Post by QNAP » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi

I have encountered problems with mail function in OC 1.5.0.5

Someone else who has suffered similar problems??

The error occurs as follows:

* If I choose to send a "mass mail" ( Newsletter ) to customers whose accounts have the option Newsletter enabled, the customers never get any emails with the Newsletter! Though it says: " Your message has been successfully sent! "

* Gift Voucher code does not reach the customer either. I think Daniel was about to fix this that it would be sent to the customer automatically as soon as payment status was changed to Complete in the Admin back-end. It has not been confirmed though. Anyway so it does not work, have also tried to send it manually ( Send button ) with no success.

What is remarkable here is that the following works with the current, Default OC Mail settings:

* Order confirmation ( sent automatically ! )
Works brilliant and shows up in 1 second in Inbox!

* Register New Account ( sent automatically ! )

* New password request ( sent automatically ! )
It says "Success: A new password has been sent to your e-mail address"

* Query from contact us page send by customer.
It says "Your enquiry has been successfully sent to the store owner!"
Works brilliant and shows up as expected in the Inbox of store owner.

Order confirmations that are being processed automatically de facto works well.
Have pointed out the problem for my developer but he believes that this is a matter of a bug in OC 1.5.0.5
Is it really so? I doubt it.......

Can anyone bring some light into this problem? Please!

Attachments

Currently email settings.png

Currently email settings.png (58.92 KiB) Viewed 1201 times

Post by merry » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 pm

QNAP wrote:Hi

I have encountered problems with mail function in OC 1.5.0.5... The error occurs as follows:

* If I choose to send a "mass mail" ( Newsletter ) to customers whose accounts have the option Newsletter enabled, the customers never get any emails with the Newsletter! Though it says: " Your message has been successfully sent! "

* Gift Voucher code does not reach the customer either. I think Daniel was about to fix this that it would be sent to the customer automatically as soon as payment status was changed to Complete in the Admin back-end. It has not been confirmed though. Anyway so it does not work, have also tried to send it manually ( Send button ) with no success.
QNAP,

How many mass mails are you sending? Some web hosts have a limiter to prevent spam and will reject a large number of emails. Some are set as low as 25 identical messages. Check your host's documentation or ask them about it.

Gift Voucher seems like an unrelated issue.

Kerry

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas

Post by QNAP » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:49 am

Kerry
How many mass mails are you sending? Some web hosts have a limiter to prevent spam and will reject a large number of emails. Some are set as low as 25 identical messages
No mass mails at all. In the specific case I only send one Newsletter mail to a test-client. Evaluation phase = I`m testing the various features. Gift Voucher is actually an related issue.

Post by QNAP » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:14 pm

In other words,

I have set up the store admin to be a known and working email account.
I have created a customer account using another known and working hotmail.com account.

I receive the following e-mails to the hotmail.com account:

Order confirmation, Register New Account and New password request

I`m still not getting the Newsletter email from the store admin email account.

Perhaps that is the question of configuring the mail settings in the php config. ??

Post by popular » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 am

I'm also experiencing the same issue here. I get the confirmation e-mails for orders on both the admin and customer end but when I click sales --> mail and try and send out a newsletter (even to one customer) it never gets sent :-\

(it does say "Your message has been successfully sent!", but the e-mail never arrives and yes I checked the spam folder)

Post by ctrombley » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 am

Yes, the Sales > Mail feature does not work whatsoever. It's only there for show. Better off trying to export the emails manually from your DB and send your own emails that way. It would be nice if this feature worked as advertised, unfortunately the Opencart developers dropped the ball here... but it's free software so even if it's half-assed I really can't complain, it's better than ZenCart!!!