Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:57 am

OSWorX wrote:
opencartisalright wrote:Reason i'm asking is because i'm contemplating buying an SVN client software for like $50, and before I spend the money I just wanna know if we will have access to the SVN for the long term...

Thanks
Do not know why you have to buy something: http://tortoisesvn.net/
Because I use a Mac, so I can't use an SVN client for windows...I don't have Parallels.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:02 am

celestial wrote:
opencartisalright wrote:I just have a question regarding the SVN.

After all the major bugs have been squashed (maybe around version 1.5.1 or 1.5.2), are we still going to have access to the SVN? Or will we only have access to each point release as you release them?

Reason i'm asking is because i'm contemplating buying an SVN client software for like $50, and before I spend the money I just wanna know if we will have access to the SVN for the long term...

Thanks
This is for Free

http://www.rapidsvn.org/download/release/0.12/
Is it the same software as this?

http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/

Post by SapporoGuy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:08 am

Yeah, that looks like the one.

IF you have an copy of XP laying around, you can also install virtualbox (free).
New icore7 macbook pros can't use 32byte xp in bootcamp but vmware handles the issue just fine.

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by scott23 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:18 am

opencartisalright wrote:Because I use a Mac, so I can't use an SVN client for windows...I don't have Parallels.
Rapidsvn has a Mac version also.

Scott

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:28 am

Not sure if this is just me, or if it's a bug, but when I move all of my modules over to the right hand side column on the category page, the middle column doesn't expand to fit the page, it just stays put in the middle as if there are some phantom columns on the left hand side that are blocking it...

Can anyone confirm this?

Post by scott23 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:53 am

opencartisalright wrote:Not sure if this is just me, or if it's a bug, but when I move all of my modules over to the right hand side column on the category page, the middle column doesn't expand to fit the page, it just stays put in the middle as if there are some phantom columns on the left hand side that are blocking it...

Can anyone confirm this?

Working fine on my page.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:31 am

scott23 wrote:
opencartisalright wrote:Not sure if this is just me, or if it's a bug, but when I move all of my modules over to the right hand side column on the category page, the middle column doesn't expand to fit the page, it just stays put in the middle as if there are some phantom columns on the left hand side that are blocking it...

Can anyone confirm this?

Working fine on my page.
Are you using Firefox? I'm using FF 4.0.1 and the middle column won't expand left if all my modules are on the right hand side on the category page, however it will expand right if all my modules are on the left hand side.

Really strange...
category-page-layout-error.jpg

category-page-layout-error.jpg (86.18 KiB) Viewed 3754 times

Last edited by opencartisalright on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:41 am

I'm enabling the latest module on the home page with 8 products, and the layout is all screwy.
layout-module-error.jpg

layout-module-error.jpg (58.91 KiB) Viewed 3758 times

Post by celestial » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:41 am

opencartisalright wrote:
celestial wrote:
opencartisalright wrote:I just have a question regarding the SVN.

After all the major bugs have been squashed (maybe around version 1.5.1 or 1.5.2), are we still going to have access to the SVN? Or will we only have access to each point release as you release them?

Reason i'm asking is because i'm contemplating buying an SVN client software for like $50, and before I spend the money I just wanna know if we will have access to the SVN for the long term...

Thanks
This is for Free

http://www.rapidsvn.org/download/release/0.12/
Is it the same software as this?

http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/
Yes and super free too

Celestial - Martín Abel Rosales
WhatsApp: 50671482211
Email: martinrosales2012@hotmail.com
San José , Costa Rica

Expert Member

Location - Costa Rica

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:45 am

opencartisalright wrote:I'm enabling the latest module on the home page with 8 products, and the layout is all screwy.
layout-module-error.jpg
yeah the product modules when put on the homepage can become a bit messed up if you have long product names that move onto two lines. I just messed with it for a second. I'm sure it's something you could work out with some css tweaking.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:56 am

Xsecrets wrote:yeah the product modules when put on the homepage can become a bit messed up if you have long product names that move onto two lines. I just messed with it for a second. I'm sure it's something you could work out with some css tweaking.
The featured module seems to be working correctly on the home page even with long product titles. It's just the Latest module i'm having troubles with.

I'd prefer not to have to mess with CSS if I didn't have to.

Post by fritzelly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 am

I'm finding that jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js is killing IE8, after what seems to be the page load IE8 then becomes unusable for 20-25 secs, and moving to another window (not within IE) and then back to IE will crash it, I dont have the problem in FF or Chrome. Removing the line from the header resolves the problem.
Apart from that Great Job

Post by kedgetech » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Folks we are missing the code to load helper classes. If i am not wrong we might have missed this since 1.5.0.x. in system\engine\loader.php [public function helper($helper)].

Thanks.

Location - USA, Australia, India

Post by OSWorX » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:28 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
OSWorX wrote:
opencartisalright wrote:Reason i'm asking is because i'm contemplating buying an SVN client software for like $50, and before I spend the money I just wanna know if we will have access to the SVN for the long term...

Thanks
Do not know why you have to buy something: http://tortoisesvn.net/
Because I use a Mac, so I can't use an SVN client for windows...I don't have Parallels.
Than this: http://www.versionsapp.com/ (and is cheaper)

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Daniel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:37 pm

kedgetech wrote:Folks we are missing the code to load helper classes. If i am not wrong we might have missed this since 1.5.0.x. in system\engine\loader.php [public function helper($helper)].

Thanks.

its not a bug its something i don;t use anymore. use models instead.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by aturbide » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:32 pm

fritzelly wrote:I'm finding that jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js is killing IE8, after what seems to be the page load IE8 then becomes unusable for 20-25 secs, and moving to another window (not within IE) and then back to IE will crash it, I dont have the problem in FF or Chrome. Removing the line from the header resolves the problem.
Apart from that Great Job

Don't have any issues with IE8 and opencart here.

Post by f00dmonsta » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:21 pm

I suppose my post got lost or I forgot to click submit:

Layout isn't working as intended or I'm misunderstanding it's use:

'Home' Layout:
- common/home

'Account' Layout:
- account

'All' Layout: (I created this)
- common/home
- account

Homepage loses modules that were put under 'Home' layout, but has the modules put under 'All'.
Account page(s) remains the same, showing modules under 'Account' layout, while not showing the modules under 'All'.

Post by George Mason » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Maybe not a bug but when I change error_reporting(E_ALL); to error_reporting(E_ALL ^ (E_NOTICE | E_WARNING)); in startup.php, the notices and warning will stay on top of the screen.

Post by Daniel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:45 pm

f00dmonsta wrote:I suppose my post got lost or I forgot to click submit:

Layout isn't working as intended or I'm misunderstanding it's use:

'Home' Layout:
- common/home

'Account' Layout:
- account

'All' Layout: (I created this)
- common/home
- account

Homepage loses modules that were put under 'Home' layout, but has the modules put under 'All'.
Account page(s) remains the same, showing modules under 'Account' layout, while not showing the modules under 'All'.

ask your questions under general support and not the the 1.5.0.3 bug thread. if you create one layout using the same route and then another layout only one of the layouts you create can be used.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:42 am

I just released 1.5.0.4

new bug thread is here:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=33734

getting less and less bugs now. hopefully i can start the doing the fun stuff soon and start creating new features.

OpenCart®

Administrator