Post by d1uluv2h8 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:20 pm

If you decide to upgrade ckeditor to 3.2.1, there is a small change that has to be made to:
admin/view/template/common/filemanager.tpl

on line 201 change this:

Code: Select all

window.opener.CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(1, '<?php echo $directory; ?>' + $(this).attr('file'));
to

window.opener.CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(2, '<?php echo $directory; ?>' + $(this).attr('file'));
Also, don't forget to copy over config.js from the old ckeditor dir, and please add this configuration variable to it:

config.image_previewText = '&nbsp;';
to get rid of that lorem ipsum text in the image dialog preview.

Post by Benm » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 pm

rph wrote:I guess I'm just not seeing this as a priority versus the other things the manpower could be devoted to. Remove the source and call it a day, I say.
I'd agree on that. Sure, its a bit of a resource hog, but it does what it's supposed to do reasonably well in most cases. And if it doesnt, you can always modify the html source manually.

Location - Netherlands

Post by Johnathan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 am

Benm wrote:Sure, its a bit of a resource hog, but it does what it's supposed to do reasonably well in most cases. And if it doesnt, you can always modify the html source manually.
I do agree with that, except that when I tried to add -moz-box-shadow and -webkit-box-shadow styles in the source, it erased them when saving. So it won't always do exactly what you want. Maybe that's fixed in a newer version.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Benm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 pm

It might lose certain tags when you switch from source/html to wysiwyg viewing. If you really need to, you could even go as far as editing the html source code directly on the database (using phpmyadmin or something like that).

Most product descriptions will probably be rather simple html, perhaps an image here or there, some bullet lists etc. It's mostly the main page that requires some work.

Location - Netherlands

Post by Johnathan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:59 am

Benm wrote:It might lose certain tags when you switch from source/html to wysiwyg viewing. If you really need to, you could even go as far as editing the html source code directly on the database (using phpmyadmin or something like that).

Most product descriptions will probably be rather simple html, perhaps an image here or there, some bullet lists etc. It's mostly the main page that requires some work.
Yeah, I've considered doing that, but it seems like such a hassle. I'd much rather have an editor that works with any tags I want to put in the source.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by PetracheNicolae » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:46 am

Qphoria wrote:Its all the same. They all have the same functionality. It just comes down to which editor spits out more garbage code.
hello. you say that they are all the same. actualy they are not. after me. as long as i have the code of a webpage from magento editor and i add it to any editor and it looks and save fine, olso in opencart editor after i add the code and check it it looks fine but after save i end up with broken layout or part of the text gone...it is a problem with opencart itself or the editor it uses.

Post by PetracheNicolae » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:54 am

http://www.immense.net/update-version-c ... -opencart/

to update the ckeditor. very simple

Post by webpie it. » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:17 am

Really excellent article posted above, really handy, copying from word and pasting is something all my clienrs do as this new version solves this!

Thanks man

Regards

Chris

Post by opencart-templates » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:38 am

Upgrade to latest version of CKeditor and delete the 2 extra themes and languages. The image manager currently works nicely with the CKeditor.

Advanced Professional Email Template
Customers Pre-Sale. Inc abandoned cart email
Order Follow-Up Email. Inc request review
Email Validation with ZeroBounce

Location - UK

Post by PetracheNicolae » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:51 pm

opencart-templates wrote:Upgrade to latest version of CKeditor and delete the 2 extra themes and languages. The image manager currently works nicely with the CKeditor.
this is not realy a solution. i have romanian and english as languages and intend to keep both, olso i have another template purchsed so not the default template used.

Post by Rabbitdigital » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Is there any way to set the default in CKEditor for each time it opens to 'Source' instead of the 'WYSIWIG' which adds all kinds of stupid extra tags where they are not wanted :-\

Thanks
Warren

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 pm

Rabbitdigital wrote:Is there any way to set the default in CKEditor for each time it opens to 'Source' instead of the 'WYSIWIG' which adds all kinds of stupid extra tags where they are not wanted :-\

Thanks
Warren
You are better off just removing ckeditor all together if you don't want wysiwyg.. SOURCE mode is just like no editor at all.

Administrator

Post by clapiana » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:45 pm

ckeditor doesnt work on an ipad does any of these others mentioned above?

