Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:59 pm

peecha85 wrote:
Daniel wrote:stop wasting my time!
Ok- sorry.
Maybe that extra click is not that bad for returning customers... Again- sorry
there is no extra click. the default address is already selected. you just click continue,

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Daniel wrote:
peecha85 wrote:
Daniel wrote:stop wasting my time!
Ok- sorry.
Maybe that extra click is not that bad for returning customers... Again- sorry
there is no extra click. the default address is already selected. you just click continue,
Ok I agree that it's not big deal, but click is right there in your description, so how can you say there is no extra click.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:45 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
Daniel wrote:yes Google checkout will be coming. i'm working on 1.5.1 at the moment. that will have more reports and the order editor back. I'm also trying to hire 2 developers in Hong Kong to start working on extensions like Google checkout and many other things I think needs to be included in future releases.
Bring back drop down menus in admin for coupons, featured, and related items lists (like in 1.4) while your at it Daniel.

Everyone wants it back. All of your moderators agree AJAX auto complete sux for coupons, featured, and related items lists. Not to mention almost all of your forum members who've commented about it hate it or can't figure it out. We all want the drop down menus back because auto complete is a royal pain in the a$$ when you've got 2,000 products to add to a 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, and 25% coupon!

Seriously Daniel, think like a store owner. Do you want to type each product and click a little red plus sign 10,000 times to create 5 coupons? I seriously doubt it.
YES Daniel, please listen to all of us and bring it back.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Hosselo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:17 am

Great work,
I have tow questions:
Is the new version supports the multi-vendor feature ?
Is the new version is still compatible with older versions templates ?
Thank you ..

-- My personal website & online portfolio: http://www.hossam.org

Location - Damascus, Syria

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:39 am

Hosselo wrote:Is the new version supports the multi-vendor feature ?
There is a multi-store feature, but no multi-vendor feature.
Hosselo wrote:Is the new version is still compatible with older versions templates ?
No.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:18 am

i2Paq wrote:
opencartisalright wrote:
Daniel wrote:yes Google checkout will be coming. i'm working on 1.5.1 at the moment. that will have more reports and the order editor back. I'm also trying to hire 2 developers in Hong Kong to start working on extensions like Google checkout and many other things I think needs to be included in future releases.
Bring back drop down menus in admin for coupons, featured, and related items lists (like in 1.4) while your at it Daniel.

Everyone wants it back. All of your moderators agree AJAX auto complete sux for coupons, featured, and related items lists. Not to mention almost all of your forum members who've commented about it hate it or can't figure it out. We all want the drop down menus back because auto complete is a royal pain in the a$$ when you've got 2,000 products to add to a 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, and 25% coupon!

Seriously Daniel, think like a store owner. Do you want to type each product and click a little red plus sign 10,000 times to create 5 coupons? I seriously doubt it.
YES Daniel, please listen to all of us and bring it back.

I can alter the coupon system so you can select the coupons to work on all the products in a category. is that ok?

featured and related products you don't need it because it only requires a few products.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by andrejmb » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:30 pm

I have problems with spry menu and slideshow. You cant see subcategory on spry menu because it is go under slideshow. Could somebody tell me how i could fix that ( that spry menu subcategories goes over slideshow.
I have version 1.5.0.2

Thanks,
Andrej

Post by vwt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello,

How can you show the left category coloumn on the home page of the default set up of the latest version?

How to change the discounts in the admin to percentage?

Can we show three different banners on the hone page in one row with each banner width being different.

Thanks

vwt

Post by allsorts » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:17 am

Hi, is the upgrade script available yet from 1.4.9.4 to 1.5.0.5, I have downloaded 1.5.0.5 and am eager to install.

Thanks
Matt
Daniel wrote:Here it is guys!

OPENCART 1.5.0

you can download it here:
http://opencart.googlecode.com/files/op ... v1.5.0.zip

If there are any bugs you can post them in this thread:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 87#p159887

DO NOT TRY TO UPGRADE YOUR CURRENT 1.4.x SHOP!

An upgrade script will be released soon.

