Post by ayya » Fri May 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Dear Friends,

I need single page checkout for the opencart. Please can any one help me.

Thanks
S.Ayyadurai.

Post by i2Paq » Fri May 28, 2010 5:58 pm

This is not possible, nor will it ever be created as it is unusable.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Xsecrets » Fri May 28, 2010 8:31 pm

i2Paq wrote:This is not possible, nor will it ever be created as it is unusable.
Well pretty much anything is possible. And there is no reason why a one page checkout couldn't be built for opencart. It would of course not be usable without javascript because it would require AJAX to work, but then again many of the current payment methods require javascript to work. It would not fulfill requirements in some countries that require a seperate order confirmation page (which is why I doubt there will ever be an official 1 page checkout), but it could be done.
Trust me if people can cram a one page checkout into the code mess that is oscommerce it can be done with OpenCart. I doubt at this point there is anyone who will do it for free.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 28, 2010 9:46 pm

I know they have a pretty nice commercial mod for Magento
http://demo.onestepcheckout.com/

It uses ajax as well and looks pretty readable. So it is possible but has to be done well.

Administrator

Post by enssen » Sun May 30, 2010 6:02 pm

I am unsure of the infrastructure processes involved, however, the purpose is simply to remove checkout steps and allow customers an immediate understanding of the time and information involved in making a purchase.

The opencart checkout is good but I am sure a step could be removed. For me, foxycart has the best 1 page checkout to date.

Post by Xsecrets » Sun May 30, 2010 9:22 pm

well I agree that the checkout process needs to be looked at, but I don't see it getting down to one page on the default install, but the cart->create account->create account succes->cart->checkout payment->checkout shipping->checkout confirmation->checkout success. is a bit crazy.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by itw_matt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:15 pm

This is a great idea and I think Q has hit it spot on with the Magento version.

Of course for your specific case ayya, the complexities of the module depend on your needs. It only gets complicated if you have complex shipping, tax and payment options.

If for example, you have simple products and flat rate shipping to a single location with a single PSP (This isn't an uncommon scenario) then you could create this functionality without needing to go into the complexities of ajax - but it would be custom for the store and not really useable anywhere else. Nor would it play nicely with upgrades.

It would be great to see this developed for future releases though as it really can make a huge difference to conversion rates and would certainly set the platform further apart from the competition.

Matthew Constable

http://www.itwiz.co.uk | matthew.constable@itwiz.co.uk

Post by IOWA » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 am

If there is only one shipping method and only one payment method I have a two page checkout solution..

Step 1---> Enter customer info

Step 2---> Paypal

That's it. It also only uses Guest checkout so no user accounts can be created. If you guys want, I can post the details

Post by devrm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:31 am

Hey, IOWA!
That would be great! I have just started working with Opencart and quite like the system. If you would like some assistance with the development, please let me know.

Post by tommyla » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:39 pm

good idea for a single page checkout, this might well improve the ease of use, and more sales!

Location - Norway

Post by Qphoria » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:42 pm

IOWA wrote:If there is only one shipping method and only one payment method I have a two page checkout solution..

Step 1---> Enter customer info

Step 2---> Paypal

That's it. It also only uses Guest checkout so no user accounts can be created. If you guys want, I can post the details
Or you could just look it up here:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... path=47_48

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:03 pm

it is possible. and is going to be ion 1.5.0. i would show you an example of a site that already has it but its still in the development but one page checkout is finished on it.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by tommyla » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Daniel wrote:it is possible. and is going to be ion 1.5.0. i would show you an example of a site that already has it but its still in the development but one page checkout is finished on it.
nice, keep up the great work :)

Location - Norway

Post by russiant » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:12 pm

There is a very elegant single page checkout for OsCommerce solution made by http://www.dynamoeffects.com. I use it on my site www.russiantreasure.com. Believe me, default osCommerce checkout flow is the worst there is, but I have to say that openCart's is not much better. I am surprised that openCart has a mature and beautiful solution for most of the other ecommerce components, but falls short on the most important part of the system - checkout.

I was considering moving to open cart because I truly hate osCommerce, but I'll have to wait until 1.5 matures and offers single page checkout. I wish someone created a mod for that.

Post by Ion_Cannon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 am

One page checkout is possible in any cart but that doesn't necessarily mean it is better for conversions. There are actual studies that show that multi-page checkouts are still the best converting shopping sites compared to one page checkouts. The myth about One page checkout being better is exactly that...a myth. People have to remember that customers are sometimes(wink*) dumb and sometimes single page checkouts can be confusing. I like the one for Magento though and like Qphoria says, it simply has to be done right. You can't just throw something up....

Post by itarget » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Hello guys,

We have made the one page checkout available for the OpenCart 1.4.9.x versions.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2830

Post by tjonnyc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:01 am

It's not impossible.

I've made a "1.5-page" checkout on OC 1.4.9 - http://www.futurofuturo.com

Item summary + billing address + shipping address + selector for credit card or PayPal on one page, credit card info on the next page.

Cuts out at least 2 pages from the process.

And yes, it was an utter pain in the @$$. I wish OC had a 1-step checkout option in the core.

Post by karlpers » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:57 pm

I think its upon time we start collecting pre-orders for a one page checkout to make someone start developing it as an extension:)

+1

Post by tjonnyc » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 am

Or at least have the OC core developers set up the checkout process in such a way that each "module" or "section" is separate in the code - billing address entry, shipping address entry, coupon box, items display, etc.

If the checkout process was modular, and the code was understandable to beginner/intermediate programmers, it would be so much easier to "remix" the checkout into whatever you need, without having to spend a day hunting for the solution as to why removing 1 section crashes the rest of the form, or how to define a variable...

As I've mentioned above, it's possible to simplify the process, but the amount of time it takes it ridiculous.

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:54 am

tjonnyc wrote:Or at least have the OC core developers set up the checkout process in such a way that each "module" or "section" is separate in the code - billing address entry, shipping address entry, coupon box, items display, etc.

If the checkout process was modular, and the code was understandable to beginner/intermediate programmers, it would be so much easier to "remix" the checkout into whatever you need, without having to spend a day hunting for the solution as to why removing 1 section crashes the rest of the form, or how to define a variable...

As I've mentioned above, it's possible to simplify the process, but the amount of time it takes it ridiculous.
well quite frankly it's a complete shopping cart with many features, and generally it is quite necessary to have section1 required for section2, granted for some people who do not use many of the features you can get away with removing section1, but opencart cannot be released that way, because many people do use the features.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US