Post by SuperJuice » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:42 am

shopfair wrote:Hello

yes it's also not working with default theme and yes other modules work no problem.
i am using 1.5.1 so i guess that is why !?
The reason being that the Opencart developers make fundamental changes to the inner workings of the module system between releases.

Once I have updated the module to work with 1.5.1 I will update the Extension page to show support for this version.

Thanks for the heads up.

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:47 am

jtsroberts,

Just checked the module and it is working correctly calculating leng/weight.

Under weight class you must have mm and g listed.

In my configuration (which I believe hasn't been modified from default)

Weight Classes
Weight kg (default) value = 1
Weight g value = 1000

Length Classes
Length cm (default) value = 1
Length mm value = 10

This should resolve your issues.

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Release for 1.5.1.1 will be delayed until the following issue I have raised with the OpenCart developers is resolved, I suggest staying on 1.5.0.5 for the time being if you want Australia Post shipping support.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 73#p178973

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:36 pm

I couldn't deal with the frustration any longer so released a 1.5.1.1 version in the hope that the OpenCart developers will see the light at some stage and fix the regression in the module API.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=1011

Please let me know if you find any issues with the 1.5.1.1 module.

Post by ralphd » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Just installed on 1.5.1.1 and am finding that the checkout process hangs after pressing continue after stage 3, "Delivery Details" and won't proceed to stage 4 " Delivery Method". All is ok if I disable Austpost module.

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:15 am

ralphd wrote:Just installed on 1.5.1.1 and am finding that the checkout process hangs after pressing continue after stage 3, "Delivery Details" and won't proceed to stage 4 " Delivery Method". All is ok if I disable Austpost module.
Are you using the 1.5.1.1 module from the Extensions page?
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... d_id=69755

Have you had the Australia Post module working in previous versions of OpenCart on the same server?
Do you have mm, cm, g and kg configured in your length/weight classes? (should be there by default)

Post by ralphd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Sorry I installed 1.5.0.5, all ok now, thanks Superjuice

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:03 pm

I have just released the 1.5.1.1u1 module which adds Registered Post and Registered Post with insurance to the postage options.

This version of the module will only work on 1.5.1.1 and above.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... d_id=72261

Post by jtsroberts » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:40 am

SuperJuice wrote:jtsroberts,

Just checked the module and it is working correctly calculating leng/weight.

Under weight class you must have mm and g listed.

In my configuration (which I believe hasn't been modified from default)

Weight Classes
Weight kg (default) value = 1
Weight g value = 1000

Length Classes
Length cm (default) value = 1
Length mm value = 10

This should resolve your issues.
Thanks for the information SuperJuice. Not sure where it's gone wrong, I think I'll do a fresh install and start again. I'll let you know if it still persists! Turns out you do need both g and kg along with cm and mm for it to work properly. Maybe it should be made so they can't be deleted if it's core to the functionality of shipping!

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:12 am

You don't technically need both of them, the module just needs to be able to convert whatever your cart item is measured in into mm and g.

So if your cart items are measured in mm, you only need mm. If you measure your cart items with cm you need cm and mm so it can complete the conversion.

I can't control if a user does or doesn't delete length/weight classes, that is well outside the scope of the postage module (would require editing the OpenCart core). The most I can do is add a check to see if they both exist and give an error if they don't (may do this in future if it pops up again).

The OpenCart line on this is "people wouldn't delete the weight/length classes"..

Good to hear it's working.

Post by jtsroberts » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 am

SuperJuice wrote: So if your cart items are measured in mm, you only need mm.
This is how I had it originally and it didn't work. I'm much happier with a working system than one that doesn't obviously :)
SuperJuice wrote: I can't control if a user does or doesn't delete length/weight classes, that is well outside the scope of the postage module (would require editing the OpenCart core).
Sorry, I didn't mean you should take care of that, it was more for the opencart system as the core product if it has dependencies.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Post by geoff m » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 pm

SuperJuice wrote:I have just released the 1.5.1.1u1 module which adds Registered Post and Registered Post with insurance to the postage options.

