Post by Simplicity » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:20 pm

bo4man wrote:
Simplicity wrote:You can't upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1. Read my post above and Daniels answer ;)

I've mentioned that not only upgrade.txt should be deleted from package. upgrade.php should be removed from install folder also, but nobody listens...

If there's a upgrade.php in the package, why shouldn't people use it? It sits there with purpose, right? ;D

You can't upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1! Do not use upgrade.php- it breaks the OC installation!
Ok, but where is the upgrade.php in the package i can't find it..... also any bugs or problems to upgrade from 1.5.0.5 to 1.5.1 ?
Man, which part of "You can't upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1!" or "Do not use upgrade.php" you don't understand? :choke:

Post by FnF » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Nice. Thanks Daniel.
Oh, This isnt showing up in the live news feed. I almost missed it. Just happen to notice it on the forum.

FnF

Post by jtam » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Too bad I overwrote the productive folder...Lucky me I have backups...

Post by Wabun » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 am

How to upgrade from 1.5.05 to 1.5.1 please?

I can't find the upgrade.txt file, only see an upgrade.php but it I am not supposed to use that one because it breks the shop.

Thanks in advance

Post by QNAP » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:32 am

How to upgrade from 1.5.05 to 1.5.1 please?
An upgrade script will be released soon.

Post by oclvr » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:09 am

just install v1.5.1, nice. while add product to cart, picture does not fly into cart like before.

Post by Wabun » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 am

Just a quick note about this, did you know that the upgrade.sql, is binary the same as for version 1.5.0.5.
Can we conclude there are no changes to any DB tables and only a file update to fix bug or add features?
Or do we need to simple wait for an upgrade script with (upgrade) mysql intructions.

Maybe David is able to give some comment and let us know it is only a file update?

Thanks

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:25 am

Wabun wrote:Just a quick note about this, did you know that the upgrade.sql, is binary the same as for version 1.5.0.5.
Can we conclude there are no changes to any DB tables and only a file update to fix bug or add features?
Or do we need to simple wait for an upgrade script with (upgrade) mysql intructions.

Maybe David is able to give some comment and let us know it is only a file update?

Thanks
Yes there are db changes in 1.5.1 you cannot upgrade at this point please stop giving people the impression you can.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Daniel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Q is working on a new universal upgrade script.

as for upgrading from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 you can export all your data using the backup tool in the admin then once your new site is ready import all the data.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by gosulove » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 pm

Thx Simplicity and Daniel.........

Post by dony_b » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:40 pm

I have made some modifications to my v1.5 template and my question is :

If I upgrade my shop to 1.5.1 and keep using the same template , will this break anything ?

Location - Boston, MA

Post by Daniel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:45 pm

dony_b wrote:I have made some modifications to my v1.5 template and my question is :

If I upgrade my shop to 1.5.1 and keep using the same template , will this break anything ?

use a program like beyond compare to see the changes. you can also go through the svn and look at each change.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Killerj » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:16 am

Re-Uploads are confusing me.I don't know which of the v1.5.1 I've downloaded. Maybe if you could have 1.5.1a/b/c/d to avoid such confusions? Just a suggestion, Am gonna reset my store anyways.

Post by opencartisalright » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:50 am

Killerj wrote:Re-Uploads are confusing me.I don't know which of the v1.5.1 I've downloaded. Maybe if you could have 1.5.1a/b/c/d to avoid such confusions? Just a suggestion, Am gonna reset my store anyways.
$5 says it won't be the last re-upload (unless it is, then $0). ;D

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:04 am

You changed the way the generating of Invoice-numbers is handled.

Daniel wrote:generate an invoice button is not coming back. if people cancel there order it needs to be recorded. its not about what you want it to do its how invoicing system should work.

its the LAW to provide an invoice number even if some one cancels it.

I completely DISAGREE, there is no such LAW in the EU.

The only law is that you have to provide an invoice in LESS then 10 days after the order is delivered.
The numbers should be in order.
It should contain order-date, invoice-date, payment and shipping method, taxes and products.
have a look at my Prof. Invoice and Packingslip, this is how it should look like.

If an order is canceled BEFORE being shipped there is NO NEED for an invoice. If an order is canceled AFTER being shipped it should be refunded WITH a second invoice. The amount of the 2nd invoice is then - x.xx, so in the case of such an order you need 2 invoices. I rather see that this is implemented.

IN NO WAY there should be an invoice-number generated when an order is placed, I do not know whoever give you that idea?
Why the hell would I need an invoice-number if an order is not shipped yet and maybe canceled before that.
How can I delete an order now, this will interrupt the whole admin part of OC as it will be floated with orders never sold/shipped.

Now the whole Invoice-numbering system is USELESS!

sorry that I sound pissed-off, but I am. This is a change that should be discussed BEFORE being implemented instead afterwards we must argue why this should be reverted back.

EDIT:

Because of this stupid change I now have to manually generate a second invoice with the - amount of the first invoice of EVERY order that has been canceled!
This to prove to the Tax department I never received that money!

Please revert it back OR make it auto-generate when an order gets the status of: Processed.

Daniel is putting the Invoice button back.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by opencartisalright » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:41 am

Daniel wrote:I feel 1.5.x is now getting to stable enough to the point where I have begun to start adding new features.

I'm current adding more reports and manual order editor ready for 1.5.1.
Am I missing something, because I don't see a manual order editor in 1.5.1

Post by anitawos » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:44 am

We also frequently need to edit orders from the admin section - we have three opencart stores now. Customers change their minds, or we want to change the prices, or the shipping amount.

This is a necessary feature for us, and seems like something which should be in the basic opencart. Is this something which really is almost done, or is it a big project? I hope it is possible to have in the basic opencart, but if not, then could someone please write a module to do this?

Location - Massachusetts, USA

Post by upsidedownweb » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:18 pm

So when do you think a 1.495 upgrade script to 1.51 will be available ? is it far away?

Post by agoodis » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:04 pm

decode js (autocomplete) utf-8 bag:

Code: Select all

data: 'filter_name=' +  encodeURIComponent(request.term),
autocomplete()

$data = array(
        'filter_name' => $this->request->post['filter_name'],
        'start'       => 0,
        'limit'       => 20
);

$data = array(
        'filter_name' => urldecode($this->request->post['filter_name']),
        'start'       => 0,
        'limit'       => 20
);

Post by NTCommerce » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:39 pm

I've spent weeks putting together a 1.5.0.5 site , boought and installed a large number of modules and now a new version is out that won't allow me to upgrade or even use the mods I've purchased. I sold the concept of opencart to a customer on the basis that it is highly supported and is constantly being improved upon via upgrades. I'm assuming that 1.5.0 will soon be obsilete leaving my customer with a site that cannot be upgraded.
I understand the ammount of work that is put into this project and I really do appreciate the time spent by all involved but without consistancy I'm afraid Opencart will no longer be a viable solution. You had a product that works and although there were many areas for improvement / enhancement, to bin it and bring out a totally new system Iseems ludicroud. I would imagine many of the Mod developers feel pretty much the same as they now have to ' yet again' redevelop their products
Sorry if this sounds a bit arsey but I've just wasted approx 2 weeks of work and a boat load of cash
Nigel