Post by knight_47 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:24 am

hello,

for some odd reason my description editor when creating or editing a product does not show up. for example, in the screenshot below:
anyone know why the description editor is not showing up??

Post by sans » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:38 am

1. Ensure file in admin/view/template/catalog/product_form.tpl is right.
2. Ensure you find the following code in admin/view/template/catalog/product_form.tpl :

Code: Select all

<tr>
              <td><?php echo $entry_description; ?></td>
              <td><textarea name="product_description[<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>][description]" id="description<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>"><?php echo isset($product_description[$language['language_id']]) ? $product_description[$language['language_id']]['description'] : ''; ?></textarea></td>
            </tr>
after :

<tr>
              <td><?php echo $entry_meta_description; ?></td>
              <td><textarea name="product_description[<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>][meta_description]" cols="40" rows="5"><?php echo isset($product_description[$language['language_id']]) ? $product_description[$language['language_id']]['meta_description'] : ''; ?></textarea></td>
            </tr>
and code :

<script type="text/javascript" src="view/javascript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
<?php foreach ($languages as $language) { ?>
CKEDITOR.replace('description<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>', {
	filebrowserBrowseUrl: 'index.php?route=common/filemanager&token=<?php echo $token; ?>',
	filebrowserImageBrowseUrl: 'index.php?route=common/filemanager&token=<?php echo $token; ?>',
	filebrowserFlashBrowseUrl: 'index.php?route=common/filemanager&token=<?php echo $token; ?>',
	filebrowserUploadUrl: 'index.php?route=common/filemanager&token=<?php echo $token; ?>',
	filebrowserImageUploadUrl: 'index.php?route=common/filemanager&token=<?php echo $token; ?>',
	filebrowserFlashUploadUrl: 'index.php?route=common/filemanager&token=<?php echo $token; ?>'
});
<?php } ?>
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="view/javascript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>

kaos jersey, jersey bola, baju bola, baju bola terbaru, baju bola murah

Post by knight_47 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 am

thank you so much for your reply.

first code segments are fine, but for some reason i'm getting a syntax error on the last chunk of code.

sorry the img is cropped too far on the left side, but where the red marker is, is the line of code that's giving the error. i can't spot why so.

it's very odd because it works for some pages but not for others. thanks again.

Post by knight_47 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

any help please??

Post by SapporoGuy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:24 am

hmmm,

1.) this is my F*editor setup.

CKEDITOR.replace('description<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>', {
enterMode    : Number(2),
//shiftEnterMode    : Number(1),
Add the entermode stuff and enjoy ;) No more stupid paragraphs popping in :P

2.) from my html part

<tr>
				<td><?php echo $entry_description; ?></td>
				<td><textarea name="product_description[<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>][description]" id="description<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>"><?php echo isset($product_description[$language['language_id']]) ? $product_description[$language['language_id']]['description'] : ''; ?></textarea></td>
			</tr>
						<tr>
							<td><?php echo $entry_meta_keywords; ?></td>
							<td><textarea name="product_description[<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>][meta_keywords]" cols="40" rows="5"><?php echo isset($product_description[$language['language_id']]) ? $product_description[$language['language_id']]['meta_keywords'] : ''; ?></textarea></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td><?php echo $entry_meta_description; ?></td>
							<td><textarea name="product_description[<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>][meta_description]" cols="40" rows="5"><?php echo isset($product_description[$language['language_id']]) ? $product_description[$language['language_id']]['meta_description'] : ''; ?></textarea></td>
						</tr>
			<tr>
							<td><?php echo $entry_tags; ?></td>
							<td><input type="text" name="product_tags[<?php echo $language['language_id']; ?>]" value="<?php echo isset($product_tags[$language['language_id']]) ? $product_tags[$language['language_id']] : ''; ?>" size="80"/></td>
						</tr>
Works with the meta tags ;D

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by knight_47 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:20 am

oh my goodness, this is driving me NUTS! I followed your instructions SapporoGuy, but to no avail, same issue.

I then completely deleted everything on that domain, and started a brand new fresh opencart install. created a new database with the same prefix as my old DB, and restored a backup of the old db to the new. and same damn problem, the description shows on only some products, and when I try to insert a product the description goes missing. Why?! I'm going crazy, someone please help. :'(

Post by knight_47 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:05 pm

it seems even on a fresh install that the same issue appears. after installing opencart straight from download i can view the description editor on the demo items present but for some reason when i try to insert a new product the description editor is gone, forcing me to not be able to type up a product description.

could it be possible that i am using a database with multiple prefixes installed to it?

