Post by rmi » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:11 am

I have crawled through that thread earlier.. My Direct Admin control panel doesn't have Domain Pointers -button. I will try to contact my host.

Is there any way to have multi store like 'domain/mainshop' and 'domain/subshop'?

rmi

Post by rmi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Ok, now I know how to point subdomain with direct admin. The answer is: call to your host and ask for them to do it! They can do all the same things as those who have cPanel, both are linux servers and it's just different ui.
Last edited by rmi on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmi

Post by i2Paq » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:56 pm

I cannot point domain2 towards the domain1, so I have;

domain1 + sql
domain2 connects to domain1-sql

On domain2 I have the same files as on domain1. This is a bit hard to manage but I manage.

In store on domain1 I created a second store pointing to domain2.

Multishops works.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by rmi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:16 pm

i2Paq wrote:I cannot point domain2 towards the domain1, so I have;

domain1 + sql

On domain2 I have the same files as on domain1. This is a bit hard to manage but I manage.

Multishops works.
I have tested your system, it works but it's a bit confusing with images and so..

rmi

Post by i2Paq » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:26 pm

rmi wrote:
i2Paq wrote:I cannot point domain2 towards the domain1, so I have;

domain1 + sql

Multishops works.
I have tested your system, it works but it's a bit confusing with images and so..
I agree, but the benefit is that I have a different image on domain 1 and another on domain2.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by AIS » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:19 pm

I saw this comment at the beginning of the tutorial:
Update: I discovered SEO does not work for all the stores unless you install Opencart in the root directory of the domain, so I moved my installation to "www.labeshops.com -
I had the same problem with an installation on a subfolder, for example:

http://www.myshop.com/store

I had resolved the SEO-URL going to ".httaccess" file and changing the following:

RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

to:

RewriteRule ^([^?]*) store/index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

I'm not a pro, but this could help.

At least, it is working for me.

AIS

Post by rmi » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Seems to work for main site but multi store at subdomain gave internal server error..

rmi

Post by labeshops » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:39 pm

AIS wrote:I saw this comment at the beginning of the tutorial:
Update: I discovered SEO does not work for all the stores unless you install Opencart in the root directory of the domain, so I moved my installation to "www.labeshops.com -
I had the same problem with an installation on a subfolder, for example:

http://www.myshop.com/store

I had resolved the SEO-URL going to ".httaccess" file and changing the following:

RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

to:

RewriteRule ^([^?]*) store/index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

I'm not a pro, but this could help.

At least, it is working for me.
Are you running multistores? I would think this would work if you are running 1 store (or perhaps if you set every store to use a /store/ subdomain?) but otherwise would not work with multistores.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by AIS » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:57 pm

No, I'm not running multistores yet. I do not know if this solution will work for multistores, but I will soon, thats why I found this post about multistores. I let you know.

But, sometimes, we need to install the store on subfolders, let say, you have a customer that wants a Sex Toys Store, and you need an Index with a warning regarding ages, etc, then, it is not a good idea to install OpenCart on the root.

I just put the solution because I saw a few post or comments about SEO-URL not working.

AIS

Post by RunningRob » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:52 am

Labeshops,

Great looking sites and thanks for the guide. I am trying to get multi store setup, but I am running into a problem with the addon domains. I think I followed your guide and other posts correctly. I have the main store, defaultstore.com with opencart installed in root. Then addon domains store1.com and store2.com via hostgator and cpanel. Both have /publichtml as document root. I added store1.com to opencart as http://www.store1.com/ and the same for store2.com

The problem is with store1.com and store2.com Everything I click on at store1.com or 2 goes to defaultstore.com. I tried searching the forums but could not find anything with a solution. I tried parked domains instead of addon, but that did not work. If I changed the template for store1 or 2, nothing happens. If I change the template on defaultstore.com everything changes. I tried to add a few redirects, but that does not change it.

I looked at your stores and see that you have it working correctly and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction? I am sure I am missing something simple, but I have seen others with similar issues.

Many Thanks

Rob

Post by labeshops » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 am

Well, I did what I documented in the post. You definitely want addon domains and not parked ones. I don't know anything about hostgators set up, but as long as you are pointing the addon domains to your oc installation folder, it should work (note - to the folder, not to the domain - your document root should be /public_html/foldername where oc is installed).