New Features:
Reward Points System
RMA System
Grid, List Product listings
Gift Voucher System
Credit System
Reorder System
Wish List System
Affliate System
Option Text Fields
Banner Manager
One-Page Checkout
etc..

I don't have time to do any more work on this tonight so have a play around with it and let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

Post by evacoven » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:16 am

Hi,

I had been searching in vain to find the variable $payment_address and $shipment_address.

This is because in the invoice as well as email for orders, the Payment Address and Shipment Address comes in below format:

First Name = Test
Last Name = ABC
Company = EFC Inc
Address 1 = Testing 1
Address 2 = Testing 2
Postcode = Testing 3
Country =Testing 4
Test@testing.com
+1234567

instead of
EFC Inc
Test ABC
Testing 1
Testing 2
Testing 4
Test@testing.com
+1234567

Can someone enlighten me where to find the variables?

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:31 am

evacoven wrote:Hi,

I had been searching in vain to find the variable $payment_address and $shipment_address.

This is because in the invoice as well as email for orders, the Payment Address and Shipment Address comes in below format:

First Name = Test
Last Name = ABC
Company = EFC Inc
Address 1 = Testing 1
Address 2 = Testing 2
Postcode = Testing 3
Country =Testing 4
Test@testing.com
+1234567

instead of
EFC Inc
Test ABC
Testing 1
Testing 2
Testing 4
Test@testing.com
+1234567

if you goto system->localization->countries and edit the country you are interested in you can set the address format there. Check United States for an example.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by evacoven » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:03 am

Xsecrets wrote:
evacoven wrote:Hi,

First Name = Test
Last Name = ABC
Company = EFC Inc
Address 1 = Testing 1
Address 2 = Testing 2
Postcode = Testing 3
Country =Testing 4
Test@testing.com
+1234567

instead of
EFC Inc
Test ABC
Testing 1
Testing 2
Testing 4
Test@testing.com
+1234567

if you goto system->localization->countries and edit the country you are interested in you can set the address format there. Check United States for an example.
Thanks for advise. :)

Post by milkyway » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 am

Hi Daniel Marvelous job done but its still half a way done few modules are still needed serious concern as i have been using Oscommerce and just one of my client wish to move and check the Opencart.

So i finally try with the New version as i feel there is Nothing but require another improvement to achieve another feather in your cap.
When i used the module for products attributes for Oscommerce (http://www.kysecure.net/demo/demo/admin ... ibutes.php) which is Not found in Opencart ceratinly this is what needed to added for each products which gives the customer for choosing the large quantity with added advantages as in this module we can give extra fields as well.

Well i understand its not big concern since masses has been using Opencart but still for new Users who are with other open sources when they experience Opencart definitely going to give the feedback which is very important. As when they attracted by the Glims of Opencart they definately wish to try it out but the features are Not been included which makes them to stick with what they have been using (other open sources).

I just do hope that you will include my request for New feature added for Opencart New Versions of Products Attributes with in the admin so the client can add the attributes for different volume and set different prices ( http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=34085 ) just like Oscommerce ----->> http://www.kysecure.net/demo/demo/admin ... ibutes.php did it with their basic module which is i feel certainly missing here if i wish to come to Opencart and only than i can say it has achieved some remarkable mile stone and i will definitely ask my other clients to jump over the new Opencart.

Sorry but this was my point of view since my clients wanted to make Opencart but when i try to show them what its missing they are reluctant to use it, i am sure opencart will be for more and more numbers of users who are intrusting it since over the past experience hope this will be included in this new Updates.

Many thanks
Regards

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 am

milkyway wrote:Hi Daniel Marvelous job done but its still half a way done few modules are still needed serious concern as i have been using Oscommerce and just one of my client wish to move and check the Opencart.

So i finally try with the New version as i feel there is Nothing but require another improvement to achieve another feather in your cap.
When i used the module for products attributes for Oscommerce (http://www.kysecure.net/demo/demo/admin ... ibutes.php) which is Not found in Opencart ceratinly this is what needed to added for each products which gives the customer for choosing the large quantity with added advantages as in this module we can give extra fields as well.

