Post by vboyz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:08 pm

Sir

I am a opencart v0.7 user

i wish to update my site to  Version 1.1.7

how can i upgrade it ?  I have the data base of v0.7  what are the addition tables and variables that i should added to that database to use that for new version ??

hope reply soon

advance thanks

Post by CChris » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Hello!

I Think, an update is not really possible - because there elementar changes between this both versions...

But it could be a way with a special "upgrade - script" - but - this doesn't exsist yet, as far as i know.

Maybe - I can try to code one - but I'm not sure if this would work well... :-/
but this need time...

Post by Daniel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:10 am

There is no upgrade script but if you know some one who knows MySQL you can alter each of the fields manually.

1. What you would need to do is first backup the site.
2. Install the new version on a different server.
3. Open a connection to both MySQL on the web sites.
4. Go over each field with a script like phpmyadmin and manually make the same changes in your current database that is show in the new installation.
5. Delete your old site and and add the files from the 1.x version.
6.  Manually edit the config file and admin config file you have uploaded.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by vboyz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Sir i know little PhpMyAdmin  ..i have both mysql i want to know what are the new tables that should i created and deleted and edited in my old database.

i am telling this because my old database is a huge one..it is better to edit and add tables there.. it is so difficult to import it in to new database..there is lots of entries....

so..could you please help me sir.. what are the modification needed in my old database so that i can connect my old database to new scrip ?

Post by CChris » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:53 pm

you can have a look above the *.sql files in the instal directories  of open cart.

there are all CREATE TABLE commands and so u can select the tables you'll needes.
But i do not think, this is really a way to get what you wanted...

Post by vboyz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:34 pm

sir but i just want to know the modified tables . otherwise it will take a lot of time.

Post by daelsta » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:41 pm

if it's too much work for you just stay with the 0. branch  ???.

Post by CChris » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:44 pm

hm - can i have a look above your shop ?
Maybe, we'll find a way for u...

Post by Daniel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:38 pm

We are not going to tell you because its easyier for you to do a test install and compare each table next to each other.

This is simple stuff.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by vboyz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Daniel sir

I am not expert in MySql . I am just a beginner. Just starting to learn. I dont know anything more about it  :'(

Sir also my old database is a huge one .It contain more than 3 Mb .I think It will take lots of time to compare .I just tried sir. But some times the quires are have some error..really i got mad. after that only i came here to ask you this.

you are the person who created all this. So you can easily know which is the modified things. thats why i ask you.. If you can please help me sir  :'(

Post by jty » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:16 pm

vboyz wrote: Sir also my old database is a huge one .It contain more than 3 Mb .
You don't need to compare the data. Just compare the table "structures"
You can get the table structures from the install scripts as suggested above
Or you can export the database WITHOUT data using phpmyadmin
Then print it out and manually go through each table and field
Or see if something like Winmerge can be used to compare. I dont' know, just an idea.
I think It will take lots of time to compare.
Yes, it will at this point in time, until someone analyzes the differences and shares it with us.
Your options are:
1. Do it yourself
2. Wait for someone to do it, if they ever do
3. Stay with 0.7.9
4. Pay a developer to do the job for you

I am staying with 0.7.9 for this very reason.

jty

Post by CChris » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm sorry - i've had a short look above the db structures from both versions - there are made heavy changes in it - so it's a waste of time to edit the db layout manuelly for an update and the easyest way is to set the products new!

To get sure, your shop is available since this is done, you'll might setup a local server (for testing i.E.) and insert your products there.

Then you can export the complete DB and set it up to your web-store DB at your hoster.
(after you have done the normal setup or use the exportet data als the install-sql-file....

Post by ksjones » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:22 am

I have got a answer, I'm sorry.

Such vast overhauls to the table structures are a nightmare to re-map, 1 mistake and you could strip the data out of a table and lose it all or have to start again.
In PHPMyAdmin output an Excel sheet of your old data and download your images, you may be able to get hold of the INSERT codes and re-import at least prices, images, idents and categories?

Hope this helps.

K