Post by jomeza001 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:07 am

Hi there all. I'm wondering if there is a mod that will let me input a cost value for each product i have in my inventory. As a re-seller... most of the products i will be selling will be incurring in a shipping-2-me-cost. Then i will be re-selling to mexico. The prices from my vendors will most likely remain the same. But with cost of fuel raising every day... shipping will be fluctuating on a regular basis.

So i would like to input the cost of the product (1.4.9.5 already do this) AND cost of shipping-2-me cost. Therefor the Price would have to be an automatic result of the sum of both of these variables.

Anyone?

Post by fabioDexus » Thu May 19, 2011 7:52 am

don't know if there is an ready module for that but i guess that you can make a new shipping method and just activate it.

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 19, 2011 7:58 am

First off, I recommend Dropshipping to avoid this.
Anyway, will this cost just be for your own private use? or will it be needed for other things?
You could just use the "cost" field or the "location" field if you aren't using those as those are both general fields with no current linking (tho maybe for some 3rd party mods)

Administrator

Post by jomeza001 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:17 am

Thanks for the replies.

Actually i need a total of THREE INPUT variables to be linked:

A = My Cost_Variable (where this is the price i pay for the product)
B = shipping-2-me cost_Variable (where this is the shipping cost i pay for this product)
C = Profit percentage_Variable (where this s what i want to make as a profit over variable A)

Final price would have to be the sum of A+B*(1+C) and this result will be displayed as the price for the consumer.

Yes i need to be able to admin the cost and shipping cost i'll pay for every product i will be re-selling.

Post by fabioDexus » Thu May 19, 2011 9:40 am

This seems to me as something pretty especific, i guess you can make a extension with it, i will do some experimentation with product customization in the following days, if i discover an easy way to do something like that i'll let you know

Post by jomeza001 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks. Yes this seems to be something very specific as of right now but could be the beginning of a very useful mod to get Sales report with profit results.

Keep me posted.
-JM

Post by fabioDexus » Sun May 22, 2011 1:38 am

I was thinking about your problem and the only thing you want is to automatically manage the final price trough these variables? You cnat put the shipping-2-me under cost also ?

Post by jomeza001 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:27 am

Yes you are right. That's what i would like to do. Obviously i can just add the shipping cost + Product cost within the same variable "COST". but i need to track what the fluctuating shipping cost is on a monthly basis. Like in my first post said, my vendors prices will remain the same all year. However this is not the case as for shipping costs. Due to the gas prices rocketing, shipping is constantly raising and even when i'm not planning to update my prices every week... i would like to update shipping costs on a monthly basis.

It's always easy to just update one variable field than having to figure out what the old shipping cost is added in that old price, then adding the new shipping cost and then, input that value just to keep doing the same procedure every month, for each product.

Did i explain myself?

Post by fabioDexus » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 am

I found some time and i am trying to make a module for composite costs(as part of a bigger module that i'm making). I will let you know if i finish it

Post by jomeza001 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:34 am

Sounds good!! O0

Post by fabioDexus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:43 am

I was working on the cost part of the module when it hits me. Opencart doesn't have a cost part does it?

Post by jomeza001 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:52 am

Do you mean like a cost Module?

Post by fabioDexus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:29 am

No. A cost field in the product table.
I browsed the DB and it seems that there isn't any native mention to a cost.

Post by FrederikLive » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:46 am

.. Reading very interestingly!

Post by jomeza001 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:07 am

fabioDexus wrote:No. A cost field in the product table.
I browsed the DB and it seems that there isn't any native mention to a cost.
Fabio.. there is a "Cost" input field on the Admin at the time you create a new product. Not sure if this is what you're talking about.

Post by fabioDexus » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:48 am

Sorry for the hiatus, got caught by my college finals. I will se that field, i am having trouble with the tabs JS dows anyone have some expertise with it?