Post by spitos » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks mkh.

Can you confirm if the product total is present in the category module for categories and sub categories after completing the changes?

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by mkh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:01 pm

spitos wrote:Thanks mkh.

Can you confirm if the product total is present in the category module for categories and sub categories after completing the changes?
I dont see any totals anymore, but I'm not using the topbar for products, only the left side module (Category)
ss.png

screenshot - ss.png (10.68 KiB) Viewed 8898 times

mkh

Post by spitos » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks for the confirmation.

Hopefully jomeza001 can solve the issue too

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by mkh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:16 pm

spitos wrote:Thanks for the confirmation.

Hopefully jomeza001 can solve the issue too

Yeah lets hope so, the load time is alot better with this

We have 700+ products and they all load fast :)

But as a "tiny" request I would love to see this work with the "hide empty categories"

Just dont have the skills to make the changes...

mkh

Post by spitos » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Is the hide empty categories mod in a vqmod?

If so send me the file and i'll see what I can do! ;)

Location - UK

Post by mkh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:29 pm

spitos wrote:Is the hide empty categories mod in a vqmod?

If so send me the file and i'll see what I can do! ;)
it sure is, it's this http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=38140

mkh

Post by spitos » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm not so sure that these two can be used together.

The remove empty categories mod seems to rely on the query being run to calculate if the category is empty or not.
Basically it says if product count in the category is 0 then hide the category.

My mod comments out the product totals from the category and removes the query from being run to fix the speed issues.

So without the query being run to calculate the product totals, it can't find out if the category is empty or not.

Looks like it's one or the other. See if you can find anything on the forum for displaying the product count for categories in the admin area, at least that way you will be able to hide empty categories manually.

Location - UK

Post by mkh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:56 pm

Well, Guess I'm gonna stick with your mod then. I can just remove the categories not being used... But thanks for looking into it...

mkh

Post by jomeza001 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:53 am

Ok sorted it out. I had different versions (moded) of the category.php

But now it works!

Thanks spitos.

Post by spitos » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:37 am

Glad you got it sorted :)

Location - UK

Post by snappyfish » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:22 am

Hi, Using this mod removes my page count at left bottom of category page.

Should read.

1 2 3 4 > >|

it also removes the page count at right bottom.

Right bottom reads.

Showing 0 to 0 of 0 (0 Pages)

It should read.

Showing 1 to 15 of 46 (4 Pages)
Last edited by snappyfish on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by jomeza001 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:41 am

snappyfish wrote:Hi, Using this mod removes my page count at left bottom of category page.

Should read.

1 2 3 4 > >|

left bottom reads.

It should read.

Me too.... :(

Standing by a fix since this mod is great.

Post by spitos » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:24 am

jomeza001 wrote:
snappyfish wrote:Hi, Using this mod removes my page count at left bottom of category page.

Should read.

1 2 3 4 > >|

left bottom reads.

It should read.

Me too.... :(

Standing by a fix since this mod is great.
I've updated the original post, both files will also have pagination on the category pages.

Location - UK

Post by snappyfish » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 am

Thanks. Worked for me. :)

Post by jomeza001 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:24 am

Worked. Tnx!

Post by spitos » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:34 am

Those changes are listed in the xml files attached to the first message. Your changes do not factor in the speed issues when the store starts to increase with more products and categories.

Besides, vqmod is simple, quick and easily reversible. Why wouldn't you want to use it!? :)

See the extension for quick and easy setup details of how to do this properly:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3444

Location - UK

Post by wap5680 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi Spitos.

Order id is 63182. I made the payment via paypal and was looking forward to download the extension to try it out. Even though the payment is made, my order still stays 'Processing'. Can you please look into it and make the download avaiable as soon as possible?

Thanks

Post by spitos » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi wap5680,

I have no control over the downloads, not sure why it isn't allowing it if you have paid for it? I cannot see a transaction from you in the list.
Can you double check that they payment was successful please and PM me with confirmation details?

Thanks

Location - UK

Post by wap5680 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:35 am

Hi, here is the payment info.

Web Accept Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #1F009534SN741410X)

Name:
Kerr Daniel Peter (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
Email:
payment@opencart.com

Total amount:
-$10.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$10.00 USD

Item amount:
$10.00 USD
Sales Tax:
$0.00 USD
Shipping:
$0.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:

Item Title:
Category speed up / Remove product count
Invoice ID:
63182 - My Name
Date:
Oct 13, 2011
Time:
01:39:34 PDT
Completed

Post by wap5680 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 am

I have now placed a second order. This is order # 63327 This time creating another account with the exact same email address as my paypal address (thinking maybe the discrepancy of email addresses caused the problem), however, still no download. In both my accounts the Order History, it shows the order, but says 'Processing'.

Please do something about it. If the download system is broken, it should be fixed first before items are put up for sale.

Thanks,
Saher