Post by bluemoon » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Post by bluemoon » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks for all your help. That didn't do it either. Not sure where to go from here.

Guess I'll try to reverse all the security things I did early, though I played with a few of them, and they don't look likely.

Post by marvmen21 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:44 am

Yep, pretty weird. If you haven't added much to your website, I would just back up what I've added from the opencart back/ restore menu (your products table, information, categories, etc), and then just do a fresh install. Can't think what's causing that issue.

Hope you work it out.

Marvin

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by bluemoon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:40 am

Yeah, I've given up and am attempting to rebuild it.

Not a great first experience with this, but appreciate all the help here.

Post by bluemoon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:17 am

Well this is really frustrating. I did a fresh install with a clean database, and have not touched any of the files/tables, and I'm still getting the issue.

That seems to tell me there is a bug with OpenCart and/or a compatibility issue with my server somewhere.

Post by jcsmithy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:33 am

Anychance you can take off maintenance mode?

Everytime I look it seems to be in it, so rather hard to diagnose

Post by bluemoon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:46 am

I can take it off, but right now it's the stock OpenCart store. I just did a fresh upload. I haven't even changed the country yet.

I think I'm going to try an older version, as there is nothing added to this and it still has the issue.

Post by jcsmithy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:47 am

I'm guessing it must be server related, but we'll soon see.

Post by bluemoon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:57 am

If it were server related, what would I need to be looking at? Any known issues?

Post by jcsmithy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:03 am

Well as of yet, nope!

Think it's a first this has cropped up, and I can tell you there IS an error coming up.

Code: Select all

XML Parsing Error: no element found Location: moz-nullprincipal:{f56e7930-72ea-409d-9d25-f00a3edb4a07} Line Number 1, Column 1:

^
Might not mean much to you, or anyone else really, but that seems to suggest that it thinks the data being returned is XML, but that data is't valid, hence this error.

Anychance I could have access to your FTP so I can check a few things?

PM me the details.

Post by bluemoon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:23 am

I've been in touch with my server administer and he indicated he is running Nginx and not Apache. Could that be the cause of this? If so, is there a work around?

Post by jcsmithy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Try this attached file.

Drop it into catalog/view/theme/default/template/account/

It will replace the original.

The ajax calls were re-written (from .load() to .ajax() ) so that it specifies the data type, so it *should* work.

Still unsure as to whats happening, it looks more like a jquery problem guessing the wrong type now, but it's exactly the same as whats on the checkout which is working... so it's really puzzling...

Try the file anyway and see if it works.

Post by bluemoon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a go, but at the moment I have to reinstall the files as I emptied them to try an older version.

The older version v1.4.9.6 output was scrambled, so I deleted that right away.

Post by Moggin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:49 pm

bluemoon wrote:The older version v1.4.9.6 output was scrambled, so I deleted that right away.
hm, it shouldn't be.
Is there an .htaccess file in your main site, which could be affecting the opencart install?

Post by bluemoon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:04 pm

No, I don't see a .htaccess in the parent directory.

I didn't play with it much. Maybe it was the browser I'm using, Safari? I'm going to put another version on as soon as I have time, and/or put the latest version again and try the register.tpl that jcsmithy put on here.

Won't be able to get to this until later now.

Post by Moggin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:39 am

No problem :) It's only that you're using Wordpress with permalinks in the main domain, and permalinks need an .htaccess to work.

It's a long shot, but I wondered if any of the WP .htaccess code might be causing problems.

If the .htaccess isn't visible though, and you're using Safari, I wonder if you're also using a Mac. The Mac OS 'hides' files that start with a . as far as I know. So you would need to 'un-hide' the .htaccess file if that's the case, and then check the contents.

I would also check the root of Opencart and see if there's a functioning .htaccess there. That may sound daft, but it's worth a look.

The fact that 1.4.9.6 came through scrambled makes me wonder what's scrambling it.

Post by bluemoon » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:59 am

I'm accessing the server through an FTP client, so I can see the hidden files. I checked again and don't see any .htaccess files. Thought I had it in the past?

Yes, I'm using a Mac and Safari.

I've had both, an .htaccess file and not, in OpenCart. That didn't seem to make a difference. The last couple of installs did not have them, as I hadn't gotten that far.

FWIW the 1.4.9.6 seemed to have the Region/State in the reigister but the layout there looked me like the checkout layout from 1.5x. It was difficult to even get to that page, as the text was all overlaying. I'm not going to concern about 1.4.9.6 other than it may be showing there is a bigger problem.

Should know more when I put another version on.

Post by Moggin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:57 am

bluemoon wrote:I'm accessing the server through an FTP client, so I can see the hidden files. I checked again and don't see any .htaccess files. Thought I had it in the past?
....I'm not going to concern about 1.4.9.6 other than it may be showing there is a bigger problem.

Should know more when I put another version on.
oh yes - 1.4x is only of interest because of the scrambled output. Suggests a problem outside the script itself, perhaps at server level (and hence, .htaccess).

With any luck though, jcsmithy's script will solve the problem for you. Fingers crossed. :)

Post by bluemoon » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:56 am

Well, I installed 1.5.1.1 with the same result, other than I don't seem to be able to access the admin page.

The register.tpl that jcsmithy uploaded didn't help either.

I believe my admin is going to move the directory to the root level and I'll try again after that.

If the belief is the the server .htaccess could be causing the problem, what specifically should I have him look for there?

Post by jcsmithy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Htaccess wouldn't be the cause I think, and if your running stock OC install the htaccess supplied is disabled anyway.

I'm more surprised the changes didn't work.
I'm going to need to access that page again to figure out why and what is being returned, so need you to remove maintenance again.