Post by MobiCart » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Hello,

Our API is busy being finalized and I will update everyone when ready.

Just a few weeks left to wait.

Thanks again,

Wladimir

Post by billfryer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Any news on this yet?

It's the middle to end of March. And I'm keen to get it integrated into my stores.

Bill

http://www.billfryer.com - the direct marketing agency
http://www.billfryercopywriter.co.uk - the copywriter

Location - Warminster, UK

Post by MobiCart » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi Bill,

Our API should be out on Monday and I will update this thread. Some parts have just taken longer than planned.

Thanks again,

Wladimir

Post by MobiCart » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Hello,

We are delighted to announce the MobiCart API has now been released and will be in beta for the next 4 weeks.

We also have a dedicated team of developers working on the API so are open to ideas and customisations.

http://www.mobi-cart.com/docs/api/index.html

There are two ways an integration can be developed:

1) Simple – Feed all the product data to MobiCart. When an order is then placed on a mobile phone, we would push it back up to you.

2) Advanced - Manage all the MobiCart settings including the app preview directly from within your admin panel.

We have also posted some screenshots of our new iPhone designs and iPad version which is due out soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/MobiCart

Thanks again,

Wladimir

Post by itrends » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Guys,

just an update. They released the API today. Maybe we can get something nice going to plug it into opencart soon? :)

http://www.mobi-cart.com/blog/features/ ... i-released

Post by joanorsky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:31 pm

I'm really looking forward for this..

Post by ecomensions » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi there,

We've finished the initial planning stages for an integration module, but we want to know what the community would like to see in the module.

What we are planning to do:
-We're making a separate tab in the admin control-panel (MobiCart) with the sub-menus Settings and Products.

-From the Settings menu you can Set your Username and API key, retrieve your Store, Store settings, store shipping and store tax details (currently you can not set these). You can also retrieve and update your Merchant (user) settings.

-From the Products menu, all products that are integrated with MobiCart are in the left select-box, with the rest in the right. You can move products to be integrated (adding them to your MobiCart and allowing for updates), or you can remove them from your MobiStore.

-Updating products in OpenCart (either through front-end orders, or backend changes) will also update that product with MobiCart IF the product is integrated with MobiCart.

-Orders place through MobiCart will be added to OpenCart (using a modified version of our Admin Order Createmodule).

What we are still unsure about:
-Departments - departments are required (although sub-departments are not), therefore products will simply take the base level Category as the department (therefore all base-level categories will be added as departments). We have no current plans on using sub-departments.

One thought was to have another Sub-menu of MobiCart named Departments, where you would be able to set these like categories, however having only a single child per parent (with no childen of children...) and then selecting the SubDepartment per product as an additional check - however we thought this may not be welcomed by the general user and may just be too complicated.

-Images API - all products will simply use all images associated. We are thinking of adding additional Image settings for MobiCart Image Size (where you can set under Settings > Images).

We have started to develop the plugins, but we would love some more input from the community - what do YOU want to see this module doing? We are hoping to have the module in testing by the weeks end, with a release some time next week.

Regards,
ecomensions

Ecommerce Extensions - Need custom development work? Feel free to send us a PM at anytime to discuss things further.

Post by MobiCart » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Hello,

This is great news, congratulations. Once the module has been built, you can also feature it in our add-on marketplace:

http://www.mobi-cart.com/addons.html (a lot more coming soon)

The most important part of the integration is feeding the product data to Mobicart, and once an order has been placed on a phone, to push it back up to the OpenCart admin.

The 'nice to have' features would be the ability to manage all your Mobicart settings including the app preview directly from the admin. However the app preview is not yet supported by our API but we are working on this.

What is also important is we have a dedicated team working on our API so are open to suggestions and customisations.

Kind Regards,

Wladimir

Post by MIAPLAYA » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:37 pm

ecomensions wrote:Hi there,

We've finished the initial planning stages for an integration module, but we want to know what the community would like to see in the module.

What we are planning to do:
-We're making a separate tab in the admin control-panel (MobiCart) with the sub-menus Settings and Products.

-From the Settings menu you can Set your Username and API key, retrieve your Store, Store settings, store shipping and store tax details (currently you can not set these). You can also retrieve and update your Merchant (user) settings.

-From the Products menu, all products that are integrated with MobiCart are in the left select-box, with the rest in the right. You can move products to be integrated (adding them to your MobiCart and allowing for updates), or you can remove them from your MobiStore.

