Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:25 pm

daniel1 wrote:Bug: Banners not disabling.

I tried to disable the defaul't samsung tab banner however its still show. Using the latest version.

Daniel1
Are you talking about the slideshow banner? If so you have to disable it under extensions ---> modules ---> slideshow.

Post by daniel1 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
daniel1 wrote:Bug: Banners not disabling.

I tried to disable the defaul't samsung tab banner however its still show. Using the latest version.

Daniel1
Are you talking about the slideshow banner? If so you have to disable it under extensions ---> modules ---> slideshow.
Yes the one that has Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1
only $199.99

coming soon!
samsung galaxy tab

edit: My bad I just discovered the slideshow section.

Daniel1

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Hey Daniel,

The ajax autocomplete in the admin panel works in some places (like entering dates), but in certain places it's really not ideal in practice.

For example, if I have one category with 100 products under it and I want to create a coupon for all of those products I have to type each product one by one to add them to the coupon. Now imagine if I have 10 categories with 100 products under each of them and I want to add all of them to a coupon! That's 1,000 times I have to type in each product just to add them to 1 coupon, and imagine if I want to create 5 different coupons! You can see the point.

Ajax autocomplete might be all new and shiny, but it's really tedious to add multiple products to any list (coupon, featured, related items, etc.) The old drop down menu in 1.4 might not be beautiful, but it is much more functional because I can ctrl click multiple products and add them to the list at once.

Is there any chance you could bring back the drop down menus in the admin to make our lives a little bit easier? ;)

OC 1.5 add products to lists with ajax autocomplete (very tedious)
Ajax Autocomplete Tedious.png

Ajax Autocomplete Tedious.png (19.58 KiB) Viewed 3483 times

Last edited by opencartisalright on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by aturbide » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:52 pm

opencartisalright wrote:Hey Daniel,

The ajax autocomplete in the admin panel works in some places (like entering dates), but in certain places it's really not ideal in practice.

For example, when I have one category with 100 products under it, if I want to create a coupon for those products I have to type each product one by one to add them to the coupon. Imagine if I have 10 categories with 100 products under each of them and I want to add all of them to a coupon! That's 1,000 times I have to type in each product just to add them to 1 coupon, and imagine if I want to create 5 different coupons! You can see the point.

Ajax autocomplete might be all new and shiny, but it's really tedious to add multiple products to any list (coupon, featured, etc.) The old drop down menu in 1.4 might not be beautiful, but it is much more functional because I can ctrl click multiple products and add them to the list at once.

Is there any chance you could bring back the drop down menus in the admin to make our lives a little bit easier? ;)
I can agree with this. Anything that involves a lot of one to many selections might best be served that way or perhaps an option that lets users choose which method they prefer.

Post by Blnukem » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:12 pm

For example, when I have one category with 100 products under it, if I want to create a coupon for those products I have to type each product one by one to add them to the coupon. Imagine if I have 10 categories with 100 products under each of them and I want to add all of them to a coupon! That's 1,000 times I have to type in each product just to add them to 1 coupon, and imagine if I want to create 5 different coupons! You can see the point.

Ajax autocomplete might be all new and shiny, but it's really tedious to add multiple products to any list (coupon, featured, etc.) The old drop down menu in 1.4 might not be beautiful, but it is much more functional because I can ctrl click multiple products and add them to the list at once.

OC 1.5 add products to lists with ajax autocomplete (very tedious)
Ajax Autocomplete Tedious.png
I agree 100% Shopping carts are confusing enough for "new owners" to learn, let along asking them to "MAYBE" guess what should be there. If anywhere this feature should be on the "search" on the actual site.
Last edited by Blnukem on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by naz_eg » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:26 pm

I agree with him too. This's useless when creating a coupon or adding simular products. There should be better way to make this.

Post by Blnukem » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Also "Subtract Stock" should have a set default "Set value" under System-> Setting

Post by Top » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Daniel wrote:
Top wrote:I don't receive any confirmation mails (Neither as a webmaster nor a customer)
It worked perfectly fine in the previous versions, and I've done a clean install, and tried the solution below.
tghasemi wrote:Bug: OpenCart 1.5.0 does not send the order confirmation email to the customer. For some odd reasons it does not through an exception and exist in "system/library/template.php" line 21.

