Post by inspira » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:14 am

I really need help in this! :_(

I have 4 diferent geozones:

EUROPE (19%)
INTERNATIONAL (0%)
GERMANY (19%) (created because I need a different shipping cost)
France (19,6%)

When I'm in the store I see the defautl TAX 19% (PERFECT) then I buy something for EUROPE and in the checkout the taxes are 19%. BUT if I use a different shipping addres, for example FRANCE the don't assign any TAX!! :_(

I found that in all the prodcuts I have assigned the EUROPE TAX, and I'm sure is for that. BUT if I don't assign any zone to the product... then I dont see the taxes in the products!

Can any body help me with this? I just need to watch always the products with taxes in the store, and have a different TAX calculation in the invoice depending of the country!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!! ^____^

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

you don't assign zones to products. You assign tax classes to products. A tax class can and in your case should contain multiple zones.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by inspira » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 am

Xsecrets wrote:you don't assign zones to products. You assign tax classes to products. A tax class can and in your case should contain multiple zones.
Thanks for your reply! yes, I know I assign taxes (not zones), I need diferent taxes in the invoice depending of the zone.

For example If I have some customer buying from France asign 19,6% in the invoice, and somebody buying from Spain 19%.

Post by inspira » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:25 am

I FIND MY OWN ANSWER!! I was Using the taxes in a wrong way!! I create a diferent kind of tax clas for every country! BUT the correct way is to create ONE TAX, with multiple geozones inside!!!!

THANKS Xsecrets!! :)

Post by SXGuy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:10 pm

if you are in Europe, which you obviously are, you should be charging tax at your local countries tax rate, not other european tax rates.

The only time you charge other european tax rates for other european countries is if you are registered for vat in those countries, which you probably are not. Correct me if im wrong.

Anyway, please make sure that if you are not registered for vat in other european countries, that you are only charging vat at the rate of your own country for inside the european community.

Your accountant, or at the very least, goverment website should have explained this to you.

Post by inspira » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:17 am

SXGuy wrote:if you are in Europe, which you obviously are, you should be charging tax at your local countries tax rate, not other european tax rates.

The only time you charge other european tax rates for other european countries is if you are registered for vat in those countries, which you probably are not. Correct me if im wrong.

Anyway, please make sure that if you are not registered for vat in other european countries, that you are only charging vat at the rate of your own country for inside the european community.

Your accountant, or at the very least, goverment website should have explained this to you.
Thanks! yes, the website is just a way tu sell, the shop have different phisic stores in Europe :)