Post by Daniel » Sat May 28, 2011 12:13 am

daza2304 wrote:Is the default theme finished with now? so i can start adding bits to it.. Thanks
yes done. just the IE6 stuff left. getting through it slowly with css hacks and jquery.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by daza2304 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:18 am

ok, great work daniel.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat May 28, 2011 12:30 am

Daniel wrote:yes done. just the IE6 stuff left. getting through it slowly with css hacks and jquery.
I thought you were just gonna add that toolbar that forces people to update their browser.

Post by rollertrol » Sat May 28, 2011 3:31 am

Hi, I have RC2 running in a sub-folder called 'catalog'. When I turn on SEO URL's I get redirected to my home page (sans CSS) if I click on certain products (that have an SEO assignment). I have not modified anything in the cart, except I changed my admin folder name, and did the basic name setup. I turned on the htaccess file but did not edit anything. It works fine if the SEO URL setting is turned off. Here is the example:

rollertrol.com/catalog/ipod_classic

Thanks, Adrian

Post by Johnathan » Sat May 28, 2011 5:18 am

The product data still needs the "Cost" field re-added (and the related "cost" column re-added to the "product" table). This is critical for anyone intending to run profit or inventory reports.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by opencartisalright » Sat May 28, 2011 6:31 am

Johnathan wrote:The product data still needs the "Cost" field re-added (and the related "cost" column re-added to the "product" table). This is critical for anyone intending to run profit or inventory reports.
I remember Q saying he was going to come up with a better way to do this. Not sure how, or when though.

Post by Daniel » Sat May 28, 2011 9:29 am

again this is a bug thread and not a feature request thread.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by jaggy » Sat May 28, 2011 10:06 am

can we separate the ie6 related issues into another thread?

let us know if we are going to start hunting for an ie6 issues -- at this moment, lot's of bugs appears on ie6

Location - Philippines

Post by i2Paq » Sat May 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Daniel wrote:again this is a bug thread and not a feature request thread.
I agree, but: The cost field was there in the 1.4.x-series, so why has it been removed in 1.5?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by daza2304 » Sat May 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Not sure if its a bug, i tried changing the banners and nothing shows up on the frontend, i created a new directory called banners, made sure permissions was set correctly, uploaded images to that folder through image manager in backend, and nothing shows up on the store front.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat May 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Daniel wrote:just fixed this. will upload in a bit.
Still not working.
Affiliate Error 1.png

Affiliate Error 1.png (16.95 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

Will bring you to this screen.
Affiliate Error 3.png

Affiliate Error 3.png (27.02 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

Post by allenshea » Sat May 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Still got the BUG in Download, not sure when will be fixed.

we have free download and payable items in store, free download set in pending.

If clients place order with free download items and payable items, we can not change the order state from pending to others, or clients can not download free items anymore.

why not change this to multi-selected as we have discussed before?

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by QNAP » Sat May 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, I want to insert a table in the text description.
Table seems to fail when Center Justify function applied.
Looks like something happens when to center the text in the last column

Post by Daniel » Sat May 28, 2011 5:48 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Daniel wrote:again this is a bug thread and not a feature request thread.
I agree, but: The cost field was there in the 1.4.x-series, so why has it been removed in 1.5?

because it was the wrong way of doing things. every time you change that field you skew all the reports that were based on the old cost value.

usign a stock table would have been the right way of doing it. you can then work out how much profit you get on each batch of stock.

I did not want stuff like cost fields going into opencart nor maximum order Qty. They were never on the roadmap. There are a lot better features such as adding more reports, etc.. that I would prefer people helping me with.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sat May 28, 2011 5:51 pm

daza2304 wrote:Not sure if its a bug, i tried changing the banners and nothing shows up on the frontend, i created a new directory called banners, made sure permissions was set correctly, uploaded images to that folder through image manager in backend, and nothing shows up on the store front.
it works. try playing around with it a bit more.

have you tried updating the banners from he banner page? also alter the modules.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by QNAP » Sat May 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Daniel
Why do all new products by default even get in submenu Special ?
Very tedious to have to delete it every time we add a new article into the system.

Do not know if this has been discussed previously, why does new orders get by Default Order Status: Complete ? It does not make any sense. It should get Status Pending.

Please verify the Reorder feature working properly. I have tried to use the function by pressing the button but nothing happens.
Last edited by QNAP on Sat May 28, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by opencartisalright » Sat May 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Still not there yet Daniel, but almost...
Affiliate Error 1.png

Affiliate Error 1.png (16.95 KiB) Viewed 3873 times

Will take you to this screen
Affiliate Error 4.png

Affiliate Error 4.png (15.55 KiB) Viewed 3873 times

And yes, I checked my permissions and every single box is checked under Access and Modify.

Post by ohalex » Sat May 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Daniel wrote:
daza2304 wrote:Is the default theme finished with now? so i can start adding bits to it.. Thanks
yes done...
It`s a pity. :'( . So the thread http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20020 1.5.0 Template Discussion is to close. No Ideas accepted?

Post by daza2304 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Daniel wrote:
daza2304 wrote:Not sure if its a bug, i tried changing the banners and nothing shows up on the frontend, i created a new directory called banners, made sure permissions was set correctly, uploaded images to that folder through image manager in backend, and nothing shows up on the store front.
it works. try playing around with it a bit more.

have you tried updating the banners from he banner page? also alter the modules.
It works just me being blonde, but adding options to a product will not work at all, i put the option name and cant add it.

Post by opencartisalright » Sun May 29, 2011 12:35 am

I just filled out the Returns Form as a customer, and I didn't get any alert e-mail or message that let me know i have a pending Return waiting.

How am I supposed to remember to check the returns section if I don't get any alert e-mail that I have a pending return?