Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:03 am

Sorry but I dont see iPod Classic repeated on the link you gave above ?

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by celestial » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:14 am

uksitebuilder wrote:Sorry but I dont see iPod Classic repeated on the link you gave above ?
Page 2

Celestial - Martín Abel Rosales
WhatsApp: 50671482211
Email: martinrosales2012@hotmail.com
San José , Costa Rica

Expert Member

Location - Costa Rica

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:24 am

Very weird behaviour.

I get different products each time I look, but I think I see what you are referring to.

Just tested by opening page 2 in a new tab and you are correct. Thanks for the heads-up

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by strigona » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:09 am

I found an inconsistency with regards to how a product is considered "Out of Stock".

In system/library/cart.php the getProducts() method checks if the product is in stock or not. There are 3 stock checks in this method, the first two are related to the stock of Product Options, the last one is for the Product. The Product Options checks ignore the Product Option's stock if "Subtract Stock" is false, however the Product check doesn't.

The 3 checks in question are
1. Radio Options

Code: Select all

Line 66: if ($option_value_query->row['subtract'] && (!$option_value_query->row['quantity'] || ($option_value_query->row['quantity'] < $quantity))) {
2. Select Options

Line 111: if ($option_value_query->row['subtract'] && (!$option_value_query->row['quantity'] || ($option_value_query->row['quantity'] < $quantity))) {
3. Product Stock

Line 213: if (!$product_query->row['quantity'] || ($product_query->row['quantity'] < $quantity)) {
Personally for how I'm managing the stock in my store I want to be able to set an upper limit of the number of items to put into the cart but not decrease the stock so I will be changing the Product Options' conditions to look like the Product Stock condition.
In most cases I would imagine that if decrease stock is set to false, stock should be ignored.

Thanks,
Simon

Post by Johnathan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:18 pm

uksitebuilder wrote:Very weird behaviour.

I get different products each time I look, but I think I see what you are referring to.

Just tested by opening page 2 in a new tab and you are correct. Thanks for the heads-up
Yeah, I just noticed that it's a different duplicated product every time.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by allenshea » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Set right, left with model, got info messed
return.jpg

return.jpg (78.56 KiB) Viewed 4031 times

I think the CSS need to be make some revise.

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by allenshea » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:43 pm

I have already login account, but why the bottom still show
index.php?route=account/login
login.jpg

login.jpg (72.61 KiB) Viewed 4027 times

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by Daniel » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:51 pm

allenshea wrote:Set right, left with model, got info messed
return.jpg
I think the CSS need to be make some revise.

try removing the category box.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Johnathan wrote:
uksitebuilder wrote:Very weird behaviour.

Yeah, I just noticed that it's a different duplicated product every time.

can not replicate. one is an ipod nqano and another is the ipod classic

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:27 pm

strigona wrote:I found an inconsistency with regards to how a product is considered "Out of Stock".

In system/library/cart.php the getProducts() method checks if the product is in stock or not. There are 3 stock checks in this method, the first two are related to the stock of Product Options, the last one is for the Product. The Product Options checks ignore the Product Option's stock if "Subtract Stock" is false, however the Product check doesn't.

1. Radio Options

Line 66: if ($option_value_query->row['subtract'] && (!$option_value_query->row['quantity'] || ($option_value_query->row['quantity'] < $quantity))) {
2. Select Options

Line 111: if ($option_value_query->row['subtract'] && (!$option_value_query->row['quantity'] || ($option_value_query->row['quantity'] < $quantity))) {
3. Product Stock

Line 213: if (!$product_query->row['quantity'] || ($product_query->row['quantity'] < $quantity)) {
Personally for how I'm managing the stock in my store I want to be able to set an upper limit of the number of items to put into the cart but not decrease the stock so I will be changing the Product Options' conditions to look like the Product Stock condition.
In most cases I would imagine that if decrease stock is set to false, stock should be ignored.

Thanks,
Simon
this is a bug thread and not a thread for how you want opencart changed to suite your needs.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by strigona » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Daniel wrote:
strigona wrote:I found an inconsistency with regards to how a product is considered "Out of Stock".

1. Radio Options

2. Select Options

3. Product Stock

Thanks,
Simon
this is a bug thread and not a thread for how you want opencart changed to suite your needs.
I would consider the inconsistency a bug. I mearly suggested the two possibile solutions and how each can be useful. I have made the changes that I want to my store already. I'm posting here so that the next person who comes across this bug doesn't waste an hour figuring out why the decrease stock feature acts completly different in two locations.

So for the sake of future opencart users please consider this a bug.

Thanks,
Simon

Post by Daniel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:03 am

you have not even reported what is actually not happening and what is supposed to happen.

its like playing a guessing game. read carefully what you have writen. it tells us nothing apart from you think there is inconsistency.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by strigona » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:47 am

Daniel wrote:you have not even reported what is actually not happening and what is supposed to happen.

its like playing a guessing game. read carefully what you have writen. it tells us nothing apart from you think there is inconsistency.
Sorry Daniel, I'll re-explain - sorry if I wasn't clear enough earlier.

The inconsistency is that for a Product if the "Decrease Stock" is set to "No", the cart quantity cannot exceed the product quantity. For Product Options if the "Decrease Stock" is set to "No", the cart quantity can exceed the product option quantity.

Post by QNAP » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:26 am

Daniel

Any news regarding the Update issue?
Can we just upload the install folder and run through the installer again?
Or will that mess up the database? Are you planning on making an upgrade script from 1.5.0.5 to whatever the next version is you're planning on releasing?
It would be nice if you could clarify the position on that one, there is probably some users who have begun to enter a lot of products in the current OC release 1.5.0.5 and given that 1.5.0.6 is around the corner so you have to wonder how to upgrade and if it is safe. Hope you understand. Thank you!

Post by Daniel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:30 am

i was thinking of releasing 1.5.1. there is one db change at the moment. it might be an idea to wait for Q to come back from his holidays.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:23 am

Daniel wrote:i was thinking of releasing 1.5.1. there is one db change at the moment. it might be an idea to wait for Q to come back from his holidays.
I think Q is back from his holiday now.

I'm glad you're going to number it 1.5.1 if there's a database change. It'll help those of us with extensions support entire point releases (such as 1.5.0.x) at once.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:43 am

Daniel wrote:i was thinking of releasing 1.5.1. there is one db change at the moment. it might be an idea to wait for Q to come back from his holidays.
Yep, he is already back.

make sure you change the version in the \admin\index.php to reflect the correct version please.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by QNAP » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:04 pm

i was thinking of releasing 1.5.1. there is one db change at the moment. It might be an idea to wait for Q to come back from his holidays.
Great! Given there is one db change at the moment, will you attach some upgrade instructions or is it safe to upgrade from 1.5.0.5 to 1.5.1 ?

Post by reynierpm » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:07 am

Sorry if this isn't a bug but also a problem. When I have a banner and I have content or modules enabled the banner image broken the design. See the image at this link http://www.dropmocks.com/mXL7a, Any solve this?

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:18 am

reynierpm wrote:Sorry if this isn't a bug but also a problem. When I have a banner and I have content or modules enabled the banner image broken the design. See the image at this link http://www.dropmocks.com/mXL7a, Any solve this?
umm make your banner smaller. I would not call that a bug. Images always push the design around if you make them too big.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US