Post by alexbox » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Hello all,
in Opencart it's possible to insert a short video (.flv, .wmv 10-20 sec) for a each product of the store ?

E.g. insert a video of lighteffetcs for a discoteque products ?

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:57 am

you can do this with simple html

Administrator

Post by alexbox » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:58 pm

:-\ Uhm... with pure html how to upload a video ? Ftp ?
Not simple system, i need a contrib with a upload system for the videos via admin panel (like to upload images for the products...).
You have a idea to start this feature (e.g. script for upload to insert in the Opencart) ?

This system is enabled in other e-commerce system (virtuemart, oscommerce) also via fckeditor. Is possible to substitute admin panel products editor of Opencart with Fck ?

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:30 pm

1. upload all videos you want to FTP in a folder called "videos"

2. in product description, add
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="../videos/videoname.flv"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="../videos/videoname.flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

3. done.

Administrator

Post by alexbox » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:46 pm

Good solution for webmaster of the store, but for the vendor ?

E.g.:
Scenary 1:
The webmaster have root access on the website and access on admin panel OpenCart. Your solution is good.

Scenary 2:
The webmaster have root access on the website and access on admin panel OpenCart, the webmaster realize the design-menu-template-seo-other section of the e-commerce for the customer of e-commerce website. The customer have poor knowledge of html code, and have access only to admin panel of OpenCart for insert the products (not access on website ftp). Your solution is bad...

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Well you never said anything about vendors....
Even so, a simple file upload is all you need that uploads to the video area.

Try this one: http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_file_upload.asp

Administrator

Post by alexbox » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:45 pm

Ok, thanks. This is a good solution.

Post by Calimo » Thu May 28, 2009 7:51 am

???
No not for me :-(

Video is a very important thing for OnlineSelling. Look here for example:
http://www.mediashopping.it/prodotti/196409.shtml
I Think also, that Daniel can realize this very easy ...

It is not neccessary, that there is a videoupload. I Think its always OK if daniel makes a ALTERNATE Link for the Images ... so a Image (Thumbnail) can be connected with a video (youtube). This Video can be open in the Lightbox ... like the "BigImage" now.

If the pic has a link, then the pic is usin another Style an has a LAYER "this is a video"!
It should be done in few minutes!!! And with this solution u can use every video-platform - also local files!

Attachments

Bild 3.png

Product-Card with Video - also the MAIN-Pic has a Video-Target in this example ! - Bild 3.png (129.64 KiB) Viewed 26504 times

Bild 6.png

LightBox with Video - Bild 6.png (145.3 KiB) Viewed 26504 times

Bild 7.png

PicUpload with target-definition - Bild 7.png (31.39 KiB) Viewed 26503 times

My Shop: Centro Benessere by Intègrèe

Location - Italy, Chieti

Post by Calimo » Thu May 28, 2009 7:59 am

Qphoria, i think, that the persons here has good IDEAS for OpenCart - but if u give they only "SelfMade-Solutions" then you are loosing a lot of Features-Ideas !!!!

If u dont have the posibility to see the chance, then u make a bad job ... sorry !

Why should i add this in every Description:
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="../videos/videoname.flv"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="../videos/videoname.flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
IAM A SELLER - NOT A CODER !!!!
If daniel want to offer a good System, then he should make the Software FOR SELLERS ... not for Coders!!

My Shop: Centro Benessere by Intègrèe

Location - Italy, Chieti

Post by LadyRagefist » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:23 am

Qphoria wrote:1. upload all videos you want to FTP in a folder called "videos"

2. in product description, add

3. done.
Far from done.
The entire embed code shows up in the product description area. Yes I replaced the "../videos/videoname.flv" with the correct path, spare me the smart remarks concerning trivial text swaps.

I am using the latest version of OC (opencart v1.4.9.1).
Why is this happening.

Post by SapporoGuy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:02 am

Calimo wrote:???
Video is a very important thing for OnlineSelling. Look here for example:
http://www.mediashopping.it/prodotti/196409.shtml
hmmm, bad shop for buyers.
wait to enter site .... 4+ seconds
video uses flash ... I use flash blocker -- click to flash ... keeps my cpu speeds normal.

As for your idea.
-- shopper
It's not really a bad idea to have video for products. but as a shopper, I sometimes don't want to bother and will read reviews and such before I go shopping.

-- store owner
Good and bad, I think it really depends on the product and how you present this.

-- coder
opencart uses thickbox. If the jquery stuff gets upgraded in 1.5 it might be easy for a developer to build and provide/sell and extension that will do this. So, yes, in some ways I agree that opencart could provide more easy to access functionality. However, I'm going to say no too, because not everybody needs this as a standard function.
This is what you would call -- code bloat -- for examples try oscmmerce or zencart. 50/50 on this one.