Hi SuperJuice,
Firstly, thanks for your on-going support for the Aus post module. After reading above messages I'm still a bit confused.
As mentioned in above post there is a prob with installing module 1.5.1u1 in OC 1.5.0 as it hangs at checkout (will eventually work if you hit 'continue' button 10 times or more).
Will you be modifying latest module version to be compatible with 1.5.0 as main reason is registered post requirement + additional options?
Thanks & regards
Geoff

Location - Townsville, Qld Australia

Post by Ozfarmer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:12 pm

Hey SuperJuice, having a small issue with the Aust Post Module with 1.5.1.1 When I do a test checkout (localhost Wamp) I have to press the Continue Button 5 or six times before the module kicks in. Reinstalled Seems OK now. SOLVED
Paul

Location - Australia

Post by SuperJuice » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:12 pm

geoff m wrote:
SuperJuice wrote:I have just released the 1.5.1.1u1 module which adds Registered Post and Registered Post with insurance to the postage options.

Hi SuperJuice,
Firstly, thanks for your on-going support for the Aus post module. After reading above messages I'm still a bit confused.
As mentioned in above post there is a prob with installing module 1.5.1u1 in OC 1.5.0 as it hangs at checkout (will eventually work if you hit 'continue' button 10 times or more).
Will you be modifying latest module version to be compatible with 1.5.0 as main reason is registered post requirement + additional options?
Thanks & regards
Geoff
The 1.5.1 module was never designed to work with 1.5.0 that is why 1.5.0 isn't shown next to the module under 'compatability'. The reason it is hanging is because the API changed between 1.5.0 and 1.5.1.

I don't currently have plans to backport the Registered Post changes to the 1.5.0 version of OpenCart and would encourage people to upgrade to OpenCart 1.5.1.1 and module version 1.5.1.1u1 if possible (and if they want Registered / Registered and Insured post).. the reason being that the number of versions of the module that have had to have been created over time is turning into a bit of a support burden.

Do you have plans to go to 1.5.1.1?

-edit-

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't get an email from the forum notifying me of new posts.

Post by geoff m » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:57 am

Hi Superjuice & thanks for your response.
I have upgraded one of my website to OC 1.5.1.1 the other day, then installed Aust post module for this version (1.5.1.1u1) but still get the same 'hanging problem' at checkout. When I re-install the old module, there are no problems at checkout. Maybe you are able to look into this if possible. I have 2 other websites to upgrade yet, so will put these on hold for now.

Thanks & regards
Geoff
Re above post by OZfarmer. Also tried pressing continue button over 15 times....nothing happened. Did not kick in.

Location - Townsville, Qld Australia

Post by Ozfarmer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 am

The other issue I get (sorry I posted an Mod comments) is the estimate postage option wont work.. I have enabled it but it doesnt show. Should I uninstall and reinstall?

Location - Australia

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:58 am

Hey SuperJuice, having a small issue with the Aust Post Module with 1.5.1.1 When I do a test checkout (localhost Wamp) I have to press the Continue Button 5 or six times before the module kicks in. Reinstalled Seems OK now. SOLVED
Paul
The 'pressing 5 times to make it work' isn't the module, it is the speed that the DRC gateway returns. At times it can be slow, something that Australia Post is apparently addressing, it may also be the speed of DNS resolution

Absolutely nothing in the way the module interfaces with Australia Post has changed (10+ versions back), the issue is that in newer versions of OpenCart the checkout uses an AJAX style checkout so the delay is much more visible to the user. In previous versions because there was a post back / refresh of the page the DRC delays went largely unnoticed. I am not sure if there is an Ajax timeout coded in, but that may potentially be the problem. If it returns a value it is working, I don't have any code in there that says "on the 5th click work". If you click and wait it should return when DRC returns the postage estimate, I can't speed that up.

Other things to check are the speed of connectivity from your webhost to the DRC gateway, the speed of your DNS resolution (this sounds like the issue you had.. once the name was cached it worked quicker etc.), the load on the box etc. etc. To speed up DNS you could even add the DRC name resolution to your hosts file so it doesn't need the DNS request at all.

I haven't had any reports of the estimate not displaying, so I am unsure what the issue is. Can you confirm that you are using 1.5.1.1u1?
Last edited by SuperJuice on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Ozfarmer » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:01 am

Hi SJ, yes I am using 1.5.1.1u1. Everthing else works very well just no estimator.

Location - Australia

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 am

Ozfarmer wrote:Hi SJ, yes I am using 1.5.1.1u1. Everthing else works very well just no estimator.
And 1.5.1 of Opencart? or 1.5.1.1?

Display delivery estimate is definitely enabled in the options?

Post by Ozfarmer » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:05 am

Yes, I gather it should appear on the product pages?

Location - Australia