-Updating products in OpenCart (either through front-end orders, or backend changes) will also update that product with MobiCart IF the product is integrated with MobiCart.

-Orders place through MobiCart will be added to OpenCart (using a modified version of our Admin Order Createmodule).

What we are still unsure about:
-Departments - departments are required (although sub-departments are not), therefore products will simply take the base level Category as the department (therefore all base-level categories will be added as departments). We have no current plans on using sub-departments.

One thought was to have another Sub-menu of MobiCart named Departments, where you would be able to set these like categories, however having only a single child per parent (with no childen of children...) and then selecting the SubDepartment per product as an additional check - however we thought this may not be welcomed by the general user and may just be too complicated.

-Images API - all products will simply use all images associated. We are thinking of adding additional Image settings for MobiCart Image Size (where you can set under Settings > Images).

We have started to develop the plugins, but we would love some more input from the community - what do YOU want to see this module doing? We are hoping to have the module in testing by the weeks end, with a release some time next week.

Regards,
ecomensions
For my store I don't think I could live without sub-categories so I'd need to see a way to integrate them into mobi-cart. I could live with some of my sub-categories becoming their own department in mobi-cart but no support at all might be a little tough.

Post by ecomensions » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:10 am

For my store I don't think I could live without sub-categories so I'd need to see a way to integrate them into mobi-cart. I could live with some of my sub-categories becoming their own department in mobi-cart but no support at all might be a little tough.
That's a valid point, howeber MobiCart only supports 1 parent category, and 1 sub category. So you can have the following for example:

Electronics
-Phones
--Mobile Phones
--Home Phones
--Phone Cables

-Cameras
--HD Cameras
--Camera Accessories

Simply because MobiCart does not support this. Our initial methods was to simply use the base-level category, so any product that was in any of the categories listed above will simply be added to the Electronics department. We ideally would like to use the base-level and a second category, so the following:

Electronics
-Phones
-Cameras

But we're not too sure how we are going to approach the Departments/Category issue. We are simply going to complete as much of the other development first, and revise this issue later.

Regards,
ecomensions

Ecommerce Extensions - Need custom development work? Feel free to send us a PM at anytime to discuss things further.

Post by MobiCart » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Hello,

Just FYI we are working on supporting unlimited sub-departments via our API. We don't yet have a release date for this but are working on it.

Please also do let us know anything else you would like to see in our API as we are open to customisations and making sure we can fully opencart and all its features.

Thanks again,

Wladimir

Post by MIAPLAYA » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:52 pm

ecomensions wrote:
That's a valid point, howeber MobiCart only supports 1 parent category, and 1 sub category. So you can have the following for example:

Electronics
-Phones
--Mobile Phones
--Home Phones
--Phone Cables

-Cameras
--HD Cameras
--Camera Accessories

Simply because MobiCart does not support this. Our initial methods was to simply use the base-level category, so any product that was in any of the categories listed above will simply be added to the Electronics department. We ideally would like to use the base-level and a second category, so the following:

Electronics
-Phones
-Cameras

But we're not too sure how we are going to approach the Departments/Category issue. We are simply going to complete as much of the other development first, and revise this issue later.

Regards,
ecomensions
This would work for me. Not ideal but it would work.

Post by ecomensions » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:29 pm

It's good to hear that Unlimited sub-departments would be supported in future - we will update our scripts as soon as this comes available.

We have now moved into private testing, which will tomorrow, and we should have something ready for distribution in the coming days.

Post by MobiCart » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Thats excellent news and cant wait to take a look.

Post by bleuclay » Mon May 02, 2011 3:44 am

Count me in.. and blackberry apps will be great if you can handle it too.. :) Thanks in advance

Post by MIAPLAYA » Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Any updates on a Opencart Module for this?

Post by jrfcomputing » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Hello just wondering how this is coming along? I am very intrested in getting a module to do this with mobi-cart

Opencart sites I am currently working on:
http://www.cablecafe.co.uk
http://www.exclusivelygorgeous.co.uk/

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:12 am

Any word on this project?

M-Commerce seems to be where everything's headed, and I'd really like to see a Mobi-Cart extension for OpenCart. :)

Post by shoo002 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:30 pm

+1 on this subject. I'd like to be able to use my opencart store through an m-commerce app. Has anyone managed to use the mobicart API yet to get this feature working.

Shoo002

Post by fbjernebo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:06 am

Also looking for an update on this???