Post by platypuspuzzles » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm in Australia and I use www.stickithere.com.au and I've not once regretted changing to them.

I get very personalised service, prompt replies when trying to sort out an issue and it's CHEAP unlimited hosting.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to website hosting so my host provider set up opencart and 2 subdomains all free of charge and created a personalised template at a very affordable price.

Post by OCyvon2 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:17 pm

For the Netherlands
http://www.budgetbytes.nl= not bad

OpenCartstore
Gebruikersgids (admin handleiding)

Location - Zaandam, The Netherlands

Post by philbydevil » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:49 pm

I used Quadra hosting as they have servers based in Australia. Also, they don't use cPanel.

Good support too. Not cheap, but affordable.

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by joaoj » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:36 am

Hello Everyone,

Is anyone using "ARVIXE Webhosting for Opencart"? I'm looking for another web hosting service the one I have is up and down to much.

Thank You
joaoj

Post by SXGuy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 am

i use Agilityhoster.com

has some down time, but nothing major to worth worrying about.

Post by peteVA » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:52 am

joaoj, I offer hosting for OC, have a number of clients on servers in the US and UK. And while it's not much for an Open Cart user, I will do free installs. And in your case it is possible we could move your site over to my server without disturbing anything.

Downtime on either of them over the last year has been possibly 15 minutes each, definitely less than half an hour or either one.

Unlimited everything, no bandwidth restrictions or any limits on all the other things some hosts make you think are really special. Want to set up email for everyone in the neighborhood, fine. Only restriction is 1 domain or 6 or 20. Databases, sub-domains, etc, entirely up to you. As much disk space as you need, no problem.

Cost, paid annually, $53.88 or $4.49 per month. Paid quarterly, $14.97 or $4.99 per month. Paid monthly, $5.99. Got more PayPal fees that way. :)

I can have you moved overnight, in most cases, and you'll never miss a beat.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 pm

If you have the technical understanding, rackspace.com uses the "cloud" for it's webhosting. This means you are basically given a box (linux or windows) and you build it all from scratch. Use the server for hosting websites, game servers, whatever. It requires technical knowledge, but I think the cloud prevents any downtime or delays, because the cloud is always up! They also offer very cheap file storage. $10/mo is the base.. from there it is based on how much bandwidth or diskspace used... Bandwidth Out 18¢ / In 8¢ per GB... file storage is 15¢ per GB.. but you must be well versed in linux and know how to "get" things as you are basically given a fresh OS with nothing installed.

Administrator

Post by joaoj » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:19 am

Ok I must change my hosting service. Now this is what happen there were down for hours no email from them saying anything, and when I contacted them they said that they were moving websites to another servers, now when I go to opencart admin to add products it keeps loging me out from admin.
Dose anyone have any idea why it keeps loging out now from admin?

Thanks All
joaoj

Post by bajaber » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:28 pm

joaoj wrote:Ok I must change my hosting service. Now this is what happen there were down for hours no email from them saying anything, and when I contacted them they said that they were moving websites to another servers, now when I go to opencart admin to add products it keeps loging me out from admin.
Dose anyone have any idea why it keeps loging out now from admin?

Thanks All
joaoj
Sounds like an irresponsible hosting service. Just move websites without informing of potential downtime???

Post by daledude » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:35 am

Avoid Network Solutions like the plague. They are terrible - they take 24hours minimum to respond to any requests, their database servers are slow as molasses (even a basic install of WordPress crawls), their customer control panel is designed in-house and is a clusterf**k to navigate (though not as bad as GoDaddy's), their webmail offers no way to look at messages marked spam (they just 'disappear' - before they get to your inbox - so you don't know if you're missing out on actual legit mail). My boss always tries to get our clients to go with them, I guess she has had great experiences with them long ago, but I have to work with their hosting daily and it's a nightmare. They offer some things that you can install through their control panel like WordPress and Magento, but it's pointless, anything that uses a db crawls. OpenCart is about the only cart I've been able to get up and running on it at decent speeds (thanks for that).

I personally have used Surpass Hosting since their founding (7+ years), and they usually get back to me on requests within 1-3hrs; if they upgrade the specs on the named account you have, they'll upgrade your account for free if you write them; they use the actual cPanel, they run contests pretty regularly (this entire year's hosting is free for me with them because i won one of their FB contests)... I definitely recommend them.

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:41 am

well my biggest gripe with network solutions is that they run all their php through a proxy and everything appears to come from http port 80 even if it was accessed via https on port 443, so there is no possible way for a script to determine if it was accessed securely which makes ssl a nightmare since you can't determine how to call remote scripts (http/https) on the fly.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by blakeh » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:24 pm

daledude wrote:Avoid Network Solutions like the plague.
I can only agree with that. I have had similar experience with them and I waited endlessly for a reply. Its not so simple any more which web host to choose from. I think there are so many to choose from and there are so many things that one should consider when choosing a web host. If you don't you end up with bad hosts like Network Solution.

Post by ThePath » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:50 pm

I would suggest Heart Internet. Im a reseller for them so you can also buy there services through me for cheaper. That doesnt make me biased though. They really are good! Brilliant support, excellent uptime, very stable and the domains are cheaper that most other places Ive found.

A good option for people who want UK based servers too.

Bad hosts Ive dealt with: Bluehost, Justhost and the worst host on the internet by far has to be: Fasthosts!! Oh how I wish they would go bust. Horrible system, worse support, just crap!!

O0

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by opencartisalright » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Avoid GoDaddy.com. The founder kills elephants and smiles about it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/BUSINESS/04 ... tml?hpt=T2

Post by Moggin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:30 pm

opencartisalright wrote:Avoid GoDaddy.com. The founder kills elephants and smiles about it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/BUSINESS/04 ... tml?hpt=T2
Seconded. Their hosting is not ideal, according to other posts here - but now I don't care if it's the best in the world. It's OUT.

Post by sanyprashant » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:02 am

Hi, friends

How about tmdhosting and fatcow hosting?

any experience?

Location - Mumbai,India

Post by phpuk » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:33 am

I am also a reseller for Heart Internet and would highly recommend them.

Very good bunch of guys.

Global Moderator

Post by Alistair » Mon May 30, 2011 9:15 am

If I were you i'd go for Hostgator than GoDaddy. No offense meant but GoDaddy is full of bad neighbors nowadays and is not SEO friendly in that case.

SEO Blog Philippines

Post by panjabifolk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:54 pm

As far as the hosting is concern i can say that HostGator is fantastic,there never had downtime issues regarding speed or something.

acekard 2i

Post by georgetteharris88 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:48 pm

For me, GoDaddy is still the best web host...

Florida Business Lawyer