Post by qahar » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:30 pm

if you have a link, it will be usefull

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by SapporoGuy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:39 pm

IF the prefixes that you using are separated by application (ie, opencart, forum, blahblah) then there should be no problem. I wonder if this is a browser problem....

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by knight_47 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:09 am

really odd. I just created a subdomain with another fresh install so you can have a look at it, but it seems to be working fine now. Description editor indeed is showing up in admin panel.

SapporoGuy, I think you might be right about the browser issue. I'm thinking it could be due to cookie issues. I'm going to install again and clear my cookies and see if this solves the issue. Thanks again for all your guys responses, greatly appreciated it.

Post by knight_47 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:17 pm

again, just deleted every single file on the domain. downloaded opencart straight from the website, uploaded, created a brand new database, brand new user, set it up, and again, the description editor is not showing up.

if you guys please don't mind checking this out this is driving me insane.

go to products > insert > if the editor shows up > cancel > then try inserting another product, it wont show up this time. also if you go to edit a product, it won't show up either.

if i create a subdomain it seemed to have worked but idk what is up with this domain. i'm about to explode! :skull:
Last edited by knight_47 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by qahar » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:02 pm

When I try to debug it, I found this error: l.lang.about is undefined
This is ckEditor bugs, you can read here on how to fix it.
This happen because CKEDITOR_BASEPATH is not set properly.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by knight_47 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:03 pm

but why is this only happening with my instal? i'm so confused, googling the issue doesn't result in anything similar. any reason as to why it does not work on a fresh instal? am i doing something wrong?

i went over the link but really have no idea on where to start, can you please suggest me on that.

Thank you

Post by qahar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:08 pm

At link above, someone say he got the same error because he use server-side maps in apache.

I go to you admin again an notice that when ckeditor is loaded, the javascript src is:

view/javascript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js
When it fail to load, the src is:

http://abmedsupply.com/admin/view/javascript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js.pagespeed.ce.HDREG6m7rF.js
It fail because you use pagespeed on admin.

If you cannot disable the pagespeed, there is a documentation about how to set CKEDITOR_BASEPATH
You can try to put this before <script type="text/javascript" src="view/javascript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
on every page use ckeditor

<script type="text/javascript">
var CKEDITOR_BASEPATH = 'view/javascript/ckeditor/';
</script>

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by knight_47 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 am

QAHAR!!

You are right!! My host does provide speed optimization (which it says is in beta!) Soon after disabling this it worked like a charm.

Thank you thank you thank you soo much for your time, and logging in to the site to check out the problem, and debugging it, and searching CKeditors site for the bug. I am internally grateful, you are awesome.

SapporoGuy, thank you for your time too, greatly appreciated.

Post by tankueray » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Yes, thank you so much!

That was driving me crazy. Turned off speed optimization and worked like a champ!

Post by watchingd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Hey all,

Am currently having the same problem, am with godaddy hosting (not my choice) and cant seem to find anything to do with speed optimization but in truth I have no idea where to look for this option in godaddy and my google searches about this have been no help. My product page is showing up the exact same as the OP and I have tried all the coding in previous posts. If anyone could tell me where to look for speed optimization or if anyone had any other ideas that would be great.

Thanks.

Post by watchingd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Fixed my problem, after trying to fix it for days and days around an hour after posting on this forum looking for help I managed to fix it myself, must say it made me laugh! For me the problem was that ckeditor\skins\kama wasn't uploaded correctly, everything else appeared correct and there was never any error message so after trawling through ever last bit of php and css it appeared here.

Post by herrysuhe » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:21 am

For the experience ....

I experienced the same thing, CKeditor I can not come, I've consultasi with my hosting and do not succeed, but after I delete my browser cacha finally .....
Please try for those who have not been able to solve the above problem .... :banana: :gamer: :good:

trim's

Menjual Baju Tidur Ecer dan Grosir
http://www.grosirbajutidurmurah.com/

Location - Buitenzorg

Post by kampong » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:45 am

I'm facing te same problem except that it works on IE and Firefox but it just refuse to appear in Chrome.

Haven't tried Safari and Opera though.

I'm inclined to think that it's Chrome's problem though. Tried clearing hstory, cookies, diff comp, diff ISP all the same results.