Post by dean0088 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:53 am

When I go to upload a product image it does not upload I get the upload spinning icon off to the right but nothing happens. I read a post where someone suggested installing something on the server, but that is not the case because I have another opencart site on the server and am able to upload images without a problem.

Any ideas?

Post by readyman » Sat May 23, 2009 1:55 am

Could be a number of things...
1. Configuration - check upload folder settings
2. Permissions - do you have permission to upload to that folder via PHP?

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade

Global Moderator

Location - Sydney

Post by nmik » Sun May 24, 2009 3:29 am

I have exactly the same problem. Changed the permissions of folder "image" to 0777 but nothing happens.

Post by readyman » Sun May 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Are there any error messages? Turn on php errors to display to see if you can get a message to allow you to pinpoint where the problem is.

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade

Global Moderator

Location - Sydney

Post by pauld » Sun May 24, 2009 8:56 pm

Try reinstalling perhaps.

I have just installed OpenCart for the first time and image uploads are working perfectly.

You may have had an ftp error perhaps or a transfer failiure on a particular file. Might be worth doing a quick comparison with your local version to see if anything is missing, or any filesizes are 0k.

Hope this helps,

Paul.

Post by Daniel » Sun May 24, 2009 9:05 pm

do you have display parse time set to yes?

if so turn it off!

Administrator

Post by santtos » Sun May 24, 2009 9:23 pm

hi all,
I have the same problem, but the ideea is that the foto is uploaded on the server but is not assigned on the product.
all the permision is fine, settings ar fine, but not work.
I use the latest version of opencart (1.2.8 ). with an older version work fine, but with this, no. can someone help us ?

Post by Gundream » Sun May 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Hello!

I solved this problem editing the database. Open the database with your server's tool.
In my case it's PhpMyAdmin. The problem is that the image file isn`t assigned to the product. So, you can upload the image to the folder, and then edit the product table.
Browse the table, and choose your product. Then, write in the field image the name of your file. Just write the file name and extension, not path or anything.

After that, erase the cache file in the cache path: cache.product.latest.xxx
because it's not updated, and then all is solved.

Post by santtos » Sun May 24, 2009 10:41 pm

10x for the tip, is usefull for 10-20 products... but when you have 2-3.000 :) is a curse

Post by nmik » Sun May 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Hey at all,
I use firefox with firebug extension. The firebug showed an bug for the file "ajaxupload.3.1.js" on line 474. Perhaps there is something wrong.

Then I saw the tip from Daniel that ist really easy to do. As Daniel said I turned off the "display of parse time". After that Ican upload the pics perfectly.

Thanks to Daniel and the others.

Post by Gundream » Sun May 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Hi!

I set "display of parse time" off, but it didn´t work for me. I will try downgrading to 1.2.6 :(

Post by pauld » Mon May 25, 2009 1:03 am

I too have had someone report they could not upload images. Am waiting to get more info but the parse timing to off doesn't seem to be the cause as was set to off anyway. It could be the user being daft but I dont think it is. Everything is working fine for me. Very strange. I have tested in firefox and ie7. will post if I get any more details or clues to the prob, just thought I would mention it.

Paul

Post by BDKR » Wed May 27, 2009 9:52 pm

pauld wrote:I too have had someone report they could not upload images. Am waiting to get more info but the parse timing to off doesn't seem to be the cause as was set to off anyway. It could be the user being daft but I dont think it is. Everything is working fine for me. Very strange. I have tested in firefox and ie7. will post if I get any more details or clues to the prob, just thought I would mention it.

Paul
It's not the user being daft. That's for certain.

You friendly neighborhood code writing soul brother. O0

Post by Daniel » Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 pm

Gundream wrote:Hi!

I set "display of parse time" off, but it didn´t work for me. I will try downgrading to 1.2.6 :(

please pm me with your admin details so I can do some testing. Also FTP details if thats ok.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu May 28, 2009 6:56 am

anyone here that has problem uploading. please pm me yourr admin login details. I can not find solutions to problems i can not test.

Administrator

Post by pauld » Thu May 28, 2009 7:08 am

BDKR wrote: It's not the user being daft. That's for certain.
You friendly neighborhood code writing soul brother. O0
Lol :-)

I still have not solved the problem. Get this, I can upload images on IE7 and Firefox, but my user, using my login and password, still can't upload. Surely this means that it is not opencart that has the problem. That the issue lies elsewhere......but where do I start with that one? Do I have to actually go over to the users house myself for testing (over a 100 miles away)?

So, what do I do now?

On Friday I shall be testing the system from a remote computer to see if I can repeat the bug (actually someone elses house, in the next town). These weird AJAX problems (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't) have had me stumped me before. The solution at that time was a complete rebuild with a new system (and no AJAX - it was an image upload problem then as well).

But I love opencart - bloody, bloody, bloody image uploads :'(

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Paul.

Post by Daniel » Thu May 28, 2009 7:56 am

check your antivirus and any toolbars you have installed.

I'm also using IE8 and it works fine.

I might have another solution for fixing this problem, but i want to see if we can fix the current script.

Administrator

Post by santtos » Thu May 28, 2009 7:37 pm

I try it with and without antivirus, even on 3 pc's, I tryit with opera, firefox, ie 7 and 8, even with old netscape, I try it on 2 diferent hostingsI with diferent OS (windows and linux), nothing... can't upload the image.

Post by Daniel » Thu May 28, 2009 7:48 pm

santtos wrote:I try it with and without antivirus, even on 3 pc's, I tryit with opera, firefox, ie 7 and 8, even with old netscape, I try it on 2 diferent hostingsI with diferent OS (windows and linux), nothing... can't upload the image.
pm me your details so i can login to your admin so i can test this for myself.

also check you do noit have parse time on.

Administrator

Post by pauld » Thu May 28, 2009 10:00 pm

santtos wrote:I try it with and without antivirus, even on 3 pc's, I tryit with opera, firefox, ie 7 and 8, even with old netscape, I try it on 2 diferent hostingsI with diferent OS (windows and linux), nothing... can't upload the image.
Wow, you have more patience than me! Although I feel your pain brother! O0

Hi Daniel,

I have read about Norton Antivirus hang ups (which my user is using) and suggestions have included turning off the script blocking etc. However, on a thread on another board users were all agreeing that actually turning off the ajax call was probably a good idea. Is there a way to do that easily, so that the image upload involves a reload of the page. I think most users would be ok with that, or not even notice. (Although I like the slick image upload and would like to keep it).

There have been reports too of IE7 hanging up with multiple requests, or with looping through nested loops that perform http requests. Unfortunately, debugging all this is all a bit beyond me or my resources.

The upload script seems to work for most people so perhaps it would be acceptable to release a patch for people experiencing this problem. Perhaps a patch that turns off the ajax image upload, although contained in the tabs, I do not know how this would work.

Thank you again for your help,

Paul.