Post by webpie it. » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:05 pm

If you decide to upgrade ckeditor to 3.2.1, there is a small change that has to be made to:
admin/view/template/common/filemanager.tpl

on line 201 change this:
CODE: SELECT ALL
window.opener.CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(1, '<?php echo $directory; ?>' + $(this).attr('file'));

to
window.opener.CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(2, '<?php echo $directory; ?>' + $(this).attr('file'));

Also, don't forget to copy over config.js from the old ckeditor dir, and please add this configuration variable to it:

config.image_previewText = '&nbsp;';

to get rid of that lorem ipsum text in the image dialog preview.

The fix at the top worked a treat when i updated!

Thanks

Regards

Chris

Post by Petrache Nicolae » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Qphoria wrote:
Rabbitdigital wrote:Is there any way to set the default in CKEditor for each time it opens to 'Source' instead of the 'WYSIWIG' which adds all kinds of stupid extra tags where they are not wanted :-\

Thanks
Warren
You are better off just removing ckeditor all together if you don't want wysiwyg.. SOURCE mode is just like no editor at all.
any plans to replace the editor with another one or a newer version in the opencart 1.5.2? thanks

Post by labeshops » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 pm

peteVA wrote:
rph wrote: I was once paying $40 for 40MB hard drives (Conner CP40 i think it was). Now you can get 1,000 times that for about twice the price. Storage and bandwidth are inconsequential.
lol okay, now I feel old. My first hard drive was 20mb for my Amiga 2000 and was something like $200!

Personally, I would like to be able to turn any editor off since I never use them and prefer to use source to do my own code. I had deleted fckeditor completely from my former cart and it was great not having to wait for it to load to add or edit a product.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Petrache Nicolae » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:08 am

Qphoria wrote:Its all the same. They all have the same functionality. It just comes down to which editor spits out more garbage code.
No ofense, but you and Daniel and a few others (the ones that do know how to add the text and layout directly in source mode) see just one face of the coin. The majority of us do not know this so adding a product via the editor is great. NEW VS OLD - the new one offers more functios for instance?
Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg (157.84 KiB) Viewed 4723 times

Have you asked how many of those who buy themes or modules or download and use opencart are realy developers? i belive that few. The majority are simple users like me who wants the best of opencart. Problem is that you do not realise this.
So many users asked for certain fixes in opencart and no point on telling how daniel responded to those...
To give an example. Image manager. By default is so small in size. If you have 2000 products organised each in a folder and each folder with 4-6 images how much do you think it would take you or anyone to add them in opencart? Just to navigate to the folder you need sucks just to start over if you add the second image from the same folder becouse it doesn't remember last position.
MODIFIED IMAGE MANAGER VS ORIGINAL
Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg (415.75 KiB) Viewed 4723 times

There is no Import Export function for products in opencart so you may try your luck by purchasing diferent import export modules that may or may not work or start adding one by one. Try to add you or Daniel 2000 products by your untouched opencart. You would not add 300 without adjusting opencart.

The forum is full of certain solutions to make the work with opencart better, but in vain. No response from Daniel except that these are mods and he doesn't have time for them so "stop wasting my time" like he sais. At least you do a better job by helping so many users with the problems they encounter.
So what can i say. Opencart is great but could be so easy greater if you aply some of the solutions (optimisations) that we, the users, propose.

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:41 am

Petrache Nicolae wrote:<snip>
What? I honestly didn't follow any of what you said. You want an improved editor for themes? ???

Administrator

Post by Petrache Nicolae » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:55 am

Qphoria wrote:
Petrache Nicolae wrote:<snip>
What? I honestly didn't follow any of what you said. You want an improved editor for themes? ???
ok.
1.replace the editor with the new version -for us, morons, who do not know to use source editor
2. increase size of image manager window as proposed by others- see the images for the diference
3. add a product import export function
and so on. forum is full of problems regarding workflow optimisations in use of opencart and in many cases you provided solutions for users.

may i ask if you personaly made a website in wich you loaded 300+ products with several images for each product, product by product? you would realised why i ask this.

from where you arrived to this - You want an improved editor for themes? - only you know. i didn't say such thing.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Petrache Nicolae wrote: may i ask if you personaly made a website in wich you loaded 300+ products with several images for each product, product by product? you would realised why i ask this.
Images should really be uploaded via FTP, much faster and simpler. Then product data can easily be uploaded via the Export/Import tool.

The CKEditor can easily be configured in admin/view/javascript/ckeditor/config.js.

It would only take a simple Google search to find it all.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member