Post by QNAP » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:26 am

well here's where it gets really confusing are you ready. In the admin in the order list filter by "missing orders" and they will show up.
Quite logical, thanks man, appreciate it. :)
actually abandoned order is not the correct term either, because the order very well could have been completed just under another order_id if the person had to change their address or decided to add something to or remove something from the order, though I suppose it's closer than missing order.
Agree that missing order is a misleading term, maybe interrupted order might be a more fitting description.
It may refer to both order that probably could have been completed just under another Order_ID due to same change/update or abandoned one due to some other reason. Will definitely change it but where?
The Missing Orders option is not under System/Localisation/Order Statuses

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
QNAP wrote:i2Paq
The term "missing Order" is wrong, it should say "Abandoned Orders".
well here's where it gets really confusing are you ready. In the admin in the order list filter by "missing orders" and they will show up. :choke:

its not confusing. if someone changes their address the shipping price might be different as well. maybe even the tax rate.

different prices, different totals, different shipping amount not the same order! needs new order ID

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by ckanoab » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Maybe "Abandoned Carts"? And maybe they should be separate in the DB? Right now order ID is used to identify both the cart and then the order, which leads to the missing IDs. IMO it seems odd to create an order ID when there's no actual order. I understand the order ID has to be passed to the payment gateway, but isn't that only contacted after the user clicks the confirm order button? Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sound's like it's created before that happens...
Last edited by ckanoab on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by R_D » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't this a bug threat instead of a future request thread ? :choke:

Maybe we can let Daniel work on the bugs instead of all this. ???

R_D

Post by QNAP » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:00 pm

its not confusing. if someone changes their address the shipping price might be different as well. maybe even the tax rate. Different prices, different totals, different shipping amount not the same order! needs new order ID
It is true. The thing that is a bit confusing in the context is the choice of the term "missing orders" in filter list.
I and surely many others users associate it with something else. As I mentioned earlier :

Missing order is a misleading term, maybe interrupted order might be a more fitting description.
It may refer to both order that probably could have been completed just under another Order_ID due to same change/update = someone changes their address or abandoned one due to some other reason.

Is it so hard to accept?

Post by crazypetfood » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi Guys, I thought i would post this here, not sure if it is a bug, or if i am missing something, here goes..

I first made a post here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=36051 it turns out it was a config issue, on my main site the welcome module displays ok, on this new multi-store site, the welcome module is active and has the same content as my main site, however it is not displayed on the new site.

I logged into both the newsites and the main sites admin area's and I have tried to add another welcome module, but there is nowhere to select display on a different multi-store site, this is the same for most of the modules, like the slideshow etc... is this a bug, or future addition, or something you guys already know about?

IF this is a known problem, woudl it be possible to have a selection box for each multistore you have (similar to products) so you simply select which store you want the module to work with?
Last edited by crazypetfood on Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by R_D » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:46 pm

QNAP wrote:
its not confusing. if someone changes their address the shipping price might be different as well. maybe even the tax rate. Different prices, different totals, different shipping amount not the same order! needs new order ID
It is true. The thing that is a bit confusing in the context is the choice of the term "missing orders" in filter list.
I and surely many others users associate it with something else. As I mentioned earlier :

Missing order is a misleading term, maybe interrupted order might be a more fitting description.
It may refer to both order that probably could have been completed just under another Order_ID due to same change/update = someone changes their address or abandoned one due to some other reason.

Is it so hard to accept?
It's not hard to accept but anyone can change this themselves in whatever they want: go to

admin\language\english\sale\order.php
and change 'missing orders':

Line 42: $_['text_missing_orders'] = 'Missing Orders';

therefore this isn't a bug, get over it!

R_D

Post by rph » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Daniel wrote:how else are they supposed to find out? from categories!

a nice big 1,000 products in one category. a good 30'seconds to load. massive drain on your cpu.
Who really puts 1000 products in a category? That's an implementation problem on the user's end. They should be using subcategories. You might as well say filemanager is broken because it would take forever to load if someone put 1000 images in the /image/data folder.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by QNAP » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Daniel:

I asked the question earlier but have not received an answer, hope you can be kind enough to answer it, thanx!
Revision: r396
Author: blueyon
Date: Jun 9 (2 days ago)
Review scores: No one has yet scored this revision.

Log message

added gift voucher mail to be sent when order gets to the complete status in the
admin.
Was this implemented in 1.5.0.4 ? The changelog says nothing about it.
Will the Gift Voucher mail to be sent to the customer automatically as soon as order status changed to Complete in the Admin back-end? Or do we have to send it manually ( by Send button ), the option is there and available.

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:15 pm

rph wrote:
Daniel wrote:how else are they supposed to find out? from categories!

a nice big 1,000 products in one category. a good 30'seconds to load. massive drain on your cpu.
Who really puts 1000 products in a category? That's an implementation problem on the user's end. They should be using subcategories. You might as well say filemanager is broken because it would take forever to load if someone put 1000 images in the /image/data folder.
yeah well tell that to about half the people that report bugs on the forum. half the bugs are user implementation problems.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:16 pm

crazypetfood wrote:Hi Guys, I thought i would post this here, not sure if it is a bug, or if i am missing something, here goes..

I first made a post here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=36051 it turns out it was a config issue, on my main site the welcome module displays ok, on this new multi-store site, the welcome module is active and has the same content as my main site, however it is not displayed on the new site.

