Post by megahuman » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Hello!

What I'm trying to achieve with my store is to have products up on the website and people to be able to pre-order the product.

So for example I have an item for sale in a months time, I want it to be on the website, showing the date of when its available and also saying 'pre order'. And so people can still purchase the item so then i can send it to them on release date.

Anyone have any advice,mods or anything that can help would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Web Design and Development at 7 Design

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Have you used our FREE Search?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by megahuman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:13 am

Yeah I used the free search, but nothing came up that was very helpful. And the topics that did come up was not what I was after. The one topic that came up that was helpful didn't work so I made my own topic...

Post by megahuman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:55 pm

I'd really appreciate more help on this subject if possible.

I've followed other guides and stuff but none have worked...

I've set the date to be in a week from now on a product, however it doesn't show on the store which I think is default, but I want it to show on the store...

I was hoping to show its 'release date' or something which would be the date its available...

I went to System > Localization > Stock Statuses
And then it a few different ones, 2 - 3 days, in stock, out of stock and pre-order

I'm wondering how these get set to a particular product? Can it do it automatically? How do I display them and such?

Hope somebody can offer me some assistance! :)

Post by i2Paq » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:06 pm

This is not possible.

You can have a Pre-order stock-status.

Put the release-date in the description.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by megahuman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:10 pm

So how do I select which stock status i want to use?

Post by i2Paq » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:13 pm

When adding or editing a product?

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by megahuman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Both really...

I'd like to add products and make it show up a Pre Order status.

I've just worked it out as setting out of stock status to pre order, then setting my stock to 0. Is this what you where telling me to do?

Post by gavin m » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:48 pm

megahuman wrote:Both really...

I'd like to add products and make it show up a Pre Order status.

I've just worked it out as setting out of stock status to pre order, then setting my stock to 0. Is this what you where telling me to do?
This will work if you have allow out of stock items to be purchased. If you don't allow out of stock items to be purchased, you can not have a pre-order system.

This is something that the cart really lacks as a module. I had a custom system developed for a old OC I had (1.3.4 I think) but never had it updated when I upgraded.

I now do the following:

1. Create a 'Pre-order' category.
2. Any item for pre-order is put in this category with a dummy stock in it.
3. In the category description, I have the following to cover the issue of enough pre-orders being taken to clear the dummy stock level before I can up the dummy stock manually:
Pre-Order Now

We are able to take pre-orders for any item in this section. Your items will be dispatched to you as soon as they are with us.

If an item says it is 'Out of Stock' this is because we will have deactivated it's pre-order status. Recent activity has shown us that pre-orders can out strip our potential stock levels and so to avoid customers having to wait longer than expected for items post release date, we will stop taking pre-orders.
I don't do the 'out of stock' status thing and allow ordering of out of stock items as I personally hate shops that sell stuff they don't have in stock.

It's not a perfect solution but it works for me.

Post by spirit » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:55 am

Damn, does not exist other way?
I want put "Pre-order" status with units available.

Please, try to help us,
thanks! :)

Post by discave » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:08 am

Sorry but i didn't understand.
You post a new item with units avaible and set "Pre-order" in status, then create an logo in Photoshop saying "Pre-Order" and paste over the image of the item, them post that image in store.
Your users are allow to order and pay the product, it going to remove the item sale quantity and it's working.
If you want everything automatic search in google for paid modules of pre-order, and get out your credit card.

Post by spirit » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:32 am

discave wrote:Sorry but i didn't understand.
You post a new item with units avaible and set "Pre-order" in status, then create an logo in Photoshop saying "Pre-Order" and paste over the image of the item, them post that image in store.
Your users are allow to order and pay the product, it going to remove the item sale quantity and it's working.
If you want everything automatic search in google for paid modules of pre-order, and get out your credit card.
discave: not exactly man, this is the problem;if you set an item in "Pre-order" + units available (for example 10 pcs), the system will show in product availability "In stock" and not "Pre-order".

That means that each time you put a number in the item quantity the system will show in availability "In Stock".

Sorry for my poor english guys, i hope your help, thanks!