Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:27 am

It seems that when you upload your spreadsheet all your product model numbers are also added to the manufacturer list.
Well spotted, this is indeed a bug which I will fix. I'll also add support for the new
  • category_description.meta_description
    product_description.meta_description
fields. These DB fields were newly added by Daniel sometime between 1.2.2 and 1.2.4.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:49 pm

I have uploaded a new release which fixes above mentioned bug and which now also supports the newly introduced 'meta_description' fields.

Guru Member

Post by sulix » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:07 pm

JNeuhoff,
I have another question. During the importing process I have troubles with xls format
(Error massage: Uploaded file is not a valid spreadsheet file or its values are not in the expected formats!)
probably because I am using czech characters in it. What format/coding should I use?

Thank you again,

Sulix

Post by sulix » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:00 pm

... strange things is, that under english version of administration works importing fine. I tried to import my products under english admin, but I am not able to add for one product twoo different language description.

I find out that via standard shop interface products are stored following way: a one record in table "product"
and twoo records in table "product_description" (each for separete language)

Could you help how to import products for twoo languages?

Thanks,

Sulix

Post by reefnut » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:14 am

After upgrading to the new file when i try to open my exported file it says this:

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: description in <b>/home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/opencart2/admin/model/tool/export.php</b> on line <b>934</b><br />

There are no products or anything on the spreadsheet. I then reverted to the older file and all works again. I tried this on both 1.2.4 and 1.2.5.

I am assuming line 934 has something to do with it.

Post by fido-x » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:46 am

Have you added a "Category Descriptions" mod? I suspect this might be the cause of your error.

Juergen, you'll probably need to update this to include the "meta_description" field in the category (introduced in 1.2.3) and product (1.2.5) tables -- if you haven't already, that is.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:57 pm

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: description in <b>/home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/opencart2/admin/model/tool/export.php</b> on line <b>934</b><br />
This was a bug which has now been fixed. The field category_description.description is optional.
Juergen, you'll probably need to update this to include the "meta_description" field in the category (introduced in 1.2.3) and product (1.2.5) tables -- if you haven't already, that is.
Already done yesterday. :)

Guru Member

Post by sakathecheetah » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:23 am

I'm not sure if this is just me, but it seems like the category and product descriptions get truncated to 255 characters on Export (import handles them fine). They are stored as TEXT in the db, and I don't believe there is any (within reason) limit on their length on opencart's side.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:11 pm

it seems like the category and product descriptions get truncated to 255 characters on Export
I am unable to reproduce your error. Just tested it again with OpenOffice 3 and MS Excel 2003. What spreadsheet software are you using?

Guru Member

Post by sakathecheetah » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:56 am

heh figures... I was using OpenOffice Calc at the time.

I have no trouble when opening exports in Excel 2007 on another computer, and even did another import and export just to make sure. It's probably the fault of that version of OpenOffice.... I can't check the version info since I'm at another location. :-\

Thanks again for the great contrib. ;D

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:13 pm

I was using OpenOffice Calc at the time.
When using OpenOffice, it originally gets the description columns with contents greater than 255 characters, however, when you edit it and save it again in OpenOffice, do a Save As in MS Excel 97/2000/XP (.xls) format, otherwise it will truncate the text to 255 characters!

Unfortunately, after an initial Import, OpenOffice always sees it as in the Microsoft Excel 5.0 (.xls) format which doesn't support text greater than 255 characters.

Guru Member

Post by sakathecheetah » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:06 am

I noticed that the sort_order of my product options was not being respected on import. I suspect this is actually a problem with opencart 1.2.5, since the actual values seem to be imported just fine but do not display in the proper order when listed on product pages. Instead, they are listed in the order that they were in the imported spreadsheet.

I'm pretty sure it's just opencart's product model not doing "ORDER BY sort_order", but I didn't have time to investigate. I've just worked around it by sorting the whole product options sheet by product_id then sort_order after my exports (so that they get imported to the database in that order).

It might be beneficial to adjust the query for the export so that it orders by product_id then sort_order, since it would make editing easier and avoids this issue.

btw, that was my problem with OpenOffice. Thanks. ;)

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:25 pm

I noticed that the sort_order of my product options was not being respected on import.
Can you check your database using PHPMyAdmin to see whether the sort_order got correctly entered into the database?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by sakathecheetah » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:03 pm

The sort_order values are in the database after import. I can import and export them without issue, and the values are retained. I see them in the database as entered, so it's no fault of the contribution.

It's just that for some reason my opencart install is just displaying them in order of product_option_id (the primary key on the product_option table), instead of sorting them by sort_order. It might just be something I changed, as I did make some small edits to my product controller and model... if you cannot duplicate, then please ignore this foolish mortal.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:30 am

Actually it ignores the product_option.sort_order for the product_option during Import and then ends up regenerating the product_option.sort_order in the wrong way, using whatever the order of the options happen to be in the spreadsheet. So it's a bug the Export/Import module. I'll fix it.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:46 am

The sort order for the product options is now preserved. During an Export, the product options are sorted by the product_option.sort_order before being entered into the Options worksheet, and during an Import, it uses whatever the physical order in the worksheet is for re-generating the product_option.sort_order.

Try the latest release for Opencart 1.2.6.

Guru Member

Post by op_sjo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 pm

I just downloaded this module and it's not working for me on v1.2.9. No other custom modules installed (yet).

When I try to export, I get a CSV file with no content but a SQL error:
Error: Table 'xxxx_opencart.category' doesn't exist<br />Error No: 1146<br />SELECT category. * , category_description. * FROM `category` INNER JOIN `category_description` ON `category_description`.category_id = `category`.category_id AND `category_description`.language_id=1 ORDER BY category.`parent_id`, `sort_order`, category.`category_id`;
Also the import/export button images dont appear to be working in the admin console (they do exist in admin/view/image).

Any thoughts? O0

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Try to configure your Opencart server without the DB Prefix and re-install your database without this prefix in the table names. This prefix isn't yet supported by the Export/Import module.

I am not sure what the DB prefix is useful for anyway, because Opencart only uses one database.

Guru Member

Post by op_sjo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:14 pm

The prefix is so you can run multiple shops against the same database. It makes sense.

I'm not planning to rename my database so I guess i'll have to edit your script to suit.

edit: do you know why the button images are broken? they're now broken on backup/restore and import/export :(

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:08 pm

edit: do you know why the button images are broken? they're now broken on backup/restore and import/export
Not sure. Try closing your browser session and start again, see whether this makes a difference.

The following images are replaced:

admin/view/image/button_backup.png
admin/view/image/button_restore.png

I just swapped the directions of the arrows in them, because I (and others like Qphoria) always got confused over the original directions of the arrows.
I guess i'll have to edit your script to suit
That would be quite useful for other users, too. You'd have to insert the DB_PREFIX in front of every table name used in the various DB queries in file admin/model/tool/export.php. If you could do it that would save me some time as I am quite busy at the moment.

Guru Member