If you really want that functionality and since you run a shop that makes money from the code that you use, you could always sponsor the building of that code.

I really believe that people can contribute back to the community in 3 ways: help at the forums (answering questions, feedback, ideas), giving code to the community, sponsoring either the main code branch or modules/extensions.

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by LadyRagefist » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:28 am

I'm still waiting for an answer from this top-notch support team.

Post by SapporoGuy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:39 am

HUH?
not sure since there are no smileys but I'm gonna say that santa is bringing somebody some coal for christmas!

Post by loyalrogue » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:29 am

LadyRagefist wrote: Far from done.
The entire embed code shows up in the product description area. Yes I replaced the "../videos/videoname.flv" with the correct path, spare me the smart remarks concerning trivial text swaps.

Why is this happening.
LadyRagefist wrote:I'm still waiting for an answer from this top-notch support team.
4 things...

1) In order to add the source code and have it work you will need to click the "source" button on the product page to change from the rich text view to the source code view.
Since you are seeing the entire code show up on the product description, you must have added it as text and not code.

2) Are you using an .FLV file or a .SWF file?
If I'm not mistaken you have to use a .SWF file to play in the browser's Flash player.
I think a .FLV file can only be played via an FLV player.
So that would change the sample code above to read "../videos/videoname.swf"
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3) If it's still not working or the product description has a blank area where the video goes and the page keeps loading then that means that your path is wrong.
You may have to change the path to an absolute link instead of a relative link depending on where your video is stored on the server.

4) You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If you really want other people, who are doing all this for free, to take the time to help you than it wouldn't hurt to be polite about it and not have an attitude.

I just installed the latest version of opencart to test out, and I just got a Flash movie (.swf) working in the product description using the advice above.
It worked perfectly and until I remove the test product you can see it here: http://mwd.net/ocart/index.php?route=pr ... duct_id=48

Merry Christmas!

Post by nicudica » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:13 am

Hi!

Another solution (an costly one) its that using ffmpeg library for uploading and converting your product presentation into an flv file.

Such of solution have been done by my using an Romanian gddflvplayer player + ffmpeg:

http://www.gdd.ro/gddflvplayer.html

It works perfectly under windows, for linux server quite difficult but works also.

If you are interested send me an info.

Regards and Happy New Year!

Location - Bucharest / Romania

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:46 am

Yes, costly, since many people with "click to flash" will not watch flash videos.

How about a html5 type of solution?

Post by nicudica » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:24 am

Hi!

Not really "click to flash" there are autoplay options .. so the problem its solved.
Anyway for small product presentation could be an solution.

Regards.

Location - Bucharest / Romania

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:59 am

Autoplay option?
I guess, but most major videos get blocked out for me.

I hope it works for you though!

Post by 24leaves.com » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:48 am

loyalrogue wrote:
LadyRagefist wrote: Far from done.

Why is this happening.
LadyRagefist wrote:I'm still waiting for an answer from this top-notch support team.
4 things...

1) In order to add the source code and have it work you will need to click the "source" button on the product page to change from the rich text view to the source code view.
Since you are seeing the entire code show up on the product description, you must have added it as text and not code.

2) Are you using an .FLV file or a .SWF file?
If I'm not mistaken you have to use a .SWF file to play in the browser's Flash player.
I think a .FLV file can only be played via an FLV player.
So that would change the sample code above to read "../videos/videoname.swf"
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3) If it's still not working or the product description has a blank area where the video goes and the page keeps loading then that means that your path is wrong.
You may have to change the path to an absolute link instead of a relative link depending on where your video is stored on the server.

4) You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If you really want other people, who are doing all this for free, to take the time to help you than it wouldn't hurt to be polite about it and not have an attitude.

I just installed the latest version of opencart to test out, and I just got a Flash movie (.swf) working in the product description using the advice above.
It worked perfectly and until I remove the test product you can see it here: http://mwd.net/ocart/index.php?route=pr ... duct_id=48

Merry Christmas!
THANK YOU! YOU ARE THE MASTER!
Instead of failure modules you just explained a simple thing for dumbs like me. Is so easy to insert a video in opencart with your method!

http://www.24leaves.com

Post by OCMaster597 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:00 am

OCMASTER597 *in*
--------------------------------------------------
HTML5 Version here working and tested 100%
--------------------------------------------------
Step 1. Create a new directory called "videos" in your public_html (root) directory
Step 2. Upload all of your videos to in either MP4 or WMV format into the new directory (videos)
Step 3. Just put this code below in each product description box you want the video to be displayed
(make sure you click the "source" button - do not just paste the code into the box, you must click "source" first)

<video controls="" width="400">
<source src="../videos/mov_bbb.mp4" type="video/mp4">
Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
</video>

This will not display the video in the image area, but will give you the professional look inside the description area.

OCMASTER597 *out*