I logged into both the newsites and the main sites admin area's and I have tried to add another welcome module, but there is nowhere to select display on a different multi-store site, this is the same for most of the modules, like the slideshow etc... is this a bug, or future addition, or something you guys already know about?

IF this is a known problem, woudl it be possible to have a selection box for each multistore you have (similar to products) so you simply select which store you want the module to work with?

you need to create a new layout and assign it to the other store. try and work the rest out from what i have just said here.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by crazypetfood » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Dan for the speedy reply :)

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by PetracheNicolae » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:42 pm

Hello Daniel. Will you release a new update to the opencart wich will integrate all the fixes and modifications made so for in 1 month or so? thanks.

Post by crazypetfood » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:58 am

Daniel wrote:
crazypetfood wrote:Hi Guys, I thought i would post this here, not sure if it is a bug, or if i am missing something, here goes..

you need to create a new layout and assign it to the other store. try and work the rest out from what i have just said here.

Hi again Dan,

I checked my main sites layout, all set to the default, I also check my multi-store layout, again set to default.

I tried created a test layout, the same as default, except called test. I then set the welcome and slideshow to test, same problem of nothign showing, i then tried adjusting al lthe layout's in settings to test... still no joy..

Do you have a link that explains all about layouts?

The part I am having trouble with is that the multi-store and original site use the exact same layouts, shouldn't it work?

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:54 am

crazypetfood wrote:
I checked my main sites layout, all set to the default, I also check my multi-store layout, again set to default.

I tried created a test layout, the same as default, except called test. I then set the welcome and slideshow to test, same problem of nothign showing, i then tried adjusting al lthe layout's in settings to test... still no joy..

Do you have a link that explains all about layouts?

The part I am having trouble with is that the multi-store and original site use the exact same layouts, shouldn't it work?
Default is only used if there is not a more specific layout, and if you are talking about the home page which you probably are then there is a more specific layout called home. You need to create a new layout called something like home-newstore that is just like home and associate it with the new store. then assign the welcome and slideshow to it.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by ioian » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Not sure if this has been reported. I couldn't find it after a quick search. I am getting a "t is not defined" javascript error on product pages. The fancybox trigger is loading before the dom loads. I added jquery ready function to wait for dom load and it prevents fancybox issues...

line 305 (product.tpl). [default theme]

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
add->$(document).ready(function() {
$('.fancybox').fancybox({cyclic: true});
//bring these two functions together under one script tag
$('#button-cart').bind('click', function() {
...etc.
});
add->});
</script>

Post by dijitul » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:15 pm

OpenCart 1.5.0.5

Admin > Modules > Banners

Every time you click "Add Banner" Nothing happens and the following JS error is shown in FireBug
addModule is not defined
Before all that there's an error with the Options that are fetched aswell;

Code: Select all

missing ; before statement
[Break On This Error] html += ' <option value="7">Cheap TV's</option>'; 
This might be causing the issue.

Resolved
> Cannot use apostrophes in Options and so on, no way to sanitise that so it works correctly?

Post by Daniel » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:47 pm

dijitul wrote:OpenCart 1.5.0.5

Admin > Modules > Banners

Every time you click "Add Banner" Nothing happens and the following JS error is shown in FireBug
addModule is not defined
Before all that there's an error with the Options that are fetched aswell;

Code: Select all

missing ; before statement
[Break On This Error] html += ' <option value="7">Cheap TV's</option>'; 
This might be causing the issue.

Resolved
> Cannot use apostrophes in Options and so on, no way to sanitise that so it works correctly?

I can fix it.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:43 pm

strigona wrote:
Daniel wrote:does the stock options added together add up to the same number of products?

anyone else know what hes talking about?
How about I try starting from the beginning again.

There are Products and Product Options. They both have a "Quantity" field and a "Decrease Stock" option.
When "Decrease Stock" is set to "Yes" when someone purchases a Product then the quantity is decreased. If someone same purchases a Product with a Product Option, then both the Product quantity and the Product Option quantity is decreased. If the cart quantity for the Product exceeds that of the actual Product quantity an error is generated for the user. If the cart quantity for the Product with a Product Option exceeds that of the Product Quantity or the Product Option quantity an error is generated for the user. No surprises there.

When the "Decrease Stock" option is set to "No" things aren't quite as simple so I'll give an example.
Product "A" - quantity 2
Optional Product Option "Z" - quantity 1

Cart 1:
1xA + 1xZ = OK

Cart 2:
2xA = OK

Cart 3:
3xA = Out of Stock (A cart quantity exceeds A quantity)

Cart 4:
2xA + 2xZ = OK (Even though the Z cart quantity exceeds Z quantity)

Do you see that when "Decrease Stock" is set to "No" Products check whether there is enough inventory and Product Options ignore inventory?

subtrack stock has nothing to do with allowing products to checkout.

that would be under the settings page:

Show Out Of Stock Warning
Stock Checkout

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by jeroendolstra » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:40 am

1) After making an order and you press on the link to contact the store owner, you get redirected to the "downloads" page.

2) customer who recieve an e-mail with their order get a "Powered by" at the botom of the e-mail.. instead of a "thank you for your order, www.yourwebsite.com" (Botom line after the "you can reply on this e-mail if you have any questions" part).

Could not find a way to fix these 2 things..

http://www.elastiekeveter.nl

Location - Den Helder