Post by mountaingraphic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:51 pm

OPENCART: 1.4.9.4
Import/Export Module
XLS: 2.13 MB
# of Products on Opencart: 3022
# of Products on XLS: 3030

Good Day. Not sure exactly what is going on but I can export, add products through opencart, however I am unable to import products now. It was working fine however I had exported the xls, added a few products and tried to reupload and it stopped working.

There are no error messages, the screen refreshes and the file name has been removed from the browse box but I never get a successful message and the new products never get imported.

Anybody have any idea where to start? The reason I exported initially was due to the fact my feeds were not updating to twitterfeed so I thought it may have to do with how I was importing products and wanted to have a backup to readd later.


Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by mountaingraphic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Forgot to mention that I am on a VPS


Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by rossradiation » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm

I am having the exact same problem (however I am not using VPS)

This was working fine for months .... and then all of a sudenn I cannot import my XLS

I can export fine but when I import the screen refreshes - no error - no confirmation - nothing - and the new products and changes have not taken either.

I am using V1.4.8 of Open Cart

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by mountaingraphic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:37 pm

I have tried to reinstall Export/Import module and noticed a few of the files sizes where different. However even with fresh install of module the issue is still there. Would I need to upgrade to 1.5.0?


Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by mountaingraphic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:45 pm

I have tried once more after deleting cache from the initial reinstall of the module again and it is now working. Everything is importing again


Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by rossradiation » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:58 pm

I tried clearing the cache of my browser (is that what you were referring to?) and it didn't help me,

I also thought to switch browsers from Chrome to Firefox but no luck

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by mountaingraphic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:25 pm

Yes that is what I ment by clearing cache. You may try reinstall of module that seemed to work for me after clearing of the cache.


Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by rossradiation » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:19 am

hey mountaingraphic.

I wrestled with this for about 3 hours into the wee hours last night :)
but I eventually found a solution.
I think I had two problems with my XLS file
1) some of the related_ids fields in my excel spreadsheet had an extra comma in them - so they were like "12,13,14,15," and I had to search and destroy all the extra commas from the end of the field.
2) secondly I re-saved the XLS as a Win95 Excel file and the Import tool accepted it.

weirdness....huh?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by mountaingraphic » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:53 am

Wow that is weird! Glad you got it going though! I HATE when things dont work and have been wrestling with how to add options for thousands of products easily! There has to be a way I just cant figure it out.


Posts

Joined
Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by rossradiation » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:03 am

This is still an issue for me and I am unsure what to do.
Previously I stated that saving my XLS spreadsheet as a Win 95 version allows me to upload. I soon found that the Win 95 XLS has a limited character length on each field, so many of the product descriptions were shortened/truncated.

I have been trying to get this to work for days.

I am using version 1.4.8 of OpenCart and the appropriate Import/Export module (1.4.8)

The XLS has just 1205 rows/products and the file is just over 2MB , so I don't think size is the issue

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by kkhan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:02 pm

I also started facing similar problem when my file size exceeded 2 MB.
I just changed maximum upload file size from "2M" to "4M" and MEmory Limit to "128M" in php.ini file and it started working again.
Note that I have a VPS with kloxo installed.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:44 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests