Post by buckmajor » Thu May 12, 2011 11:30 am

Mean! Thanks guys. I am testing 1.5.0 on my localhost. Features and the new theme looks awesome. If I wanted to use Opencart now, am I better off downloading the full version of 1.4.9 and then upgrade to a higher version after 1.5.0?

I appreciate the advice
CHEERS :)

http://www.dmaireroa.com


New member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 am
Location - Brisbane

Post by i2Paq » Thu May 12, 2011 4:57 pm

buckmajor wrote:If I wanted to use Opencart now, am I better off downloading the full version of 1.4.9 and then upgrade to a higher version after 1.5.0?
Have you read the FIRT POST of this topic?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by ehandelsfabriken » Thu May 12, 2011 7:35 pm

I have searched this OpenCart v1.5.0 thread but without result. Will there be no support for a customer selectable invoice payment option during checkout in OpenCart v1.5.0? I mean, yes we can print out an invoice for every order in the backend. But is there no way to give the customer the option to select payment by invoice during checkout? They need to leave their SSN during checkout of course.

I'm using OpenCart 1.5.1.3


New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 12, 2011 9:42 pm

ehandelsfabriken wrote:I have searched this OpenCart v1.5.0 thread but without result. Will there be no support for a customer selectable invoice payment option during checkout in OpenCart v1.5.0? I mean, yes we can print out an invoice for every order in the backend. But is there no way to give the customer the option to select payment by invoice during checkout? They need to leave their SSN during checkout of course.
This would likely just be a custom payment mod, similar to the bank transfer, but instead of entering bank details, you enter your SSN or Business ID

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by abbde » Fri May 13, 2011 5:33 am

Hello,
I have installed opencart 1.5.0 for testing
Unfortunately,
I couldn't find any new features for the orders system and it seems like now even the edit order function is no longer available.
So again, No way to adjust order's shipping fee before payment. The order editing feature in 1.4.9.x is quite meaningless because the customer will be able to see the edited order just after payment, The Paypal payment is only possible from the shopping cart, No payment button on the invoice available on "pending"/ any other orders and the price in shopping cart is not editable. Even if I will edit a "missing" order the customer will still see the old price in shopping cart. I couldn't find any opencart extension that would allow me to add this feature. It seems like I will have to look for a different ecommerce script since this particular feature is very important for me.
In fact I thought that it would be possible to add such a simple feature quite easily, But unfortunately I was wrong.
Well, Thanks anyway, Opencart is a nice software, But I can not use it without this feature.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue May 10, 2011 12:33 am

Post by jannypan » Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 am

ve been waiting for this for AGES! Thanks to everyone who contributed - Mainly Daniel and Q :) Cheers lads.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri May 13, 2011 10:42 am

Post by cmebd » Fri May 13, 2011 12:16 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Using our SVN

I have followed instructions and got the latest (today Aus time) SVN. Within each of the folders within the upload directory is an .svn folder. Based on things I have read throughout about svn there is no mention of these folders.

Are these meant to be uploaded together together with the "recognisable" folders? Just don't want to mess up....

Cheers for any help.

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:17 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Blnukem » Fri May 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Right click on the folder and export to your local drive, when you export you will not get the .svn folders hope this helps. :)

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Post by i2Paq » Fri May 13, 2011 7:28 pm

If you use Windows 7 do a search for .SVN on these folders and delete the search result.

You will tehen have a "clean" upload structure .

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by MiguelPxt » Fri May 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi Guys

Great job vith version 1.5.0.
You are turning Opencart into the easisesy, most complete e-Commerce solution....

For the new version 1.5.0 is it posible to put a VAT / Tax Payer Nr for the Customer. This is mandatory in Europe....

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri May 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by arch72 » Sat May 14, 2011 12:26 am

hello all

not sure where we are, do we have an approx timeline for this as in

roughly when do you think the current RC1 will be completed (yes i know when all the bugs are found!)
roughly when do you think a live store will be in place; late 2nd qtr

i.e is their a chance we will have a working 1.5
real soon juneish,
medium july/aug
or next qtr sept onwards.

sorry for asking this question currently use 1.4.9.3 as live and want to plan ahead for next lot of sites based on 1.5
just want to plan ahead, hope i have the correct thread
thanks,

arch

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:00 am

Post by dony_b » Sat May 14, 2011 2:04 am

I see that there are 8 bugs/issues in google code left but not sure if they will launch it soon. I hope they will go live soon .

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 pm
Location - Boston, MA

Post by ehandelsfabriken » Sat May 14, 2011 2:33 am

In OC 1.4.9.5 I really miss the ability to add my own shipping and payment methods like invoice and/or what ever shipping option I need. Also, I think it would be great if you could specify a specific fee to each shipping and payment method. I hope this will be present in the 1.5.0 release.

I'm using OpenCart 1.5.1.3


New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by pilgrim » Sat May 14, 2011 2:59 am

dony_b wrote:I see that there are 8 bugs/issues in google code left but not sure if they will launch it soon. I hope they will go live soon .
Forgive my ignorance ... I'm OK with using SVN and google code to get the latest modded version (which I'm happily playing with) but how do I get the number of outstanding bugs / issues info

....... and sorry if this is 'off-topic' in this forum ... please don't beat me up too much

Be the change you want to see in the world


User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by dony_b » Sat May 14, 2011 3:02 am

pilgrim wrote:
dony_b wrote:I see that there are 8 bugs/issues in google code left but not sure if they will launch it soon. I hope they will go live soon .
Forgive my ignorance ... I'm OK with using SVN and google code to get the latest modded version (which I'm happily playing with) but how do I get the number of outstanding bugs / issues info

....... and sorry if this is 'off-topic' in this forum ... please don't beat me up too much

You can see it right here http://code.google.com/p/opencart/issues/list

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 pm
Location - Boston, MA

Post by pilgrim » Sat May 14, 2011 3:15 am

dony_b wrote:
pilgrim wrote:
dony_b wrote:I see that there are 8 bugs/issues in google code left but not sure if they will launch it soon. I hope they will go live soon .
Forgive my ignorance ... I'm OK with using SVN and google code to get the latest modded version (which I'm happily playing with) but how do I get the number of outstanding bugs / issues info

....... and sorry if this is 'off-topic' in this forum ... please don't beat me up too much

You can see it right here http://code.google.com/p/opencart/issues/list

Muchos Gracias

Be the change you want to see in the world


User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by Blnukem » Sat May 14, 2011 5:19 am

Anyone know how to get rid of the mega menu on top and just use left side links. cant seem to find it anywhere.

Also may be bug: log into admin-> Catalog -> Products, click "edit" on first item "Apple Cinema 30" then click "Option" boots you out of admin with bad token error.

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Post by tech.cnsb » Mon May 16, 2011 10:52 am

i2Paq wrote:If you use Windows 7 do a search for .SVN on these folders and delete the search result.

You will tehen have a "clean" upload structure .
To get a clean version, use TortoiseSVN->Export
Then get data from google code, you can get a clean version with .svn folder
Image

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Daniel » Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 pm

Blnukem wrote:Anyone know how to get rid of the mega menu on top and just use left side links. cant seem to find it anywhere.

Also may be bug: log into admin-> Catalog -> Products, click "edit" on first item "Apple Cinema 30" then click "Option" boots you out of admin with bad token error.

yuo need to wait for the page to finishing loading.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by buckmajor » Mon May 16, 2011 9:30 pm

i2Paq wrote:
buckmajor wrote:If I wanted to use Opencart now, am I better off downloading the full version of 1.4.9 and then upgrade to a higher version after 1.5.0?
Have you read the FIRT POST of this topic?
Hey 2Pac

Yes I did read the first post and do realize it is only a testing version.

Opencart Mods, can you guys add a barcode, id value, etc, module please?

Fanks ;)

http://www.dmaireroa.com


New member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 am
Location - Brisbane
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests