Post by opencartisalright » Thu May 05, 2011 7:41 pm

i2Paq wrote:
msmith wrote:I've seen a new upload for 1.5.0 from yesterday. Is that RC2? Thanks.
That looks like it, although the file-stamp is from 27-04-2011
Not sure, the file stamp for me says last modified on May 4th at 4:51 p.m.

Wouldn't there have been an announcement if it was RC2?

Post by jayfkay » Thu May 05, 2011 8:15 pm

[FEATURE REQUEST]
When adding products, i would want to put in prices with or without tax (the other would be calculated accordingly)

Post by i2Paq » Thu May 05, 2011 8:24 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
i2Paq wrote:
msmith wrote:I've seen a new upload for 1.5.0 from yesterday. Is that RC2? Thanks.

I mean the files in the zip ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by reynierpm » Thu May 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Well I'm not sure but ZIP file says: "Uploaded: 26 hours ago" so maybe files inside ZIP was updated from SVN but still as RC1 and not RC2. Where I can ask questions about 1.5 release? It's not a BUG but it's related to funcionalities.

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 05, 2011 8:36 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
i2Paq wrote:

Not RC2.. Just a mistake

Administrator

Post by celestial » Thu May 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi, the products work very good but i have one question:

1. If you take a new field (whith name separator or label) and we take this value like the anothers fields in options for the products, we can use the info of this variables for separate descriptions of text input (sorry for my english), we can not group text variables is right?? only select, radio. By example i work in a optical laboratory and my info sample is:

Righ Now i use this and dont look good:

Eye Exam - Left eye - diameter:

But if we take an variable named labelx and you put the value for the 1st option the text "Eye Exam" and the 2nd option "Left Eye" and 3rd option "Right eye" like the others (input text), the difference is you put the info in the products in the admin and in the front end ONLY SHOW the variables values.

EYE EXAM

Left eye

diameter:

Left eye

diameter:

Celestial - Martín Abel Rosales
WhatsApp: 50671482211
Email: martinrosales2012@hotmail.com
San José , Costa Rica

Expert Member

Location - Costa Rica

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu May 05, 2011 11:50 pm

allenshea wrote:I've noted someone made an order from our test website, but why I can not complete the check out process?

I have tested FF 3.6.17, IE6.0, Chrome 1.4.1 on XP.
Wow! You are still using IE6? I hope the final release of 1.5.0 won't support this old browser, it is a waste of time to support IE6.

Other than that, if yours is a bug report, please post it on the bug thread! Chances are that it is already fixed in the latest SVN version.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Fri May 06, 2011 1:00 am

all IE6 bugs will be fixed in RC2. Opencart will support IE6 just like the current version does. I don;t see the point making sure it works for a 11 year old browser for development and testing purposes.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by taspro » Fri May 06, 2011 3:39 am

jayfkay wrote:[FEATURE REQUEST]
When adding products, i would want to put in prices with or without tax (the other would be calculated accordingly)
A big second this one. With Aussie GST it takes so long to add new products and check current pricing eg: Price is $ 89 inc. GST - Divide by 11 and deduct $ 8.090909 = $ 80.9090909. This was so much easier in Zencart which gave me both choices.

Post by AdamN » Fri May 06, 2011 8:37 am

gocreative wrote:6. I think the 'Login' button is redundant. If the user is not logged in, make the 'Account' button read 'Login'. If they are logged in, have it read 'Account'. Then add a text 'Logout' button somewhere (e.g. to the left of 'Home'). Just trying to save some screen real estate and less items in the primary navigation.
Agreed. This would help clean the page up a bit too.

Post by i2Paq » Fri May 06, 2011 2:31 pm

AdamN wrote:
gocreative wrote:6. I think the 'Login' button is redundant. If the user is not logged in, make the 'Account' button read 'Login'. If they are logged in, have it read 'Account'. Then add a text 'Logout' button somewhere (e.g. to the left of 'Home'). Just trying to save some screen real estate and less items in the primary navigation.
Agreed. This would help clean the page up a bit too.
Or have the Account button pop-up when logged in, that is what I have done with my template ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by thegeekz » Fri May 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can enlighten me on this..

I see one of the features in 1.5 is the Option Text fields.

I actually require to add additional fields in the product page to be seen by customers in the cart.

Does this new feature solve my issue?

If it does, then its wonderful!! Hope the version become a stable one soon!

Also, Daniel, having saw the template in a demo, I am wondering if you could make a default template that does not use Tabs?

I would prefer the Top menu to be in a straight line, like the free theme in this
http://www.yoocart.net/index.php?route= ... duct_id=49

Thank you.

No more using Apsona, as they are not updated.

• Every upgrade -- rem. 2 reinstall vqmod & mindful of modules w/ VQmod -- E.g Import / Export Tool by MHC

Post by JasonSGN » Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm

thegeekz wrote:
Also, Daniel, having saw the template in a demo, I am wondering if you could make a default template that does not use Tabs?

I would prefer the Top menu to be in a straight line, like the free theme in this

Thank you.
The tabs have been removed in the latest SVN release. The Login/Logout buttons have also been tweaked. You can view the new template on my test site here: http://www.xboxgamingnation.com/opencart/

Post by reynierpm » Fri May 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Can I login as admin in Front Store as Qphoria do before in one of his hacks? I mean it uses user login and admin password could this be possible in this version? ;)

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 06, 2011 9:20 pm

reynierpm wrote:Can I login as admin in Front Store as Qphoria do before in one of his hacks? I mean it uses user login and admin password could this be possible in this version? ;)
yes, it works a bit differently.. From the customer list in admin you can click "Login as" and it will log you in as that customer

Administrator

Post by QNAP » Sat May 07, 2011 2:34 am

The tabs have been removed in the latest SVN release. The Login/Logout buttons have also been tweaked. You can view the new template on my test site here: http://www.xboxgamingnation.com/opencart/
Yes, it looks so much better with the Drop down menus! Great! :)

Personally, I prefer exactly the same feature where the menus changed appearance from black to gray when activated! ( we could see that in OpenCart 1.5.0 *ALPHA* Demo )

Post by Qphoria » Sat May 07, 2011 2:48 am

QNAP wrote:
Yes, it looks so much better with the Drop down menus! Great! :)

Personally, I prefer exactly the same feature where the menus changed appearance from black to gray when activated! ( we could see that in OpenCart 1.5.0 *ALPHA* Demo )
I like the new theme.. but needs centering badly! Haven't seen any effort in the centering of the items horizontally or vertically.. constantly looks unfinished

Administrator

Post by bluefall » Sun May 08, 2011 2:51 am

I'm going to build a new shopping website shortly.

Is any ETA of the final version of OpenCart v1.5.0 so I may plan it?

Thanks! :)

Post by poshook » Sun May 08, 2011 5:30 am

jayfkay wrote:[FEATURE REQUEST]
I mentioned this in the past several times but no reaction at all..... the very basic feature!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@Then_

Post by opencartisalright » Sun May 08, 2011 12:43 pm

JasonSGN wrote:
thegeekz wrote:

Thank you.
I don't like the tabs either but I also don't like the drop down category menu along the top. I prefer to have the category menu on the left or right side. Is there somewhere in the admin panel where we can switch it back to the side columns?