Post by thesoundsmith » Sat May 16, 2009 7:38 am

I have the option of running a pre-installed script to install v 0.7.9 and then upgrading to 1.x, or starting from scratch with a fresh 1.x install. I am of the opinion it would be simplest to start with 0.7.9, as it would build the initial databases and admin scripts, and then run the update processes. (There will be no products in the catalog beyond what is included in the install.)

Is there any reason to not do it this way? Or is this the best way to go?

Thanks for opinions/ideas.

Dasher

Post by thesoundsmith » Wed May 20, 2009 12:33 am

Is this always going to be the level of support for this app? ZenCart has an active user community, this product seems to be dying on the vine. Please give me an indication if this is a worthwhile endeavor... (no answer is an answer as well.)

Post by Blueforce » Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 am

Hi thesoundsmith,

I hope I haveunderstand the question right - Are asking if you shuld start with OpenCart Zero (0.x) and then upgrade to OpenCart 1.x?

OpenCart Zero and OpenCart 1.x are two different carts, and I don't think it is possible to do a automatic "upgrade" from 0.x to 1.x - (Have not tried it my self, so I could be wrong here!)

I think you should first decide which cart you want to use, and install that version.
It's always nice with a clean install!!
I am of the opinion it would be simplest to start with 0.7.9, as it would build the initial databases and admin scripts, and then run the update processes.
OpenCart 1.x installs and builds the DB very nicely with it's install script!

Regards,
Leffe

Location - Sweden