Post by danastasio » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:41 am

Hi.
My name is Dave and im starting a company that will be manufacturing my own line of computers. in an effort to combat charge backs i want to make a required button that says "I authorize Gelene Computers LLC to charge my card number as stated above {total}" how do i do this/where can i go to learn how to do this?

Post by Geek » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:28 am

First off, depending on what payment method you are using, the credit card processor may have that feature available to you via your account access.

If you are really wanting something like that, you can edit the files:
  • catalog\controller\checkout\confirm.php
    catalog\view\theme\default\template\checkout\confirm.tpl
and add the option into there and then require it to be checked before you can continue to complete the order. But, the best option is to rely on your credit card processor. I am pretty sure that PayPal has that ability and so do most of the others.

Location - Cyberspace, the final frontier...

Post by danastasio » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:49 pm

awesome thanks =) i ask because i refuse to use paypal after a bad personal experience a couple of years ago. and i was expecting to have to process credit cards manually (getting all the information and in putting it into a virtual terminal) before i found out i could switch my gateway to auth.net

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:18 pm

its not catalog\controller\checkout\confirm.php

it should be
catalog\controller\payment\your payment gateway .php

Administrator

Post by Geek » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:21 am

Daniel wrote:its not catalog\controller\checkout\confirm.php

it should be
catalog\controller\payment\your payment gateway .php
Wouldn't it be better if you modify the confirm page so that just before it is sent off to the payment processor, it would be verified?

I see what you are getting at, but if you want to have the verification along with the review of the order just before it is sent to the processor you would but it in the confirm page, correct? Or am I looking at the source code wrong again bring up 48 hours. :D

Location - Cyberspace, the final frontier...