Post by opencartisalright » Sun May 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Daniel wrote:I don;t think you have any idea how long its going to take to get the bugs sorted out. most are done;. the biggie is gift voucers which is also nearly done. there should be another release this week.
Awesome. I was looking on the google code page and I saw that there were only 17 reported bugs left to squash. You guys are really on a roll over there! Thanks so much for that! :)

Can't wait for the next RC! ;D

Post by lpmorpheus » Sun May 01, 2011 11:17 pm

The new Attributes don't handle accents characters properly. When I want to add a previously created attribute to a product which started with 'Á', it doesn't auto complete and hasn't showed on the product's page. :(

Post by simulacrum » Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 am

What's about search options?

Is it not coplete yet?

Post by ohalex » Mon May 02, 2011 5:30 am

Hi. I am a novice here. I’ve just started my first project with OpenCart 1.4.9.3 – 1.4.9.4, and then I saw that soon there will be this new 1.5.0 version. So I decided that I should wait and switch to 1.5.0 stable.
Your work is not just great, it is amazing. So logic, so clean, so cute. Nevertheless, in the new version with all new useful features some redundant items appeared and some features are missing.

* knip *
Last edited by i2Paq on Tue May 03, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There is a special place to put in feature requests.

Post by brnrg » Mon May 02, 2011 6:24 pm

I install 1.5.0 on PC and when I test appear this... products are in the left side !
error2.png

error2.png (84.89 KiB) Viewed 4460 times

error3.png

error3.png (155.04 KiB) Viewed 4460 times

Post by allenshea » Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Why I even can not continue the check out with Step 3: Delivery Details

I'm use godaddy as host with Deluxe 4th Generation Hosting, Operating System: Linux, loaded newly trunk from http://code.google.com/p/opencart

Should I change the host after 1.5 released?

you can find my test on http://www.mortch.com/temp1/

Let me know if someone also use godaddy as host with no problem in 1.5 RC1. My 1.4.9.4 in this host performance very good.

Thanks!

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by allenshea » Tue May 03, 2011 7:43 am

I've noted someone made an order from our test website, but why I can not complete the check out process?

I have tested FF 3.6.17, IE6.0, Chrome 1.4.1 on XP.

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by ikhlief » Tue May 03, 2011 1:15 pm

allenshea wrote:Why I even can not continue the check out with Step 3: Delivery Details
I have the same problem, I post it here before but no one answer ??? :( , I am using Host Gator hosting so I don't think it is a hosting problem.

Post by screenager8 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:29 pm

ikhlief wrote:
allenshea wrote:Why I even can not continue the check out with Step 3: Delivery Details
I have the same problem, I post it here before but no one answer ??? :( , I am using Host Gator hosting so I don't think it is a hosting problem.
Opencart 1.5.0 is STILL RC1.

So....

DO NOT USE THIS ON A LIVE SHOP!
DO NOT TRY TO UPGRADE YOUR CURRENT SHOP!

Daniel and team will fix this, but don't push him.

for bugs, please post here http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=31055

Bukatoko.com | Cara mudah & cepat punya toko online!

Location - Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by clq » Tue May 03, 2011 8:01 pm

great :joker:

clq

Post by alex1 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Stop posting bugs on this thread! there is a separate thread for that!

Post by Qphoria » Tue May 03, 2011 9:32 pm

screenager8 wrote:
ikhlief wrote:
You aren't going to get answers.. this is an RC.. we take the bugs and fix them. After it is final we will take the time to give individual quick fixes. By now this has possibly been fixed in the latest SVN version so get that or wait for RC2

Administrator

Post by gocreative » Wed May 04, 2011 2:25 pm

I think this new version is phenomenal compared to 1.4.x and all predecessors. Fantastic work! Just a couple of minor suggestions:

1. Rename the 'Basket' button in the primary navigation to 'Shopping Cart' or 'Cart' for consistency with other pages/links. Most people won't be looking for the word 'Basket' (unless, of course, the entire site uses that prominently).

2. The 'Shopping Cart' popup box at the top (next to Search) should include a button or text link 'Go to cart'. There's space to the left of the Checkout button so it'd be a handy shortcut. You could also add 'Clear cart contents' but that might not be so important.

3. The payment options should be reinstated to the bottom left in the footer. Firstly, it's reassuring for buyers to see those logos there, especially if the store owner adds a security company logo. Secondly, it helps people earn PayPal referral commissions :)

4. For your own promotional purposes, I'd insert the OpenCart logo into the bottom right corner rather than just the text link. Store owners can still remove it if they wish.

5. Does the site map need to list all categories and subcategories? I know this is for SEO purposes, but stores with hundreds of category/subcategory combos will have a super long Site Map page. Could it simply show top-level product categories only?

6. I think the 'Login' button is redundant. If the user is not logged in, make the 'Account' button read 'Login'. If they are logged in, have it read 'Account'. Then add a text 'Logout' button somewhere (e.g. to the left of 'Home'). Just trying to save some screen real estate and less items in the primary navigation.

Post by gocreative » Wed May 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Once again it seems i2Paq is having trouble distinguishing feedback from feature requests and bug reports. This topic was split from the v1.5.0 RC1 topic here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31052

Daniel specifically requested feedback on the page, and that is what I gave. Several other people have offered feedback within that topic and none of them were moved.

I'm really growing quite tired of the lack of professionalism and general skills on this forum. I'm sure this topic/post will be deleted shortly because, as has previously transpired, these guys can't handle any negative feedback and promptly remove it.

Post by i2Paq » Wed May 04, 2011 7:06 pm

gocreative wrote:Once again it seems i2Paq is having trouble distinguishing feedback from feature requests and bug reports. This topic was split from the v1.5.0 RC1 topic here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31052

Daniel specifically requested feedback on the page, and that is what I gave. Several other people have offered feedback within that topic and none of them were moved.

I'm really growing quite tired of the lack of professionalism and general skills on this forum. I'm sure this topic/post will be deleted shortly because, as has previously transpired, these guys can't handle any negative feedback and promptly remove it.

Yep, I screwed up ;D

Sorry, restored.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by gocreative » Wed May 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Thank you. Apology accepted :)

Post by dony_b » Wed May 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Will I be able to upgrade from Version 1.4.9.3 to 1.5 or do I need to upgrade to Version 1.4.9.4 first ?

Location - Boston, MA

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 04, 2011 11:10 pm

dony_b wrote:Will I be able to upgrade from Version 1.4.9.3 to 1.5 or do I need to upgrade to Version 1.4.9.4 first ?
I am working on the upgrade script and working on the options conversion which is the main change. It theorectically should work with 1.4.8 or later and maybe possibly as far back as 1.4.0 but I'd recommend being as close to the latest as possible to lower the chance of problems and updates.

Administrator

Post by msmith » Thu May 05, 2011 5:28 pm

I've seen a new upload for 1.5.0 from yesterday. Is that RC2? Thanks.

Post by i2Paq » Thu May 05, 2011 6:34 pm

msmith wrote:I've seen a new upload for 1.5.0 from yesterday. Is that RC2? Thanks.
That looks like it, although the file-stamp is from 27-04-2011

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands