Post by Ion_Cannon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:16 am

All, this is my first quick contribution. I wrote a VQMod for the New Entry extension that was recently released as free. Very simple, please test and let me know of any issues. Seems to work for 1.4.9.3 ok.

Link to Extension: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=636

Attachments

Post by Ion_Cannon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Did this work for anyone? Not much feedback so I don't know if that is good or bad. I am working on a FedEx tracking solution also. It is a fork from another one that is on the site but it will be vQmod.

thanks
-kevin
Ion_Cannon

Post by marvmen21 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:49 am

yep! I am using it! and it works. Great qmod, thanks a lot.

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by pagecom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 am

I'm getting permission denied when I go to new order under sales. Any idea what might be the problem.

Thank you

Post by Ion_Cannon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:38 am

pagecom wrote:I'm getting permission denied when I go to new order under sales. Any idea what might be the problem.

Thank you
You might have skipped Step 6 of the module install:

Step 6:
Click 'Edit' for 'Top Administrator'
Check 'sale/order_new' in 'Access Permission'
Check 'sale/order_new' in 'Modify Permission'
Click 'Save'

Post by pagecom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:13 am

Ion_Cannon wrote:
pagecom wrote:I'm getting permission denied when I go to new order under sales. Any idea what might be the problem.

Thank you

Step 6:
Click 'Save'
Thank you for the quick response. I'm using the Vqmod version and I don't see order_new in the list. By the way I remember your name from CS-Cart, you were great help over there.

Thank you
Joe

Post by Ion_Cannon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:13 am

pagecom wrote:
Ion_Cannon wrote:

Thank you

Step 6:
Click 'Save'
Thank you for the quick response. I'm using the Vqmod version and I don't see order_new in the list. By the way I remember your name from CS-Cart, you were great help over there.

Thank you
Joe
Dumb question...you aren't JUST using my vqmod file right?? You actually copied the module to the correct directories? The vqmod only automatically installs the core changes required so you don't have to edit the core files that the instructions require. The permission should be between "sale/order" and "setting/setting" if you installed the modules files in the right places. Read the "readme.txt" file that came with the module. The vqmod makes it so steps 2-5 are not required. Hope this helps.

Post by pagecom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Dumb question...you aren't JUST using my vqmod file right?? You actually copied the module to the correct directories? The vqmod only automatically installs the core changes required so you don't have to edit the core files that the instructions require. The permission should be between "sale/order" and "setting/setting" if you installed the modules files in the right places. Read the "readme.txt" file that came with the module. The vqmod makes it so steps 2-5 are not required. Hope this helps.
Yes I was, I thought it was just like some other vqmods that I'm using, I should have read more carefully. I uploaded the files and all is well, Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

Joe

Post by Ion_Cannon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 am

pagecom wrote:
Yes I was, I thought it was just like some other vqmods that I'm using, I should have read more carefully. I uploaded the files and all is well, Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

Joe
You are right, a lot of vqmods ARE the module but it is nice to not have to edit core files for existing modules as well if a vqmod can be made to make the install a bit easier.

Post by dinmc » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:58 am

Can't make it work in other language (danish) - when adding a product I get the messagebox "failed" - and nothing is added. Any hints?

Post by marvmen21 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:36 am

This has worked greatly for me however, the error log is showing the following:

2011-04-05 17:37:28 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: order_status_id in /var/www/mysite/admin/view/template/sale/order_form_new.tpl on line 104
2011-04-05 17:37:28 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: payment_country_id in /var/www/mysites/admin/view/template/sale/order_form_new.tpl on line 282
2011-04-05 17:38:04 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: payment_zone in /var/www/mysite/admin/controller/sale/order_new.php on line 74
2011-04-05 17:38:04 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: payment_country in /var/www/mysite/admin/controller/sale/order_new.php on line 76

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by shoo002 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:35 am

Does this module allow for special pricing/customer group prices.

Regards
Shoo002

Post by lucasbg » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:31 am

Ion_Cannon wrote:

Thank you

Step 6:
Click 'Save'
It's OK, but I don't have any 'sale/order_new' in the Top Administrator, nor in 'Access Permission' or in 'Modify Permission'...

OC 1.4.9.5

Post by marcelwoo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 am

any chance of updating it to fit 1.5.1.3?

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by takahashi1973 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi!

Coming week we will check it with a fine opencart developer.

Post by Klimskady » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:10 am

Would be great if this could be updated to work with 1.5.1.3.. I doubt it will though. :(

Post by takahashi1973 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:20 pm

We left it a bit but let me check this week if we can find the time!

Post by Klimskady » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:03 am

takahashi1973 wrote:We left it a bit but let me check this week if we can find the time!
It would be much appreciated if you could.

Post by takahashi1973 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:06 am

I asked two guys but one does not see the the use of it...the other ..did not like it ;-)
Let me post it in commercial forum as we are kinda too busy right now.

Post by Klimskady » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Ah, that is a shame. Thank you for asking though.