Post by Statix » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:29 am

Hey all.
I have been using opencart for a while now and I am very pleased with all that it can do.
One question though, is there a way to set up a customer membergroup mod for the cart so that specific membergroups can be VAT EXEMPT?

I really need this mod if its possible.

Thanks for your time.
Statix

Location - Kidderminster

Post by SubwaySteve » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:03 am

Hi Guys, this feature would be great to have different customer groups. We were tinkering with the idea of having different prices displayed for products when particular customer group logs in to the website as this would be most useful for when you have dealers visiting your site (that way they see dealer prices instead of the retail prices and can order directly off your same web shop as your retail customers). No idea how to do it as I can't program this stuff but if anyone can develop such a module for the final release of Opencart V1.x that would be great.

Post by iloveopencart » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:14 pm

I just upload a contribution that allows you to assign customers to a particular group so you can set special tax rates and discounts for your customers. Get it here: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... tion_id=98

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by Statix » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Can I be a bit picky.. :P
Is there anyway you could upgrade your mod to the latest version of opencart's structure?
I believe its version 1.2.2.

I love what you have done Jason, and thank you for all your hard work.
Please get back to me asap :)

Thanks in advance.

Location - Kidderminster

Post by iloveopencart » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi Statix,

Actualy, I already did when v1.2.0 came out. I just tested a fresh install on v1.2.2 and it works just fine. You can download it here: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=212.

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by Statix » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:01 am

ok Jason that seems to work great.

Now, I dont wish to keep giving you work, but is there any chance you can modify this so that you can select the products to be VAT EXEMPT??

Only certain products are vat exempt you see, it would be a great help.
Thanks for this great mod :)

Hope to hear back from you.

Location - Kidderminster

Post by iloveopencart » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:05 am

Hi Statix,

I'm not sure I'm understanding your request. If a product is VAT EXAMPT, that can be set in the product editor. Then you would just set the customer group to VAT EXEMPT. Can you explain what it is you're trying to do in more detail?

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