Post by dmbrownfield » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:55 am

I have searched for both "Powered by" and "Simple Scripts" and am getting 0 returns. I KNOW there were multiple questions in the forum before this new format.
What I need to know is: what file do I access to edit these two areas on my home page?

Thanks !!

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:19 am

catalog/langage/common/home.php

Administrator

Post by jty » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:02 pm

dmbrownfield wrote:I have searched for both "Powered by" and "Simple Scripts" and am getting 0 returns. I KNOW there were multiple questions in the forum before this new format.
Version 0.7.9 and 1.x are now found on different forums.
For 0.7.9 support, go to forum.opencart0.com

This forum is for 1.x

jty

Post by dmbrownfield » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 am

I just now tried searching in the 0.x forum and it is not working. I searched for a word that was on the page on my screen and the search request came back with zero hits.

P.S. And yes, I am aware of the two forums for versions 1.x and 0.x but since I can't get search to work
on either forum, what difference does it make where I post?

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 am

what are you searching for? You want to find out where to edit the "powered by opencart" message? Have you donated to remove :)

oddly, I searched right from the main search box on the opencart 0.x forums and got many hits.

And ... omg look at that... the 5th one down... could that be it?!
Can I start a thread called "dmbrownfield problem" :P

Administrator

Post by dmbrownfield » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:16 am

We have a big misunderstanding here. I do NOT want to remove either the reference to OpenCart or SimpleScripts. I wanted to change something on my home page, but it is something that is linked up somewhere other than the home.php file. Rather than bother anyone by posting a new topic, I was simply trying to search both forums using these two phrases because I remember reading previous posts that referred to the file I think I need to change. That is all I was trying to do - I surely didn't mean to tick off anyone. Just can't figure out why I can't find topics I remember reading about in the past.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:20 am

So none of those topics were the ones you wanted? Perhaps you have the wrong search terms?

Why not ask how to change what you want

Administrator

Post by dmbrownfield » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 am

ok -
what I want to change are the category names under the Information column on my home page

Thanks.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:09 am

You mean things like :

About Us
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Contact Us
Site Map

Its in the admin under Catalog->Information

Administrator

Post by nde » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:31 am

I think all editable content should be grouped in the backend, maybe in a section called content or CMS. Right now it's in various places and some links in the info box are hard coded, some are generated.

nde

Post by dmbrownfield » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 am

Thanks nde for getting at what I was having a hard time expressing: what file do I edit to change "Contact Us"
under the Information column? That is not accessible using the catalog Admin.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:17 am

in 1.x
\catalog\language\english\module\information.php

in 0.x
\catalog\language\english\extension\module\information.php

See... there's a trend

Take a look at the highlevel breakdown of OpenCart's structure:
1.x: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... del#p15764
0.x: http://forum.opencart0.com/index.php/topic,2547.0.html

Once you get a quick understanding of the basics, you should have no problem finding what you are looking for.

Also take the time to get a good free text editor like PSPad or Notepad++. They all have a "Search in Files" option that you can quickly search through all files within a subdir for words like "contact us"

Administrator