Post by i2Paq » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:34 am

msmith wrote:
Daniel wrote:there is a lot of stuff in 1.5.0 that people have been nagging me about for a long time.
Where is it?
Just around the corner, and because it has the sun in its back you can already see its shadow ;D

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by SapporoGuy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:06 am

Daniel wrote:maybe i change it.
That is very encyclopedic :laugh:
So I'll give it a +1 too :laugh:

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:23 am

Talking about settings and multistore:

It would be nice if the 'config_url' value in the setting table could be moved to the config.php file. This way when I move the Opencart to another server, I can just copy the database to the new server and would only have to worry about changing the new config.php files for the new server.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by cmebd » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:32 am

JNeuhoff wrote:Talking about settings and multistore:

It would be nice if the 'config_url' value in the setting table could be moved to the config.php file. This way when I move the Opencart to another server, I can just copy the database to the new server and would only have to worry about changing the new config.php files for the new server.

Oh Bliss :drunk:

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by RonA » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:35 am

+1 for me too on the multistore improvements. This is my absolute favorite feature with Opencart and I would love to assign a unique email address to each of my stores. Thank you for considering it Daniel!

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:57 am

JNeuhoff wrote:Talking about settings and multistore:

yeah I don't see that happening. The only way you could do it since it is multi-store is to write it in there as an array with is a bit of a pain to have the admin do, then you would have to keep the config.php writeable in order to be able to use the admin to add new stores. I don't really thing that requiring logging into the admin to change your store url's to be all that big of a hassle. Have a look at what you have to do to move a magneto site and you'll love how easy opencart is.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:57 am

We should really stop posting.. everytime someone posts a good idea and people start with the +1, daniel tends to look into it. Did someone ask for one page checkout? .. well guess what is holding up the show! ;)

Administrator

Post by marc_cole » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:08 am

Qphoria wrote:We should really stop posting.. )
I thought the feature list was frozen for 1.5.0? If not, maybe you're right — we could start a 1.5.1 thread, instead.

OpenCart v1.4.9.4
VQMod | Categories Home | Cleaner By Default - 2 Column | Speak Good English

Location - Seattle, WA

Post by QNAP » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Q
t. Did someone ask for one page checkout? .. well guess what is holding up the show! ;)
Think it was me who brought it up first time..... :)
Once the normal checkout for reg and guest is combined into a common path, then we can focus on a single page checkout. Until then we will have to 2 paths for guest and 2 paths for registered. It's a mess that needs to be cleaned first IMO

The only difference between guest checkout and registered checkout is the password and password confirm fields. In the example above I have the option for the 2 password fields on the success page. But this could be moved to the Enter Address page all the same.
- If guest checkout is allowed then the password fields would be optional.
- if guest checkout is disabled, the password fields would be required.

Then on the shipping and payment pages:
- if customer did not enter a password in the first page, then assume guest checkout and "change" address will return to first page
- if customer did enter a password in the first page, then assume registered and the "change" address will take them to the account/address page to change or add new.

Also I will change the "Your account has been created successfully" page to just be a green message on the shipping page as having that as a landing page is annoying and unnecessary.

Simple!
There is no reason to rush things, the main thing should be that we get a solution that works well IRL and everyone ( read customers ) is satisfied with.
The 3-step Checkout solution that you suggested earlier is magic.
I thought that it would be implemented in OC 1.5.2, correct?

Post by msmith » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Let's start:

Sneak Peek: OpenCart 1.5.2 *ALPHA*

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:02 pm

I will tell you where I'm up to.

I'm in the process of finishing the one-page checkout. i decided to go with one-page even after I stated reasons why I don't like it. With the new system it would mean there would be one checkout system instead of having a separate guest checkout and registered checkout.

Its going to take me another 2 days before the new checkout system is finished. After that I need to spend maybe another 2 days testing and adding small bits of code to finsh off some features. Then I need to play around with the new template a bit to make it look nicer. After that everything is done.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by fireatwire » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:04 pm

wuhuu!! no problem to wait another week if we get the one page checkout! sounds awesome, you're awesome daniel!

Post by QNAP » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Well done. Very impressive!! Looking forward to see the end result! :)
Thanks for a great job Daniel!

Post by jty » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Qphoria wrote:We should really stop posting.. everytime someone posts a good idea and people start with the +1, daniel tends to look into it.
+1,000
fireatwire wrote:wuhuu!! no problem to wait another week if we get the one page checkout! sounds awesome, you're awesome daniel!
but we have already waited many 1 weeks.

jty

Post by Scribe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Awesome, but pleaseeeeee 1.5.1 for any new features. I need 1.5.0 ASAP =(

Post by arch72 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Danial

+1 who is happy to wait until you have incorporated everything that you have on the table now, happy to be patient and wait another week if the release is stable, fairly bug free and includes the goods ideas generated in the sneak preview thread in the core ( multi-store with all the bells & whistles and 1 page checkout) love the stuff, thanks to all the developers for considering all the ideas put forward and allowing for debates/opinions and the contributors, for some great suggestions and improvements all in the interest of a top notch, top quality piece of kit , that is gna be versatile.

Let danial finish this version as he has on the table, no more suggestions for 1.5.0, close this thread, release the version within the week and start a new thread for 1.5.1

I'm really can't wait to get my hands on it, 6 months and waiting can wait a few days, draw a line under this one folks and let it be released soon.

thank you to all developers, contributors and project owner.

Post by SapporoGuy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Without seeing what is coming, I'm positive that the delay and the "new ideas" that are being added actually make more sense when you think about it. It's not just the features but the underlying foundation that "seems" to being worked on.

1 checkout or should I say "unified reduced checkout" makes it easier to code in the RMA and affiliates and other forward looking features.

I'm sure that there are other areas that also got "refined" do to forward looking coding.

If I'm wrong ... oh well ...

To be honest, this thread should have been locked from post 1 thereby preventing 30+ pages of ideas, thanks, and comments. But then again this is not my home. :D

Post by Johnathan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Daniel wrote:I'm in the process of finishing the one-page checkout.
This is great, but I think what a lot of people could use is a 0.5-page checkout. I've heard it converts at least a hundred times more sales. When can we expect that?

;)

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 am

Actually I read an article about that a few days ago ... I was wondering about that.
Apparently, extremely high conversion rates. You need to make sure that your payment processor is ready to accept the faster speeds.

However, I wish my site had that number of hits ... ::)

Post by QNAP » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:48 am

This is great, but I think what a lot of people could use is a 0.5-page checkout. I've heard it converts at least a hundred times more sales. When can we expect that?
Kindergarten manners. What is your intention with the type of posts?!
You think it is in any way constructive and contribute to the debate concerning the new Checkout issue?