date('Y-m-d')) && ($product_special['date_end'] == '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_end'] < date('Y-m-d'))) {
I have corrected it by changing the "==" to "!=" so the special prices are showing correctly in my admin product list. So this is how it should look like:

if (($product_special['date_start'] != '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_start'] > date('Y-m-d')) && ($product_special['date_end'] != '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_end'] < date('Y-m-d'))) {
I also had some issues with the new "sorting" of additional product images (great new feature btw!) so I made some changes on that too, but it is not perfect.

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:45 pm

villagedefrance wrote:I also found this error in "admin/controller/catalog/product.php" on line 367:

if (($product_special['date_start'] == '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_start'] > date('Y-m-d')) && ($product_special['date_end'] == '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_end'] < date('Y-m-d'))) {
I have corrected it by changing the "==" to "!=" so the special prices are showing correctly in my admin product list. So this is how it should look like:

if (($product_special['date_start'] != '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_start'] > date('Y-m-d')) && ($product_special['date_end'] != '0000-00-00' || $product_special['date_end'] < date('Y-m-d'))) {
I also had some issues with the new "sorting" of additional product images (great new feature btw!) so I made some changes on that too, but it is not perfect.
This isn't a bug, it's a feature. It is assumed that if you leave the date start at all zeroes, it should be on special indefinitely. This lets people put things on sale without setting a finite date

Administrator

Post by az-vm » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:06 am

Hello everybody!

I did a clean install of this new version, and one thing I noticed while testing is that when buying an "gift voucher", and when I go to "checkout", I am not getting .... is always in the same place.

I've tried as a registered customer and without being registered.

Does anyone know what might be happening?

Greetings and thank you
az-vm

Location - Men at Work @ It´s a Mistake

Post by bizhomework » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm getting the following error:

Could not load language module/feat! in /home/glink24/public_html/bizstore/system/library/language.php on line 26

I can set any modules. Through the site map I can get to my products. The header and footer are their.But big white space on home.

Thanks.

Oh I upgraded from 1.4.9 to 1.5.1.3 use the 1.4 to 1.5 fix.

Post by bwingwing » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:48 pm

I got those errors when place an order!! Thanks!!

2011-10-05 15:42:22 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: zone_id in /admin/controller/sale/customer.php on line 989
2011-10-05 15:42:22 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: zone_id in /admin/view/template/sale/customer_form.tpl on line 167
2011-10-05 15:42:22 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: zone_id in /admin/view/template/sale/customer_form.tpl on line 201

Post by m1jd1 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Hello everyone,
I think, there is a little bug in OC 1.5.1.3, fresh install
If you have empty cart and click on Checkout, you will see Checkout page (checkout/checkout] with options Register account, Guest checkout etc. FOR 1-2 seconds and then opencart switch to checkout/cart. Older version hasn't this 'effect'.

thanks

Post by mayfld » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:27 am

New USPS shipping module changes do not work properly when UPS shipping is also enabled. If both the USPS and UPS shipping options are enabled, no shipping amounts are being displayed and customer cannot checkout. Either one will work separately, but no shipping amounts are being displayed if both are enabled.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:05 am

I can't see how 2 separate modules would not work when both activated.. but I'll take a look

Administrator

Post by allenshea » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:07 pm

In Admin. with Moneybookers, I got,
Notice: Undefined variable: error_secret in D:\My Documents\My Web Sites\PHP\htdocs\temp\admin\view\template\payment\moneybookers.tpl on line 29
With Low Order Fee, I got,
Notice: Undefined variable: entry_tax in D:\My Documents\My Web Sites\PHP\htdocs\temp\admin\view\template\total\low_order_fee.tpl on line 28
I'm not sure if others don't have this.

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by i2Paq » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm

allenshea wrote:In Admin. with Moneybookers, I got,
Notice: Undefined variable: error_secret in D:\My Documents\My Web Sites\PHP\htdocs\temp\admin\view\template\payment\moneybookers.tpl on line 29
Notice: Undefined variable: entry_tax in D:\My Documents\My Web Sites\PHP\htdocs\temp\admin\view\template\total\low_order_fee.tpl on line 28
Confirmed!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:23 pm

i2Paq wrote:
allenshea wrote:In Admin. with Moneybookers, I got,
Confirmed!
1. a. EDIT: admin\view\template\payment\moneybookers.tpl

b. FIND:

<?php if ($error_secret) { ?>
<span class="error"><?php echo $error_secret; ?></span>
<?php } ?></td>
c. REPLACE WITH:

</td>
2. a. EDIT: admin\view\template\total\low_order_fee.tpl

b. FIND:

$entry_tax;
c. REPLACE WITH:

$entry_tax_class;
3. a. EDIT: admin\view\template\total\handling.tpl

b. FIND:

$entry_tax;
c. REPLACE WITH:

$entry_tax_class;

Administrator

Post by az-vm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 pm

az-vm wrote:Hello everybody!

I did a clean install of this new version, and one thing I noticed while testing is that when buying an "gift voucher", and when I go to "checkout", I am not getting .... is always in the same place.

I've tried as a registered customer and without being registered.

Does anyone know what might be happening?

Greetings and thank you
az-vm
For those who need to resolve this situation:

here's the link:

http://code.google.com/p/opencart/sourc ... eckout.php

Post by az-vm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Once you have corrected the error in checkout gift voucher in the OC version 1.5.1.3.

By doing a test, I notice that the email that you receive, there is no picture of the theme (Aniversáio / Christmas / etc ..) and also does not show the logo of the store.

Also notice that the registration of a new customer and order also does not appear in the logo of the store.

Anyone know the solution?

I use as email service Gmail.

Thanks,
az-vm