Well i understand its not big concern since masses has been using Opencart but still for new Users who are with other open sources when they experience Opencart definitely going to give the feedback which is very important. As when they attracted by the Glims of Opencart they definately wish to try it out but the features are Not been included which makes them to stick with what they have been using (other open sources).

I just do hope that you will include my request for New feature added for Opencart New Versions of Products Attributes with in the admin so the client can add the attributes for different volume and set different prices ( http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=34085 ) just like Oscommerce ----->> http://www.kysecure.net/demo/demo/admin ... ibutes.php did it with their basic module which is i feel certainly missing here if i wish to come to Opencart and only than i can say it has achieved some remarkable mile stone and i will definitely ask my other clients to jump over the new Opencart.

Sorry but this was my point of view since my clients wanted to make Opencart but when i try to show them what its missing they are reluctant to use it, i am sure opencart will be for more and more numbers of users who are intrusting it since over the past experience hope this will be included in this new Updates.

Many thanks
Regards
You really shouldn't open your mouth if you haven't even bothered to look at the software. Opencart does have what you are calling "attributes" in opencart they are called options and they have been in there forever. In the new version 1.5 opencart also has attributes which are text attributes entered by the admin and not customer selectable, similar to what an oscommerce person might call extra fields if they have that contribution installed.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by xcentriq » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:19 am

OpenCart is great. Just thought to suggest a few things, that I'm pretty sure that have been suggested already:

- Order detail editing
- Option for VAT included in the sub-total and not added in total.
- Customer group settings - discounts, free shipping.
- Customer group automatic sorting:
For example, if a customer reaches a certain total order history ammount threshold, they will move up automatically into a higher group.

Customer 1: order history $1500

Group 1: $500
Group 2: $1000
Group 3: $1500
Group 4: $2000

Customer gets moved up automatically and unlocks benefits/discounts etc.

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:40 am

xcentriq wrote:OpenCart is great. Just thought to suggest a few things, that I'm pretty sure that have been suggested already:

- Order detail editing
yes there was an editor in 1.4.9.x, but it wan't great, and was planned to be redesigned for 1.5.x, but due to time constraints it got left out. I believe it is planned to be added back in for the next version.
- Option for VAT included in the sub-total and not added in total.
- Customer group settings - discounts, free shipping.
yeah some group level stuff would be nice.
- Customer group automatic sorting:
For example, if a customer reaches a certain total order history ammount threshold, they will move up automatically into a higher group.

Customer 1: order history $1500

Group 1: $500
Group 2: $1000
Group 3: $1500
Group 4: $2000

Customer gets moved up automatically and unlocks benefits/discounts etc.
interesting concept.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by i2Paq » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Daniel wrote: I can alter the coupon system so you can select the coupons to work on all the products in a category. is that ok?

featured and related products you don't need it because it only requires a few products.
Looks OK to me! :)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by dannyfoo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 am

Just installed v1.5.0.3 and I've uploaded 2 new banners after the default Samsung. Renamed them Banner 1 (Samsung), Banner 2 (Cheese) and Banner 3 (Red chair).

But the slideshow loads; Banner 3, Banner 1 then Banner 2.

Advice on how-to make the banner load in order would be very helpful. Thanks. :)

Post by rlec » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:30 am

What files do I need to update on my FTP to ensure that I get the 1.5.0.5 version without erasing all of the products and categories I've loaded so far (currently using 1.5.0.4 on my test server)? How do I preserve my efforts to date? Lehman's terms please - I'm not a computer guru by any means... Thank you!

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:34 am

rlec wrote:What files do I need to update on my FTP to ensure that I get the 1.5.0.5 version without erasing all of the products and categories I've loaded so far (currently using 1.5.0.4 on my test server)? How do I preserve my efforts to date? Lehman's terms please - I'm not a computer guru by any means... Thank you!
you upload all files but config.php and admin/config.php
all your products and categories are stored in the db and will remain as long as you don't overwrite the config.php or admin/config.php which contain all the database connection information.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US