Cause: "/catalog/model/checkout/order.php" line 368 : $html = $template->fetch('default/template/checkout/mail/order.tpl') is not a valid path

Fix: change it to : $html = $template->fetch('default/template/mail/order.tpl');

I have fixed this in svn.
I have now uploaded all the files from the svn, but I still don't get any e-mails. (Firefox, Windows Vista 32bit)

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Top wrote:I have now uploaded all the files from the svn, but I still don't get any e-mails. (Firefox, Windows Vista 32bit)
Do your mail settings look like this? And have you re-installed your database too?
Mail Settings 1.png

Mail Settings 1.png (17.12 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

Mail Settings 2.png

Mail Settings 2.png (15.7 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

Post by Top » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Yeah clean install of database.

I can't access my admin central after I uploaded the admin folder (Keeping old config) from svn - I just get "Invalid token session. Please login again."

Post by QNAP » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:09 pm

opencartisalright

Have you tested the Newsletter function under Sales/Mail ? If yes, does it work?
I`m on Default Settings on OC 1.5.0 and I am not able to get Newsletter to work.
Last edited by QNAP on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Top wrote:I can't access my admin central after I uploaded the admin folder (Keeping old config) from svn - I just get "Invalid token session. Please login again."
Try SVN r365. I couldn't log into my admin with SVN r364 but r365 seemed to fix it.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:19 pm

QNAP wrote:opencartisalright

Have you tested the Newsletter function under Sales/Mail ? If yes, does it work?
I`m on Default Settings on OC 1.5.0 and I am not able to get Newsletter to work.
I just tested it. It's working for me. :)

Did you enable the customer to receive newsletters?

Post by Top » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
Top wrote:I can't access my admin central after I uploaded the admin folder (Keeping old config) from svn - I just get "Invalid token session. Please login again."
Try SVN r365. I couldn't log into my admin with SVN r364 but r365 seemed to fix it.
Isn't r365 just a single file?

I'm a bit new to this svn stuff.

I just transferred everything from the svn admin folder except the config.php.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Top wrote:Isn't r365 just a single file?
Yeah but that single file apparently caused me not to be able to log into admin. I was just getting a white screen when I tried to log in. After I updated to SVN r365 my admin worked again. :)

Post by Top » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:31 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
Top wrote:Isn't r365 just a single file?
Yeah but that single file apparently caused me not to be able to log into admin. I was just getting a white screen when I tried to log in. After I updated to SVN r365 my admin worked again. :)
I'm afraid my problem isn't just a white page.

I get the login page, but even though my password etc. is all correct, it just reloads and gives me the "Invalid token session. Please login again." message.

I must have done something wrong, but I don't know what. :( Do I have to change something in the database when uploading the admin folder? Or should it all just work perfectly granted I have set the config.php? Because it doesn't :(

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Top wrote:I'm afraid my problem isn't just a white page.

I get the login page, but even though my password etc. is all correct, it just relaods and gives me the "Invalid token session. Please login again." message.
Are you blocking all cookies in your internet settings?
Top wrote:Do I have to change something in the database when uploading the admin folder? Or should it all just work perfectly granted I have set the config.php? Because it oesn't :(
You only have to change something in the db when Daniel updates it, but I don't think there have been any db changes in awhile. Not sure which SVN version was the last db change.

It should work if you've re-uploaded all your files (minus the two config files) and your db is the current version. What about your .htaccess file? Is your store in your root or in a subfolder? Have you edited the .htaccess file accordingly?

Post by QNAP » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Strange, yes, the customer is enabled to receive newsletters, it's NOT working for me though?

Post by dmsyazilim » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:45 pm

dmsyazilim wrote:After the 1.5 version of the store on the server by clicking OpenCart 3-4 Adding IP address is blacklisted.

This issue has come up with a new version of the other previous versions, this error did not.

Waiting for help from you.

You can control.

http://www.dmsmarket.com/market

Daniel
Will not you help me.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:51 pm

QNAP wrote:Strange, yes, the customer is enabled to receive newsletters, it's NOT working for me though?
Don't know what to tell you other than make sure it's not getting delivered to the spam folder.