Post by Chitranjan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi -

I am facing a problem regarding database.

I have developed my website on local host with help of Xampp.

But unfortunetly i have format my C: drive due to some bug in it, but before formatting i have taken the back of all the folders of Xammp including phpmyadmin.

Now i have installed Xampp again but dont know how to use the same database again because i have created all category and products and website was almost complete. would request you to help me out to find out the location of database stored.

please suggest how to use the same files again.
:(

Post by madimar » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 pm

IMHO, phpmyadmin folder is not important. It is only the software. What you should need to copy is just /mysql/data folder.
I already did something similar in the past and it should work.

Let me know,

M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by Chitranjan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Thanks a ton madimar...

U made my day..... i got the data again.... :)

U Rock !!!!

Regards
Chitranjan

Post by madimar » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:08 pm

Glad to hear that!

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by Chitranjan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:22 pm

hey madimar -

can you help me out for bellow cited issue.

I have installed opencart successfully on goddady but after installation my website url again redirects me to the page for installaion of open cart again.

where in if i am looking at mysql database it has been updated with 59 tables of opencart.

then i have deleted install directory and i am getting HTTP 404 NOT FOUND error on enter my website url.
http://www.mywebsite.com

One observation: Also i have checked all the files and i have found that config.php file is blank after installtion.

Please suggest if you can

Post by madimar » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:49 pm

hmm, for sure you miss something, e.g. a proper config and index...
Trying to re-install? Just to be sure, I never had issues like yours in tens of Opencast installs.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Post by azli » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:21 pm

madimar wrote:IMHO, phpmyadmin folder is not important. It is only the software. What you should need to copy is just /mysql/data folder.
I already did something similar in the past and it should work.

Let me know,

M

I did my opencart on local host.Due to certain reason, I need to move it to another pc. A already copy everything from the file except the config file. But it just display me a fresh new site. Just the background is change. What is actually happend...
" What you should need to copy is just /mysql/data folder. "-what this means? Do I need to do any changes on my phpadmin?
tq for your respons

Post by madimar » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Well, having moved everything you should check:
- website folder
- mysql db

Copying sql/data folder from your previous installation, you should be able to check the presence of old db in phpmyadmin.
Just this!
Regarding website folder, provided that you have re-installed xampp properly, you can just copy the entire old folder of your site and everything should work properly.

If you have specific problems, please explain them better,

regards,

M

Post by azli » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:06 pm

I think i have problem with my phpAdmin, because the database is still showing the basic data as if it was the fresh data.
"Copying sql/data folder from your previous installation"-how to do this? is it by using the import n export function on the phpadmin?

sorry man, I m quite new on this. ;D Step by step guideline is really appreciated...tq

Post by madimar » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi azli,
considering you are working on local host, I suppose you are using xampp or wamp. This means you can copy that folder via Windows... and paste it in the correspondent one of your new installation...

I don't know if it is clear... just browse in your disk... select the folder, copy and paste!!!

Post by azli » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 pm

yup, i already export the databse from myphp admin.
but a new problem occur. It display the old data...the category display laptop,software...bla..bla..but for the bestseller, disply the correct product that i created before. data and in the product on admin site already have the newest database and do not contain any of the oldest product(laptop,software)..
i already edit the url on the setting and copy all the file except the config...
any one?....

Post by madimar » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Azli... I was not talking about export... just copy data folder from previous xampp and paste in you new one!
azli wrote:yup, i already export the databse from myphp admin.
but a new problem occur. It display the old data...the category display laptop,software...bla..bla..but for the bestseller, disply the correct product that i created before. data and in the product on admin site already have the newest database and do not contain any of the oldest product(laptop,software)..
i already edit the url on the setting and copy all the file except the config...
any one?....