Make sure hostgator uses the standard "public_html"...they might not. I know I've heard of problems with them with other software I've used from time to time and seem to recall they don't always use the same conventions most hosts do.

Other than that, it should work. What is your url?

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by RunningRob » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:06 am

Labeshops,

Thanks for the response yesterday and for the confirmation about addon vs parked domains. I had seen both parked and addon listed in other articles depending on host and setups.

Upon reflecting from your post last night, I thought about my setup. I had been setting up store1.com and store 2.com as dedicated stores with opencart last week. I deleted the accounts but there must be some crumbs left. Because I just created store3.com which I had not hosted on my server before and it worked flawlessly. So off to hostgator support to find out what I did. Always fun discovering I created my own problems ;)

So thank you again for your response, it helped me think of my setup more critically.

Hostgator support helped me fix the issue, I had mistakenly capitalized the s in http://www.Store1.com/ when adding the shop in opencart. I had included the trailing / but forgot to leave the caps off for the domain because I like to have the caps in the title and did the same in the domain, not thinking. :(

Post by labeshops » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:47 am

Lol. It's always the little things that trip us up ....and are the hardest to figure out :)

Congrats on getting it resolved.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by grahamdek » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:15 pm

I posted this in the General Forum, I have found this thread and reposted, sorry about the double post.

I'm not sure how this happened, but my modules on the home page just disappeared and when I went to the Layout section in ADMIN I saw my "Home" layout was gone!
I tried creating a new one with the route being"common/home" but this is not working.

I am using mutiple stores so the layouts for each store is different.

Eg.

"Home" is for the default store
"Store1:Home" is for Store 1
"Store2:Home" is for Store 2
"Store3:Home" is for Store 3

After having no luck fixing this I've reinstalled OC and everything was going well, but again, after I added the 3rd store the modules on the default page which were set to "Home" have gone, none of the modules will display with the "Home" layout but all the sub store work perfectly it's just the main site.

This time however the "Home" is still visible in the Layout section.

Anyone know what I can do to solve this?

I'm using v 1.5.1.3

Location - South Africa

Post by cdamianou » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi

I was wondering. I have an opencart already setup and running. Would multi store work if I set-up another opencart on another server or does the other opencarts need to be installed in the main directory of the main store.

I was thinking of setting up various stores and have the main store with everything and separate stores for each category.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.magictao.co.uk

Post by misterstefi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:56 am

Hello,
i am willing to run a multi-site install. i will have the installation made on a main domain. The question is: do the other domains wich i want to run on the same install have to be subdomains or parked domains of the maine domain on which the installation is made?
I would like each domain to have their own cpanels and be standalone domains. Is this possible?

Best Regards

Post by Ljubo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Thank you labeshop!
:)

Location - Serbia

Post by luizeduardo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Where m i not doing it right?

I have set up the second store with a subdomain - defined the other language for it and a new layout from the same THEME, that a i pretend to change banners.

But when i get into the subdomain it just go to my first store, nothing changes... even the language or even if a change the THEME of second store to default.

The store is installed in root directory /public_html

I added the subdomain via CPANEL, should i need to set up any redirecion? I understood that the store will hold this part.

Could some one give me a light about what i probably doing wrong? Thanks!!

Post by luizeduardo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi guys,

Trying to find the my error, i found this explanation at http://shopencart.com/multi-store-layouts-opencart
that was a little helpfull.

So i double checked my LAYOUTS, and saw that the news layouts where wrong and set to the first store too. So i changed it now my "HOME-ES" is related to the second store.

To make a test used the Banner module and related one of the banners just to the SECOND STORE..

So when i get in my first store it doesnt appear, but when i get in the second store it doesnt appear too..

And the links at MENU all goes to the first store
The language set to the second store doesnt work it always bring the first store language

Could it be my theme? (Sport Store?)
Could it be any missing configuration at the subdomain? But it goes to the store, but shows the wrong one..

Thanks for any help! =)

Post by luizeduardo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Well.. i found this explanations about cookies, subdomains and PHP SESSION... all modifications

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1206 ... subdomains

Does anyone have test it? Is it really necessary?

I will try do this.. (get a backup first, ofcourse...:) )